Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox to Run Backwards Compatibility Super Sale Starting May 16th

AuthorMessage
mosin360
mosin360
Posted on 13 May 17 at 14:41
I will have to take a look at the BC list to see if there is any titles that I'd want. Be nice to get some arcade games for a couple bucks.
Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
OleGunnar Booey
Posted on 13 May 17 at 14:45
I'm hoping they add a bunch of games to the BC list at the same time.

Also DLC sale would be great
xSTAGGERxLEEx
xSTAGGERxLEEx
Posted on 13 May 17 at 14:52
dual xbox boosting... yes!
Supervictor7095
Posted on 13 May 17 at 15:45
Hoping for borderlands 2 season pass. The weird thing that happened with me was when i played the first game on xbox one (i've won it through games with gold) and somehow i had all dlcs but i haven't bought none of themclap. Sadly it didn't happen with the second game.
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 13 May 17 at 15:56
Supervictor7095 said:
Hoping for borderlands 2 season pass. The weird thing that happened with me was when i played the first game on xbox one (i've won it through games with gold) and somehow i had all dlcs but i haven't bought none of themclap. Sadly it didn't happen with the second game.
BL2 Season pass was on sale a few weeks ago. I remember because I usually never buy DLC but I made an exception because Borderlands
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 13 May 17 at 16:12
Great! Another excuse to add to my backlog. redface
SuperTigerWoods
Posted on 13 May 17 at 21:47
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
Syberia 1 and 2 are looking interesting.
Syberia 1 was the only one made BC so far, if I'm not mistaken. I was kind of waiting on that one as well since 3 was coming out. (I ended up just firing up my 360 and knocking it out)

Well, here's to hoping toast
#AncoraUnPezzoDiMerda
gavmanwv3
gavmanwv3
Posted on 13 May 17 at 23:51
FYI, there are 373 BC games as of my post. So 73.7% of the games on the list will be on sale. Not bad odds if you ask me! smile

I am wishing for the following games to get on sale:

Astropop
Beat n' Groovy
Dirt Showdown
Discs of Tron
Dragon's Lair
Pac-Man Museum
R-Type Dimensions
SVC: Alex Kidd & Co.
SVC: Streets of Rage
Sonic The Fighters
Sonic 1

Sorry, I am on a classic game kick lately...! dance
Juicyjams
Juicyjams
Posted on 14 May 17 at 01:10
oh man, I really need a japanese, korean, uk, chinese etc tag to fully enjoy this sale lol!!!
Until I Collapse

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 14 May 17 at 08:33
Ugh, hmm buying some more games to my over 300 games backlog or paying of the mortgage on my house...it's so hard to decide cry xD
SantaUndercover
Posted on 14 May 17 at 14:44
DLC or RIOT!

But I expect just the usually sales and perhaps a bigger discount.
M$, feel free to proof me wrong :)
LordSuprachris
Posted on 14 May 17 at 14:59
I hope for a lot of XBLA and DLCs to go on sale...

Who said "keep hoping in vain, you'll be ending with the usual COD/GTA sales"? ^^
IAteA11ThePies
Posted on 14 May 17 at 15:13
Supervictor7095 said:
AFAIR...

BL1 had all the DLC bundled with it when DL'd as a BC game on the One, though the DLC is not free for regular gamers on a 360.

BL2/BL:TP-S [360 versions] do not however have any way to get the DLC for free because all the DLC is included in the Handsome Collection on the One.
Lazy with Style
Posted on 14 May 17 at 17:28, Edited on 15 May 17 at 05:48 by Lazy with Style
Damn, I just got some arcade games which are bc for the full price like Hardwood Backgammon, Hearts, Guardian Heroes and SEGA Bass Fishing roll. These games were never or rarely on sale. I wish I had waited a little longer but let's see what the current sale will offer us.
Stylish Laziness
Buttercup III
Buttercup III
Posted on 14 May 17 at 19:01
IAteA11ThePies said:
Supervictor7095 said:
AFAIR...

BL1 had all the DLC bundled with it when DL'd as a BC game on the One, though the DLC is not free for regular gamers on a 360.

BL2/BL:TP-S [360 versions] do not however have any way to get the DLC for free because all the DLC is included in the Handsome Collection on the One.
The Borderlands Triple Pack comes with all the DLC for all 3 games on discs and it's very cheap. I bought it for $30 last year, but it's down to $20 at Walmart now. $30 for a 6 disc set is a steal, let alone for 20
HateMe4141
HateMe4141
Posted on 14 May 17 at 19:56
So if Skate 3 has the servers shut down, will they be available again when it goes BC?
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 14 May 17 at 20:26
HateMe4141 said:
So if Skate 3 has the servers shut down, will they be available again when it goes BC?
It's already BC and they only get fixed if the developer decides to fix them. Unfortunately going BC doesn't fix broken achievements or servers
Scrapcan
Scrapcan
Posted on 14 May 17 at 20:36
Worth a look
Soon I will shed this skin, turn to the devil, then I'll never reminisce.
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 14 May 17 at 21:49
pezboyben said:
SprinkyDink said:
paintballgirl said:
I hope this ends up being as awesome as it sounds. I'll definitely grab anything that I currently own on disc if the price is low enough.
Why would you purchase another copy when you already have it on disc.
So you don't have to put in a disc.
Yea disc drives are the biggest failures on the new consoles plus its 2017 does anyone buy CD's? Makes no sense its a digital world.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 14 May 17 at 21:50
Just hope the sale is on 360 not handing my credit details to MS
Goggs25
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.