Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Dreamfall Chapters Review

• KBop a dooKBop a doo415,467
    Posted on 15 May 17 at 23:13
    I'm awake! I'm dreaming. No. I'm awake. Screw it, I don't even remember anymore

Please click here to read the story: Dreamfall Chapters Review
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm652,917
    Posted on 16 May 17 at 01:36
    Thanks for a great review. This game is on my short list. I was even thinking of pre-ordering it but could not find a US physical version only a UK physical version. I'm still interested but think I'll wait and see if I can get it on sale.
  • KylKoKylKo1,874,779
    Posted on 16 May 17 at 02:19
    This game's prequel was the first video game to ever pull on my heartstrings (actually to the point of tears at its conclusion) and it still carries a hefty sentimental value for me over a decade later. That said, I was pleased to find Chapters a thoroughly satisfying successor as well as a highlight among episodic story games. I'm excited to pick it up on the One for my second playthrough. Thanks for the review!

And for the record, Kian came 3 years before Ezio and 1 year before Altair so who resembles who?
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0374,915
    Posted on 16 May 17 at 02:20
    Bought the whole series on GOG to support adventure games, though I'm still on the first game in the series. I'm glad that they've decided to port it to XBox One. From the review, it almost sounds like a TellTale game with a bigger budget and better engine, but with choices that matter...sounds good to me. toast
    Finally gaming on the One.
  • kintariskintaris333,768
    Posted on 16 May 17 at 07:36
    Thanks for the review. I've been fond of the series throughout though I would have to give each a similar score; they've always been a bit hit and miss on the gameplay yet saved by the story and lore building.

Good to know that this works on its own, though I will still revisit the first two games on PC first to refresh my memory.
  • AlahertAlahert2,892,777
    Posted on 16 May 17 at 13:36, Edited on 16 May 17 at 13:36 by Alahert
    I need to play the first ones!
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7556,686
    Posted on 19 May 17 at 00:05, Edited on 19 May 17 at 00:05 by Dresden N7
    I agree about the well-written dialogue... until Episode 5. So much exposition and info dumps clumsily piled on top of each other. Still, a must play for those who played The Longest Journey and Dreamfall.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads