Game Discussion: Tales from the Borderlands (Xbox 360)

Retail disc, xbox 360 E problems

• MikeButMikeBut1,438,987
    Posted on 17 May 17 at 07:27, Edited on 17 May 17 at 07:40 by MikeBut
    This game is unplayable, but the disc is perfect. Is it the xbox?

Depending on what storage I use, the (4gb with the console seems to allow it to play the best), it still takes around 5-10 minutes to load into a chapter. It constantly stutters and often freezes.

I'm not sure what is wrong and I can't really test it on another xbox. I have played many games on this xbox and none have had this problem.
  • NeumansNeumans994,739
    Posted on 17 May 17 at 14:34
    I take it that it can be installed then. I know the retail versions of some of the older telltale games cant be installed and get lagged to hell trying to play them, but since I couldnt find a physical, i got the digital verison when it was on sale, that version worked lag free on the 360 E
  • MikeButMikeBut1,438,987
    Posted on 17 May 17 at 22:13, Edited on 17 May 17 at 22:45 by MikeBut
    Unfortunately it can't be installed. And I played the digital version of the first episode on this xbox and it worked fine, I forgot to mention that.
  • Posted on 07 January 19 at 02:13
    I have a 500GB 360 E with barely anything on the hard drive and it still barely works. I’m just gonna give up and buy the DLC digitally angry
  • GraymawrGraymawr327,936
    Posted on 09 August 20 at 10:55, Edited on 01 August 21 at 16:19 by Graymawr
    I just bought a sealed copy if this game and started playing it yesterday. I am playing on an original pro model of the Xbox 360 and I constantly get freezes during action cinematics or right after quick time events for an action sequence. I am currently doing the game saves on the cloud. There are no scratches on the disc. Can anyone help?
  • Corwin613Corwin6131,529,806
    Posted on 02 January 21 at 19:38
    I've managed to get to episode 4 without much problems with the disc but now the audio and video are desynced and it freezes up a few minutes into the episode.....
  • GraymawrGraymawr327,936
    Posted on 29 January 21 at 00:16, Edited on 29 January 21 at 04:16 by Graymawr
    I just completed it. My game was really really stuck at Chapter 2 of Episode One. But kept trying and finally got a good read. From there usual long loading times and lag but playable and enjoyable. Like Corwin said, by episode 4 got audio and video desynching. But I would quit the game or take the disc out and back in until I got a good read.

Put the game save on my hard drive and not the cloud.

Cleaned the eye if my laser last year that helped a lot with reading.

My advice is to just keep trying.
    Strict Available Times: 10ish PM - 1 AM EST, United States
  • MeetTheCynicMeetTheCynic536,875
    Posted on 03 March 21 at 22:36
    I believe this is a problem with Telltale’s Xbox 360 physical versions of their games.

Wolf Among Us for the 360 has very similar issues to what you described. It seems to just be a problem with this version of the game and I don’t think there’s anything you can really do to improve it, just keep trying to force your way through laugh
  • No Bad GamesNo Bad Games407,418
    Posted on 09 August 21 at 16:05, Edited on 11 August 21 at 19:45 by No Bad Games
    No freezes or lag for me on episode 1 but I am using a freshly updated 360 slim 4gb and an empty 250gb hard drive, the wolf among us had bad lag issues on my full hard drive and other slim. Having an empty hdd definitely helps the 360 run better and load much faster in general, I've had a few weird texture bugs throughout though.

Episode 2-3 I had audio sync issues in the intros with Marcus talking and a momentary stutter when the game would save but no fps drops.

So far Episode 4 has been the worst as far as audio/lip sync issues, the opening sequence had a few lag spikes and stupid long load times as well as frequent audio cut outs and overlaps. From ep.3 onwards the loading times seemed to have increased in general, having saves may slow the game down.

The game seems to run better when not using a previous save/choices, after the opening it has gone back to normal. Episode 5 had some issues from ep.4 but didn't last long.

Overall not a bad experience tbh.
    Bears, Beats, Battlestar Galactica.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads