Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three Steins;Gate Titles Are Now Backwards Compatible

  • MagicalChildMagicalChild859,102
    Posted on 19 May 17 at 15:55
    Allgorhythm said:
    A few years later, I wanted to play a number of games on my TA GamerTag--this one. I had replaced the JP 360 that I had used in my initial purchase of the DLC. So, to play DLC on a different GamerTag, I had to buy it again on a new console. Had I kept the old JP 360 console, where I first downloaded the DLC, I could have signed on with a US region GamerTag and played most of the games and DLC. There are some exceptions--FF XIII-2 requires you to be signed on to play or use DLC with an account of the same region as the DLC.
    You didn't have to buy it again on the new console at all. Sign the JP tag used to purchase the content in on the new console, transfer the licenses to it, re-download DLC, enjoy with any gamertag signed in.

    Guess it's too late now, but anyways, that's how it works.
    I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!
  • Oriole2682Oriole26823,220,450
    Posted on 19 May 17 at 19:31
    Also you could've just left the JP tag signed in on a 2nd controller and dled the DLC and loaded up the game and played it but ya too late lol.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,497
    Posted on 19 May 17 at 20:36
    MagicalChild said:
    You didn't have to buy it again on the new console at all. Sign the JP tag used to purchase the content in on the new console, transfer the licenses to it, re-download DLC, enjoy with any gamertag signed in.

    Guess it's too late now, but anyways, that's how it works.
    This was not the only JP game I was playing. I'm not sure about the DLC but I do know that I could not play the digital games I had downloaded on the second console without repurchasing them. In other words, JP GamerTag buys a digital game. Any GamerTag can play the game on the first console to which it is downloaded. The hard drive on the first console crashed so I bought a new JP console. JP GamerTag redownloaded all purchased content without problem. However, only JP GamerTag could play those games.

    I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure I tried to play some of JP GamerTag's DLC with this GamerTag on the second console and it did not work.
  • XxFrAsZeRxXXxFrAsZeRxX1,378,052
    Posted on 19 May 17 at 21:55
    TheBuddha336 said:
    Steins;Gate Achievements has DLC.. you will need a jap account with jap currency to purchase the DLC if you care about completing the game

    or a friend who has a jap account he/she wil lend you
    You don't even need Japanese Yen. If you have PayPal, just make an account with a Japanese address and link your PayPal account to it.
  • MagicalChildMagicalChild859,102
    Posted on 19 May 17 at 22:37
    Allgorhythm said:
    MagicalChild said:
    You didn't have to buy it again on the new console at all. Sign the JP tag used to purchase the content in on the new console, transfer the licenses to it, re-download DLC, enjoy with any gamertag signed in.

    Guess it's too late now, but anyways, that's how it works.
    This was not the only JP game I was playing. I'm not sure about the DLC but I do know that I could not play the digital games I had downloaded on the second console without repurchasing them. In other words, JP GamerTag buys a digital game. Any GamerTag can play the game on the first console to which it is downloaded. The hard drive on the first console crashed so I bought a new JP console. JP GamerTag redownloaded all purchased content without problem. However, only JP GamerTag could play those games.

    I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure I tried to play some of JP GamerTag's DLC with this GamerTag on the second console and it did not work.
    Yeah, like I said you have to transfer the licenses to your new console first. There's an option for that in account settings. Once you've done that, all your purchases will be handled as if they had been bought on that console.
    I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!
  • Kikoo123Kikoo123490,380
    Posted on 20 May 17 at 04:29
    Smart me predicted it would become bc and bought it months ago, now I can get that gamerscore.
  • Kikoo123Kikoo123490,380
    Posted on 20 May 17 at 05:31
    Can someone please link me to a guide I cannot find one for 360 :/
  • Posted on 20 May 17 at 05:37
    Xbox achievements.org has them if not available on this site. They are made by sangriaz and they are good.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,497
    Posted on 20 May 17 at 10:30
    MagicalChild said:
    Yeah, like I said you have to transfer the licenses to your new console first. There's an option for that in account settings. Once you've done that, all your purchases will be handled as if they had been bought on that console.
    That's good to know. I haven't changed regions in a while. Currently, I've been playing NA games on this GamerTag and JP games on one of my JP GamerTags. I've stopped playing Visual Novels on this GamerTag because I want to keep my TA ratio above 1.5. Since Visual Novels have TA ratios close to 1 because most people just fast forward through them, they drag down my TA ratio.
  • Kikoo123Kikoo123490,380
    Posted on 20 May 17 at 23:32
    Living Legends said:
    Xbox achievements.org has them if not available on this site. They are made by sangriaz and they are good.
    Could you please send me the link I can't find a guide on xboxachievements or the guide made by sangriaz.
  • Kikoo123Kikoo123490,380
  • Kikoo123Kikoo123490,380
    Posted on 21 May 17 at 03:19
    fuck I'm retarded legend*
  • Kikoo123Kikoo123490,380
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 02:00
    Just wondering how does one buy the dlc for this digitally? I have a JP profile, do i just add a jp gift card on it go to the jp xbox store on the computer and bu it from there? Then download it on the one?
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,497
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 12:41
    Kikoo123 said:
    Just wondering how does one buy the dlc for this digitally? I have a JP profile, do i just add a jp gift card on it go to the jp xbox store on the computer and bu it from there? Then download it on the one?
    Yes. (I assume you own the base game). You can buy the game using your JP profile on either the computer or the XBox 360. Once you own the game with your JP profile, you can sign on to your X1 with that profile. The base game and the DLC will be ready to install. Install them and, later, you will be able to play them with your AU profile.
  • Kikoo123Kikoo123490,380
    Posted on 23 May 17 at 02:31, Edited on 23 May 17 at 02:32 by Kikoo123
    Allgorhythm said:
    Kikoo123 said:
    Just wondering how does one buy the dlc for this digitally? I have a JP profile, do i just add a jp gift card on it go to the jp xbox store on the computer and bu it from there? Then download it on the one?
    Yes. (I assume you own the base game). You can buy the game using your JP profile on either the computer or the XBox 360. Once you own the game with your JP profile, you can sign on to your X1 with that profile. The base game and the DLC will be ready to install. Install them and, later, you will be able to play them with your AU profile.
    Thanks man I'll give it a try when I'm free.
  • Jasecw2Jasecw2381,438
    Posted on 23 May 17 at 20:35
    Proscaline said:
    Oriole2682 said:
    Jasecw2 said:
    bought Steins Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling Xbox 360 on ebay for $18.50 from a us seller so it should be here in 3-5 days
    Smart move, all non-JP speakers should play this one first as the other two while simple if you've played this one first are impossible if you haven't. This is based on the guides on XBA...if there are new walkthroughs on TA disregard my statement.
    Good advice. Although they aren't 'impossible' if you haven't, there is definitely a learning curve and very little room for error. I think I had to replay the first game 2 or 3 times due to my screw ups. Just make sure you follow Sangriaz guide to the T, and also read the forum posts on x360a if you want to save time and headaches.
    received game Yesterday and started it today. I know I messed up most likely on Second playthrough and have only unlocked 16 achievements. The Guide on XBA isn't that easy to understand glad I only paid $18 for this and didn't buy the other two.
  • Oriole2682Oriole26823,220,450
    Posted on 23 May 17 at 20:42
    Like I said once you understand the game mechanics by playing that one, the other two you can do easily, they don't even have guides...just keep at it you'll get it...you can just keep replaying chapters till you get the 100%, it all has to do with clicking all the blue hyperlinks
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,497
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 02:08
    Jasecw2 said:
    received game Yesterday and started it today. I know I messed up most likely on Second playthrough and have only unlocked 16 achievements. The Guide on XBA isn't that easy to understand glad I only paid $18 for this and didn't buy the other two.
    I was going to write a TA walkthrough. I was going to put enough detail so the game would be enriching to non-Japanese speakers including translations of key decision points. Unfortunately, TA guides do not support Unicode. The best way of identifying what text to click on is to display the text. However, because TA guides do not support Unicode, you can't display the required Japanese text. I could do it with screen captures but I thought that was too clumsy.

    If you're so inclined, you might be interested in voting for this site improvement.

    Unicode in User-Submitted fields
  • SnipedByAGir1SnipedByAGir12,371,386
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 21:10
    Ugh I am trying to follow Sangriaz's guide from xbox 360a for Steins;Gate: Hiyoku Renri no Darling. I for the life of me can not figure it out. Right from the get go it seems like playthrough 1 instructions are not correct. If anyone can help me out please PM me.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.