Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Shadow Warrior 2 Review

• EurydaceEurydace652,868
  • Posted on 22 May 17 at 00:20
    POGCHAMP, spent a lot this month already, waiting June to buy this gem xD
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,054,167
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 15:36
    This looked good for a co-op romp. until you got to the paragraph where progress is host only...a real shame.
    Legohead 1977
  • AlahertAlahert2,612,538
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 15:40
    Luckly it's half price, need to get this ASAP!
  • UnrehearsedUnrehearsed1,031,415
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 15:56
    i knew it from what I read about the pc release, but this further clarifies that this is everything I didn't wanted from a squel to the best of the modern retro fps games. If I want to play Borderlands I can always go back to that.
  • BLAZE VIIBLAZE VII440,808
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 16:08
    Man the game gets a full 5/5 from me after my first playthrough. This is what you call a actual FPS nowadays not some trash simulation like Prey. Shadow Warrior 2 was for me a mix of:

- Dead Island (mechanics)
    - Deadpool (humor)
    - Doom (monsters)
    - Deus Ex (leveldesign)

Definitely a MUST BUY don't let you tell otherwise!
    "A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
  • Posted on 22 May 17 at 16:10
    Unrehearsed said:
    i knew it from what I read about the pc release, but this further clarifies that this is everything I didn't wanted from a squel to the best of the modern retro fps games. If I want to play Borderlands I can always go back to that.
    It doesn't feel half as bad as Borderlands to me, due to the decreased drops of weapons I honestly only used the same 4 swords for my whole hardest difficulty playthrough. Their is no rarity or tiers of weapons so most are similar power but different feeling, e.g. claws instead of swords or machine guns as opposed to revolvers.
  • PrisPris2,114,426
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 16:26
    I loved the first so this is on my wishlist. Looks an improvement on the first aswell
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 16:35
    John Connor M said:
    Unrehearsed said:
    It doesn't feel half as bad as Borderlands to me, due to the decreased drops of weapons I honestly only used the same 4 swords for my whole hardest difficulty playthrough. Their is no rarity or tiers of weapons so most are similar power but different feeling, e.g. claws instead of swords or machine guns as opposed to revolvers.
    Yup I agree with this. I think Borderlands is a terrible game. Shadow Warrior 2 remedies a lot of the things that it does wrong.
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 16:36
    Legohead 1977 said:
    This looked good for a co-op romp. until you got to the paragraph where progress is host only...a real shame.
    Like I said in the review, it really isn't as bad as it seems. I was upset at first but it's super quick to replay (after all, the game is designed with intent that you will replay) so it doesn't really matter.
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 16:44
    Eurydace said:
    John Connor M said:
    Unrehearsed said:
    Yup I agree with this. I think Borderlands is a terrible game. Shadow Warrior 2 remedies a lot of the things that it does wrong.
    That makes it sound better. How bad is procedural level generation?
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 16:49
    Not bad. You can't tell really. The levels feel properly designed thanks to the movement. It's kind of exactly like Diablo 3 in terms of procedural except you don't wander around aimlessly - there's always a quest marker and suggested path.

If I didn't know it was procedurally generated, I would have believed you had you said it wasn't.
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 16:59
    Thank you, I was really disappointed because I liked the first so much. Now I just have to grab a dollar code off a shady website, as it's not released over here.
  • RicKuRuKuSRicKuRuKuS184,258
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 17:07
    Dang. I never played the first but have always wanted to, gonna have to pick this up and give it a whirl!
  • Posted on 22 May 17 at 20:15
    you forgot to add to the negative side "waiting for Eury to pick up the quest objective"
    Bvn
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 20:26
    BaronVoNewman said:
    you forgot to add to the negative side "waiting for Eury to pick up the quest objective"
    I guess you had a different experience than me laugh
  • Bar6arianBar6arian552,746
    Posted on 22 May 17 at 22:15
    I'm thoroughly enjoying this game so far. Big improvements from the first and that was fun. I did get the clipping, stuttering also and that was frustrating but quitting out to the main menu seem to fix it. Checkpoints are favorable so you lose little to nothing but I do hope this gets fixed.
  • RDSRDS437,971
    Posted on 23 May 17 at 02:01
    Eurydace said:
    BaronVoNewman said:
    Snooping as usual, I see?
  • Posted on 23 May 17 at 08:25
    RedDragonSwords said:
    Eurydace said:
    BaronVoNewman said:
    Snooping as usual, I see?
    I second Baron's thoughts and raise you a quote pyramid
  • quorumzquorumz366,678
    Posted on 23 May 17 at 08:56
    Can I savely start a New Game, use the existing save game and keep my player level, loot, weapons etc?
    I am playing on normal but when I join friends on EASY it looks like it remembers my character is still on normal....(and its a waste of my karma)
    Quorumz
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads