Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New BioWare IP Delayed, Mass Effect Potentially Put on Backburner

• punkyliarpunkyliar265,681
  • Halcyon PureHalcyon Pure999,960
    Posted on 11 May 17 at 18:52
    Appreciating that many on this site may disagree, I think this is terrible news. I just can't get enough of the Mass Effect franchise, and there are so many possible ME stories left to explore. :(
  • Strategy OneStrategy One707,307
    Posted on 11 May 17 at 18:55, Edited on 11 May 17 at 19:35 by xPut Name Herex
    TBH I have not made it to the new game yet, but I haven't heard anything good or bad about it.

Mod Edit: Removed Response to deleted post.
  • SirBaxter77SirBaxter77146,852
    Posted on 11 May 17 at 19:14
    Really hope they manage to get a NBA game out this season. EA gets alot of heat, bur at least they had the guts to not put a poor game out, compare that to multitransaction loving, achivement glitch ignoring , bug addinc 2K.
  • billbillbillbillbillbill1,285,821
    Posted on 11 May 17 at 19:16
    Strategy One said:
    TBH I have not made it to the new game yet, but I haven't heard anything good or bad about it.
    New Mass Effect game's sweet, great fun to play and an enjoyable space RPG. Just doesn't create as big of a splash compared to the original games from nearly ten years ago 'cause they now have a lot more Triple-A competition and Andromeda's narrative plays it very 'safe'.

There you go, a little good and a little bad!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 May 17 at 19:59
    ^ ha very north Korea of you,so freedom of speech isn't aloud here got ya.
    TA "just how good are you" not very is the answer for 99% of you boost everything seems pointless to be in to cheevs if thats the case.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 May 17 at 20:03, Edited on 11 May 17 at 20:27 by
    Whys my first post deleted its about the game? Is the bad word oh no boohoo a swearword.internet police are out what a life you must lead.
    TA "just how good are you" not very is the answer for 99% of you boost everything seems pointless to be in to cheevs if thats the case.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 May 17 at 20:29
    Hey strategy one you won't buy it anyway its not free or old.
  • allstar738allstar738657,406
    Posted on 11 May 17 at 20:31
    Take as much time as you need if it gets rid of the SJW's at Bioware. It completely ruined Andromeda. roll
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 May 17 at 20:45
    How could the animations in Mass Effect Andromeda turn out so shit? The animators Linked-In clearly said: Very experienced
    Guess that happens when you listen to the likes of Sarkeesian, Kotaku & co. and hire SJW morons based on affermative action instead of actual talented people.
    I'm glad that they reaped in what they sow. Mr. "White people are shit" game director and miss "I was raped in GTA5" writer can go die in a fire for all I care.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic562,678
    Posted on 11 May 17 at 20:59
    I hope we at least get some DLC for MEA that isn't MP-focused and that we get a sequel as well. The ending just left too much up in the air and potential plotlines. I especially want to know what happened with the

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA2,115,388
    Posted on 11 May 17 at 21:01
    I'm happy more star wars games are coming ? I am surprised no mention on the reports about tf2 , I'm sure that sold very well.
  • WebManWebMan1,230,492
    Posted on 11 May 17 at 21:15
    Well, another year without a golf game from EA. I miss the annual releases of Tiger Woods golf. No really, seriously, I do miss them. cry
  • FlattmeisterFlattmeister471,387
    Posted on 11 May 17 at 21:39
    Fanta Morgana said:
    How could the animations in Mass Effect Andromeda turn out so shit? The animators Linked-In clearly said: Very experienced
    Guess that happens when you listen to the likes of Sarkeesian, Kotaku & co. and hire SJW morons based on affermative action instead of actual talented people.
    I'm glad that they reaped in what they sow. Mr. "White people are shit" game director and miss "I was raped in GTA5" writer can go die in a fire for all I care.
    Social justice and identity politics in entertainment media don't sell. The gaming press fed into this narrative and boosted it more that gamers are hateful, bigoted, muh soggy knees women haters. That's why the Gamergate movement is still going on strong to fight against these corrupt gatekeepers to the industry. That's why I like sites like TA and YouTubers who are gamers at heart first. No agendas or denigrating their own audience.

For people who aren't sure what the guy above is referencing; Manveer Heir the Lead Gameplay designer on Mass Effect:Andromeda throughout the development of the game had made numerous hateful and racist tweets directed at white people on his twitter account.
    Not 2-3 or 5 tweets but literally his account is littered with anti white sentiment.
    His bio on twitter says he works for Bioware and current projects, yet they didn't condemn his actions. They didn't reprimand him or release a public statement. Their silence showed they were complicit and shared his beliefs. After all Bioware is a company of diversity except white people.

There's a whole other kettle of fish with regards to forced diversity within hiring in the company based on skin colour and gender rather than based skills, merit, talent and experience. And also forced diversity within characters in games. "So what brought you to Andromeda?" "I worked in a lab but I'm trans, I was Stephen but now I'm Hains Abram"
    Hackneyed writing, iv got no problem with having trans characters in a game but write them with more than just their identity as their core component. No trans person tells you their dead name on their first meeting.

I also blame EA's poor marketing, they pushed this game when it should've been delayed and they released no information about the Ryder twins prior to release so all the other aspects of the game were under the microscope of scrutiny. We had no knowledge of who they were. Well rant over. Peace!
    Toasty!
  • FlattmeisterFlattmeister471,387
    Posted on 11 May 17 at 21:42
    I really wanted this game to be great, but all of the original developers of the original trilogy had left Bioware leaving behind a bunch of regressive minded millennials. Sjws are getting out of hand with this whole culture war.
    Toasty!
  • Rista BRista B862,518
    Posted on 12 May 17 at 00:51
    I think that EA probably needs to take a hard look at how Andromeda turned out and decide if the leadership at Bioware can be trusted to turn out good products. If not EA has plenty of other IP's to focus on and put their resources towards.

I have not played Andromeda yet but it sounds like they totally lost focus on what made Dragon Age and Mass Effect worthwhile games. Characters and story were where they used to excel. I cared about my Shepard and my crew in the Mass Effect series. The Citadel DLC was a great summation to the journey. It wasn't perfect and it felt like the writing staff got a bit too full of themselves towards the end but it was fun and it was engaging and I looked forward to hearing what Wrex was going to say next.

Andromeda feels like it was put out by a group who has lost their vision and possibly their passion for making great characters and great stories. Apparently they churned out a perfectly fine, bland, by the numbers action RPG with overtones of social progressiveness that was handled with such ham handedness that instead of making a point about inclusiveness they alienated more than they reached.

I absolutely will play Andromeda some day but I am okay if EA decides to put the series on the shelf. Better that than an endless number of increasingly generic, soulless sequels.
    Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,143,382
    Posted on 12 May 17 at 02:25
    allstar738 said:
    Take as much time as you need if it gets rid of the SJW's at Bioware. It completely ruined Andromeda. roll
    I hope you meant this because I agree with you. The all out feminist agenda assault in Andromeda was staggering. I've never seen such blatant propaganda pushed in a video game before.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo323,846
    Posted on 12 May 17 at 02:47
    I will play ME:Andromeda someday but im glad I waited. Without the original crew pushing for amazing narrative and character development, I had a feeling ME:A wouldn't be the same. Was there a season pass issued stating there would be story DLC? Not seeing any rants here means few people went with the pass..?

On a side note, do you have to play the MP to get 100% achievement completion?
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • EveryBaseEveryBase523,938
    Posted on 12 May 17 at 06:33, Edited on 12 May 17 at 06:36 by EveryBase
    Fans of ME wanted the trilogy remastered all in one package with all DLC and maybe a revamped ending to 3 lol and instead we got one of Commander Shepards turds left floating in space. There was no possible way to follow up an amazing TRILOGY like that. Look at Halo and Gears of War the stories ended after the Trilogies but gotta milk that titty! Im glad this happened im never gonna play this heap of garbage ill just have to stick with the PC versions with mods since they dont want to remaster the trilogy and take my money.
  • RemekiRemeki3,363,778
    Posted on 12 May 17 at 07:57, Edited on 12 May 17 at 07:59 by Remeki
    MugenKairo said:
    On a side note, do you have to play the MP to get 100% achievement completion?
    Technically yes, as you'll need to play the tutorial for mp for the Apex achievement, although that can be done by yourself very quickly. All the other mp achievements are like those from ME3 in that they can also be unlocked by fulfilling some criteria in single player.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads