Game Discussion: Lies of Astaroth Forum

too difficult for beginner. Can you give me some tips?

AuthorMessage
Selju
Selju
Posted on 19 May 17 at 00:37, Edited on 20 May 17 at 01:07 by Selju
I started a few days ago and enter 8 zone/torment 2 zone with my 3* deck.

By the way, CPU used a lot of 4* 5*cards.

I can't seem to go ahead with my deck anymore and not easy to get a 4*5* card.

My deck and rune list

Battle dancer lv.10
Battle dancer lv.7
Valkyrie lv.10
Elf wizard lv.10
Black widow lv.10
Chief gorloc lv.10

Thunderstorm and thunderbolt
Matt DB87
Matt DB87
Posted on 19 May 17 at 01:22
You should probably 3 star all maps before activating Torment mode. By then you will have the deck/level needed to beat the early torment maps.
https://www.paypal.me/mattdb87
xONLY INHUMANx
Posted on 19 May 17 at 09:16
getting 4/5 star cards are easy to come by.

there's other post on TA that can help you, you should really have a look through them before asking for me help. In the end, it's the same shit repeated.
Nyte Rayne 2
Nyte Rayne 2
Posted on 19 May 17 at 13:54
Like Matt said, don't worry about torment maps. Try to 3* all the normal maps that you can. Since you no longer have to spend energy to run the maps, you will advance much quicker than we did in the beginning, which will lead you to hitting a wall (as you found out). Torment maps were added fairly recently, so don't be in a hurry to get them.

Save your resources. Don't spend magic tickets/crystals unless there is an event going on. I personally have never seen anyone get an event drop card in under 30 magic tickets and I once spent 65 on one event without getting the drop.

Crystals can either be used during events to try for extra cards or use them for daily packs. There is a thread here that talks about what is in each pack. I can only imagine if I had gotten a Meteor Mage in my first couple weeks of playing.

You will get a benefit from running towers. Also, depending on your gold reserves, don't forget to get new runes. Getting a Thundershield/Permafrost/Lore might cost a million or two gold (or more, depending on luck), but it can really help if you are running the right race for those runes. Also, pay attention to the runes you are using. I was using a rune for a couple of months that required Kingdom cards to trigger (I think)...nice card except for the fact that I was running a Hell deck. I simply didn't pay enough attention to notice that it never triggered.

Just be patient and make sure you at least check in to see if any events are going on. I missed a few last year that I am kicking myself for (Santa/Easter Bunny in particular).

Good luck.
MemoriesOfFinal
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 20 May 17 at 00:27
Nyte Rayne 2 said:
Like Matt said, don't worry about torment maps. Try to 3* all the normal maps that you can. Since you no longer have to spend energy to run the maps, you will advance much quicker than we did in the beginning, which will lead you to hitting a wall (as you found out). Torment maps were added fairly recently, so don't be in a hurry to get them.
The first few torment maps should be very simple to most players and is an early way to get access to 4* cards and 5* scraps if they go far enough.
Selju
Selju
Posted on 20 May 17 at 01:07, Edited on 20 May 17 at 01:11 by Selju
Thank you all for your tips.

I've also seen other TA posts, but I thought they would help after a little stronger card. because post writers have a number of 4* and one or more 5*cards. but my best deck consists of only 3* cards. X(
RadicalSniper99
Posted on 20 May 17 at 01:25
Selju said:

I've also seen other TA posts, but I thought they would help after a little stronger card. because post writers have a number of 4* and one or more 5*cards. but my best deck consists of only 3* cards. X(
It's going to be a long haul. Most of the people here have been with the game for about 9 months now. We still improve little bits and unlock more stuff daily. You'll get there if you just keep with it.
MemoriesOfFinal
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 20 May 17 at 01:34
Selju said:

one of the biggest things for a new player to do is to login every day for rewards, especially tuesday, wednesday,, saturday, and sunday for crystals.

running towers will also help with getting some cards for your card pool, if you find a good random card.
Dubs187
Dubs187
Posted on 20 May 17 at 12:34
Selju said:
I started a few days ago and enter 8 zone/torment 2 zone with my 3* deck.

By the way, CPU used a lot of 4* 5*cards.

I can't seem to go ahead with my deck anymore and not easy to get a 4*5* card.

My deck and rune list

Battle dancer lv.10
Battle dancer lv.7
Valkyrie lv.10
Elf wizard lv.10
Black widow lv.10
Chief gorloc lv.10

Thunderstorm and thunderbolt
if u just started afew days ago the only advice is just do your towers and explore to level up and get resources. dowhat ucan in dungeon the scraps will add up eventually. im no expert but i would save my materials and crystals to a nice stockpile and then when u trade in magic tickets u might get lucky and get a 4 or 5 star that u can level up and have immediate results with. u have twice as many level 10 3 stars than me. i had a bunch of level 5s iwas to cheap toget them to 10 except 2. i remember using knight 5 electra eel 5 charltan 5 elf wizard 5 black widow 10 griffn 5 nightmare 10 mariner 5 obsidian 5 elf priest 5.
HabitualNewt
HabitualNewt
Posted on 20 May 17 at 13:19
Another great way to grab crystals...monthly card enhanced to lvls 5, 10 and 15. (Costs gold and usage of cards, lvl 15 you need to evolve first).

Theyll be an event (im sure) to grab this card if you havnt logged in 20 times this month.

Card changes monthly. So just basically log in daily, and youll grab a new card...and free crystals if you choose to enhance.
YNWA
JCDRANZER
JCDRANZER
Posted on 21 May 17 at 15:12, Edited on 21 May 17 at 15:14 by JCDRANZER
I wish more people will play this game, I really want some TA ratio increase.

My only advice to new players of LoA is that in order to catch up in any capacity is to play the game everyday and using as much as energy as you can throughout the day.
Matt DB87
Matt DB87
Posted on 21 May 17 at 15:22
10k-11k TA is not enough for you? lol
https://www.paypal.me/mattdb87
Nyte Rayne 2
Nyte Rayne 2
Posted on 24 May 17 at 15:08
JCDRANZER said:

My only advice to new players of LoA is that in order to catch up in any capacity is to play the game everyday and using as much as energy as you can throughout the day.
I could add all 19 alt accounts I had to make to get the MM recently. They all have 3 achievements each. laugh
Dalimbak
Dalimbak
Posted on 04 June 17 at 10:04, Edited on 04 June 17 at 10:42 by Dalimbak
Random question thrown out there.

What 1*/2*/3* cards if any, are worth upgrading to level 20?
For the purpose that some levels require them in your deck and wanting ease of passage

One example being lvl 13-12-3
Dalimbak
Dalimbak
Posted on 04 June 17 at 10:48
JCDRANZER said:

158 people have the card superior achievement in nearly 10 months. I'm pretty sure your wish will be granted when card expert gets unlocked and at your percentage, looks like you'll be in the list.
Dubs187
Dubs187
Posted on 04 June 17 at 11:18
Dalimbak said:

For the purpose that some levels require them in your deck and wanting ease of passage

i have a 3 star level15 frost treant i use in my thief deck and for chest opener i think dark elf isnt to bad either although i dont have one upgraded. 1 star goblin zapper level 10 can trap 1card stun 3 cards, and 2 star faun warrior level 5 can trap 1 card, those r the ones i use when u need 1 2 or 3 star cards.
HabitualNewt
HabitualNewt
Posted on 04 June 17 at 13:36
I have 0 lvl 1/2* cards above lvl 1, yet can (eventually) beat chest requirements...cant remember many early map requirements tho.

3* (above card) i have a Black Widow sitting at 20. Was a quick easy card to shuffle 10x for an achievement for me. Not a bad one too.
YNWA
MemoriesOfFinal
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 04 June 17 at 15:39
Dalimbak said:

2* Shieldman and 3* Evil Djinn, for Demon Invasions. I'm a cheapass and leave them at level 15 though.
3* Frost Treants are good for Thieves. I'm still a cheapass and left them at level 15 too.

Most requirement based levels/chests that require 1-3 star cards, I just use whatever I have laying around and match them to my runes. I expect them to die horribly no matter how augmented they are, so no real point to upgrading them.
Dalimbak
Dalimbak
Posted on 05 June 17 at 11:19
Many thanks for your responses
Mr Rodster
Mr Rodster
Posted on 06 June 17 at 17:51
One minor addendum: For those chest requirements I usually throw in a card that has some form of healing. My favorite one-star is Flower Fairy, which does a wee bit of healing and may even get missed by the OP dungeon decks. Every little bit helps...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.