Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three Steins;Gate Titles Are Now Backwards Compatible

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic619,690
  • guffnutsguffnuts761,167
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 16:45
    They should immediately be added to the BC Super Sale!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 May 17 at 16:49
    That sucks. Hope they put it on multiple different stores
  • LeChuck666LeChuck666239,546
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 16:50
    Time to scour eBay!
  • PuRe PretzelPuRe Pretzel579,699
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 16:59
    Just bought the first 2 on ebay for $20. I feel like the price will rise by a lot in a few hours.
    twitter.com/jay_smith
  • pezboybenpezboyben790,360
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 17:05
    I wish they would make the backwards compatible titles easier to buy.
  • JappeJappe939,682
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 17:14
    pezboyben said:
    Microsoft is not going to do anything about that. If a game is restricted to a certain region there are laws they need to follow. Of course that doesn't stop the customers (us gamers) changing the region of the console and buying gift cards for the desired region.

You CAN buy gift cards straight from Microsoft's own website for different regions and they accept payment cards from anywhere (at least from Finland). I actually don't even have a credit card but a debit card which every person should have. That should work if you have enabled online payments for the card (I can do that myself from my banks website).
  • mcsteel31mcsteel311,277,002
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 17:44, Edited on 18 May 17 at 17:44 by mcsteel31
    wont they be region locked like the other one jap one that went bc a while back forgot which one it was though.
  • Posted on 18 May 17 at 18:14
    These are visual novels correct?
  • Oriole2682Oriole26823,215,435
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 18:17, Edited on 18 May 17 at 18:19 by Oriole2682
    pezboyben said:
    Unless you don't shop online they are SUPER EASY to buy...ebay, amazon, solarisjapan all have them for very cheap. If you are using solaris use couponcode Handydarkness for 5% off...they are the best as far as shipping speed and tracking goes...expect a month if you are buying from a non-US ebay or amazon seller.

EDIT: There is no region lock on the One except for China (you might have to go into settings and change region to Japan but everything will still be in english menu wise)
    Yes they are Visual Novels
  • ILethalStangILethalStang440,481
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 18:24
    You don't need to change your region on x1 cause it's region free. I can play gears of war 2 Japan on x1 on US region.
  • Posted on 18 May 17 at 18:36
    1. Do they have English subtitles?
    2. Can they be played on the Xbox One in the US?
    3. Can they be purchased for download in the US through either the Xbox One store or the xbox website?
  • MaesenkoMaesenko314,229
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 18:47
    Awesome, always wanted to play the Steins;Gate games, now it'll be a lot easier!
    "I dig my hole, you build a wall..."
  • JoaoToxicJoaoToxic462,962
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 18:50
    I want to see Mafia II, L.A. Noire, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Max Payne 3 on backward compatibility.
  • TheBuddha336TheBuddha3361,141,385
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 18:52
    Steins;Gate Achievements has DLC.. you will need a jap account with jap currency to purchase the DLC if you care about completing the game

or a friend who has a jap account he/she wil lend you
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 May 17 at 18:55
    Epsilon Factor said:
    3. Can they be purchased for download in the US through either the Xbox One store or the xbox website?
    1. No
    2. Yes, region free like any game other than certain CN titles
    3. No, not without a Japanese account with the appropriate amount of Yen.
  • Posted on 18 May 17 at 18:57
    mcsteel31 said:
    wont they be region locked like the other one jap one that went bc a while back forgot which one it was though.
    Nothing on Xbox One is region locked aside from Chinese games. Any imported game (even imported Xbox 360 games, so long as they are BC) will play on any Xbox One.

Epsilon Factor said:
    1. No, but there are walkthroughs for what to choose to get all achievements.
    2. Yes.
    3. No. You would have to create a fake profile in the Japanese region on your Xbox 360, add Japanese currency, buy them, then download them on that profile on your Xbox One, switch to your main profile to play them. Step 1 is against Microsoft TOS, so do that at your own risk.
  • mcsteel31mcsteel311,277,002
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 19:02
    ok thanks
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,314
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 19:09, Edited on 18 May 17 at 19:10 by Allgorhythm
    Epsilon Factor said:
    No, yes*, and no.

*If you 'own' the JP 360 version(s) on your GamerTag; then, because the X1 is region free, you can play the BC game(s) on your US X1.

PlayAsia's price is about the same as Amazon.co.jp's so it's a good buy. You'll want the Platinum Collection so you'll get the DLC:
    http://www.play-asia.com/steinsgate-platinum-collection/13/7...

PlayAsia sells the other two games as well for reasonable prices. However, whereas I consider Steins;Gate to be the best visual novel on the X1, the other two games are just ordinary. If you're just interested in fast forwarding through the games to get the achievements, unless you have money to burn, you're paying a very steep price when your money could be spent on a game that you take the time to enjoy.
  • IXI FalcoNIXI FalcoN1,562,478
    Posted on 18 May 17 at 19:25
    For the first game's DLC, look for the Platinum Hits version. It's included on the disc.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.