Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox to Run Backwards Compatibility Super Sale Starting May 16th

AuthorMessage
Redd Five
Redd Five
Posted on 14 May 17 at 22:24
My hopes and dreams:

Bullet Soul
Bullet Soul Infinite Burst
CRYSTAL DEFENDERS
DAYTONA USA
Gunstar Heroes
Hydro Thunder
QIX ++
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
Silent Hill: Downpour
Triggerheart Exelica
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 15 May 17 at 00:56
Goggs25 said:
Just hope the sale is on 360 not handing my credit details to MS
Little confused what do you mean?
x701xDrTran
x701xDrTran
Posted on 15 May 17 at 01:57
Just please don't instantly give away whatever I buy for free for Games with Gold.

That would be nice.
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 15 May 17 at 02:44
They could give us nothing. They DO NOT. Appreciate the BC and the sales when they are not repetitive. This sale will the pendultimane if they just "invite" us to kill the deals that will be delisted soon. Added bonus with this sale is that if things are delisted (and they will be to a certain extent) then it leave's the door open more many more BC stuff this is gonna be a win all around.
Knoell
Knoell
Posted on 15 May 17 at 03:37
sanityends said:
Goggs25 said:
Just hope the sale is on 360 not handing my credit details to MS
Little confused what do you mean?
I'm confused too. They must've had a bad experience or something. It shouldn't be a huge deal but I get the privacy people doing what they prefer. I disagree but to each their own.
Knoell
Equinox Blue
Equinox Blue
Posted on 15 May 17 at 04:56
Was Dead Space 2 and 3 on sale a couple of weeks ago? I know that they were released as BC. I'm really hoping they're in the sale this week because I'm keen to pick them up!
Tveilor
Tveilor
Posted on 15 May 17 at 05:12
Tempted, but I'm waiting for the Xbox Game Pass subscription.
Feel free to add me as a friend here on TA
FinderKeeper
FinderKeeper
Posted on 15 May 17 at 05:36
KJer25 said:
DLC too, please!!!
I don't see it this time cry but hopefully they do it next time around... next week would be nice.

Major Nelson lost the chance to call this the "Back-Pat" Sale. laugh
"That was such über-pwnage." --Kyle Broflovski
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 15 May 17 at 09:37
sanityends said:
pezboyben said:
SprinkyDink said:
paintballgirl said:
I hope this ends up being as awesome as it sounds. I'll definitely grab anything that I currently own on disc if the price is low enough.
Why would you purchase another copy when you already have it on disc.
So you don't have to put in a disc.
Yea disc drives are the biggest failures on the new consoles plus its 2017 does anyone buy CD's? Makes no sense its a digital world.
Because of Alan Wake to be Delisted on May 15th

You'd also better hope your account never gets stolen or banned if you go digital only or you'll be left with nothing. That's why I still buy physical anyway. Resale is also a benefit
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 15 May 17 at 09:41
I honestly see this as the end all to create more space for future BC stuff as licenses are running out publishers are not caring. A lot of these games you can (why the hell would anyone) but buy some DLC from a GameStop or something. I do really hope they include some bundles for people and I think they may do some. The last thing I want to hear and I know I am not alone is complaints about "OMG no DLC sales or even worse...WTF I have to buy the bundle to get DLC? But I already own the game....Listen cordially if you want a game you must order an upgraded copy don't ha e to pre-order. That is mostly skins and other irrelevant stuff that has driven the greed because people want shiny guns or something dumb like that. When the sale starts if you see something you want with DLC built into a package buy it and give the other copy away to someone that per say doesn't ha e a lot of money and their kids want to play some games when it rains outside. That's what I do. It's either that or get $.74 from GameStop. I know I'm rambling but if there is separate DLC or passes I'll be shocked if there is grab them NOW. In the meantime open you wallet (if it is a possibility) you will never see prices like this again lest even sales on these games again. I would imagine one would be able to pick up around 30-45 games for the same price as a new pre order season pass game that give you AGAIN like skins and irrelevant things like that. Just buy now fill your backlog and by the time you drudge through some of them your "must have" game will be half price. Winner winner chicken dinner. One last thought I would suggest picking up the earlier Saints Row games before they expire it has them going BC written all over it. Publisher says it's ok so I'd imagine they will go the course. Also remember to get the Alan Wake DLC today it is free unless you pre ordered Quantum Break and already have it but if not we are a community here and please tell a friend 🤗 Have a good one everybody and hopefully the "up to 75% off" means most games not 35% of them. They messed up the discounts so severely during the spring sale compared to last year I didn't spend a dollar and they realize this. So he is hoping they are trying to recoup lost revenue. End of thesis.
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 15 May 17 at 09:45
Tveilor said:
Tempted, but I'm waiting for the Xbox Game Pass subscription.
That pass for $10 US will be a steal when they finalize the library. If the sale is great this week then even still you are saving tons of cash even if you get 4 games for $10. It's a complete bargain just use the money you would have paid for the games in the library minus the monthly fee do the math see your savings and grab a 4TB external or maybe a 2 and you will still be way ahead of the game.
GremlinLord615
Posted on 15 May 17 at 11:10
Now if only the achievements would pop in my BC games on the One, then I would care. Hopefully they fix that sometime soon!
GremlinLord615-Always willing if you're nice.
VaSaMiAn
VaSaMiAn
Posted on 15 May 17 at 15:58
I hope for:

Blue Dragon
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II and III
GoW Butters
GoW Butters
Posted on 15 May 17 at 16:27
Hmm. Maybe fancy going through Red Dead another time..smile
I don't really know what I'm talking about.
FuzzedUpCookie
Posted on 15 May 17 at 20:50
paintballgirl said:
SprinkyDink said:
paintballgirl said:
I hope this ends up being as awesome as it sounds. I'll definitely grab anything that I currently own on disc if the price is low enough.
Because I have come to HATE physical copies of things. I have 700+ Xbox discs along with the physical games and stuff for systems going all the way back to Atari. If it's not a rare game or collector's edition, I'd much rather ditch the disc for digital. Moving a hard drive is easier than moving a stack of game cases.

Strykerz911 said:
SprinkyDink said:
paintballgirl said:
So you can double-box when boosting!
That too!
And could sell the disc if you want to save the physical room ;)
Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 15 May 17 at 21:38
I'm going to call this now but I doubt there will be much DLC! A sale like this may help to drive old DLC sales. You get the game cheap the add ons dont seem as bad. This is good for me as I rarely buy DLC :)
Too many Irons in the fire !
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.