Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox to Run Backwards Compatibility Super Sale Starting May 16th

AuthorMessage
NapalmNiko
NapalmNiko
Posted on 13 May 17 at 07:33
Oh yes my wallet is going to be empty for this month XD
Hirsute Dave
Hirsute Dave
Posted on 13 May 17 at 08:04
Rhyolitic said:
SprinkyDink said:
paintballgirl said:
I hope this ends up being as awesome as it sounds. I'll definitely grab anything that I currently own on disc if the price is low enough.
Why would you purchase another copy when you already have it on disc.
I do it occasionally. I like having the physical disc around so that I can install the game without having to download 40+ gb (which would take me almost a full day), but then I can play without needing the disc in the drive.
I've got the same problem. I prefer digital but my shitty internet speeds don't make it all that practical so I'll often grab a physical copy of really big titles (GTA V, Battlefield, etc.) and then buy a digital copy later on.
burgerboyrye
Posted on 13 May 17 at 08:06
Am trying to get all my favourite games on digital rather than disc now so fingers crossed they have fallout new Vegas, fallout 3 for cheap..... would also be nice to see mass effect 2&3 on sale if it's possible as I don't think they are currently available to buy from the market place
Princess Luna41
Posted on 13 May 17 at 08:11
So much for saving this week
TXsportsGamer83
Posted on 13 May 17 at 08:23
Put the dlc for CODBO1 on sale

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 13 May 17 at 08:39
Sh*t yes.
Will be there with bells on.
TitianDan
TitianDan
Posted on 13 May 17 at 09:08
Come on, discount dead space 2 and 3 and their dlcs smile
D Jones
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 13 May 17 at 09:12
burgerboyrye said:
Am trying to get all my favourite games on digital rather than disc now so fingers crossed they have fallout new Vegas, fallout 3 for cheap..... would also be nice to see mass effect 2&3 on sale if it's possible as I don't think they are currently available to buy from the market place
I wouldn't be surprised if they did get added and go on sale. Dead Space 2 and 3 were both added to the Marketplace when they went BC, but it was way after the Mass Effects were added to BC, so maybe it was before that standard of also being added to the Marketplace was set.
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 13 May 17 at 09:31, Edited on 13 May 17 at 09:33 by WhyattThrash
paintballgirl said:
SprinkyDink said:
paintballgirl said:
I hope this ends up being as awesome as it sounds. I'll definitely grab anything that I currently own on disc if the price is low enough.
...I'd much rather ditch the disc for digital. Moving a hard drive is easier than moving a stack of game cases....
You don't even need the hard drive. Want to play one of your games co-op at a friend's place? Log in with your profile and download. Since you can always download any game that you've bought, while you're not playing them they occupy no space.

I've gone completely digital with my purchases now, and love when 360 games become backwards compatible or games become GwG so I won't have to search for discs.
PathfinderJames
Posted on 13 May 17 at 09:54
A dlc sale would be incredible.
KwasimodoZA
KwasimodoZA
Posted on 13 May 17 at 10:22
I'm getting the feeling that an announcement for xbox 360's version of live being discontinued is around the corner and that only BC games will continue to be supported on live. Just a feeling. Effective 2018... possibly.
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 13 May 17 at 10:46
I have many games that are BC, hope to see some good sales!
Knoell
Knoell
Posted on 13 May 17 at 11:24
Nice! I was just looking at my digital library and wondering how many of my physical games aren't in there. If the price is right I will definitely buy the digital licenses.

Really wish microsoft wouldn't have appeased the whiners about online check ins and went 50/50 with registering your disc. I'd register my whole library to my console.
Knoell
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 13 May 17 at 12:21
I have been waiting FOREVER for Soul Calibur to go on sale. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the few games they DON'T put on sale next week. cry
This space for rent.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 13 May 17 at 12:49
KwasimodoZA said:
I'm getting the feeling that an announcement for xbox 360's version of live being discontinued is around the corner and that only BC games will continue to be supported on live. Just a feeling. Effective 2018... possibly.
They use the same network, so I don't see why they would do that. I still use my 360 almost as much as my One. I also don't think they'd want the bad PR while they're trying to turn this ship around
PathfinderJames
Posted on 13 May 17 at 13:19
clap
rascal1991
rascal1991
Posted on 13 May 17 at 13:27
Yet Alan wake will be gone the day before :(
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 13 May 17 at 13:50
Hirsute Dave said:
Rhyolitic said:
SprinkyDink said:
paintballgirl said:
I do it occasionally. I like having the physical disc around so that I can install the game without having to download 40+ gb (which would take me almost a full day), but then I can play without needing the disc in the drive.
I've got the same problem. I prefer digital but my shitty internet speeds don't make it all that practical so I'll often grab a physical copy of really big titles (GTA V, Battlefield, etc.) and then buy a digital copy later on.
It also happens when I buy a physical game on the cheap (used or clearanced at a store) and XBL or PSN puts the bundle of game + season pass for sale cheaper than the season pass itself. And since the passes themselves are trending towards never being on sale by themselves....
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 13 May 17 at 14:08
Neat! Glad to see them addressing their huge catalogue. Sure there will be some games for me.
War...war never changes.
Anima Pura
Anima Pura
Posted on 13 May 17 at 14:18
Good idea to bump the number of BC games sold with this sale. While I'm not really interested in any of them, I hope that I can find something I hadn't thought about in those 275 games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.