The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 23rd, 2017

AuthorMessage
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 23 May 17 at 02:37
Mafia III Deluxe Edition looks like a good deal. Not only does it include the Faster, Baby! for Mafia III DLC as stated but the entire season pass--a 29.99 USD value. In other words, the discounted deluxe version is being sold for the price of a season pass plus a penny.
Bhikku
Bhikku
Posted on 23 May 17 at 02:40
Is mafia 3 worth it for that price? It got pretty slaughtered by reviews at launch
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 23 May 17 at 02:50
Bhikku said:
Is mafia 3 worth it for that price? It got pretty slaughtered by reviews at launch
I think Mafia III is a great game. It went through a period where about half a dozen achievements were glitched and, from my perspective, that's the biggest con of the game. It's got a great story and the soundtrack is phenomenal. There are some great collectibles but, unlike most games of the type, there are no achievements related to picking them up. So you are free to pick them up or ignore them as you see fit.

Bottom Line is 30 USD for the Deluxe Edition is a great bargain.
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 23 May 17 at 02:50
I haven't finished it, but so far, "In Between" is for sure worth the sale price!! Cool puzzler with a heartbreaking story!!
MisterRareSteak
Posted on 23 May 17 at 02:51
RewardingBeers said:
Eurydace said:
RewardingBeers said:
So Rise of the Tomb Raider is $20, and the season pass is $7.50. The 20 year celebration is $35 and has the same stuff as the season pass with the base game included? That's a $7.50 difference. Am I missing something?
You're missing nothing.
Thanks for the confirmation. Separate purchases it is then!
In Australian dollars the price difference is even more extreme. $70 for the 20 year Edition, or $25 + $10 for the Base Game + Season Pass. $35 difference. Go figure!
acedawg4
acedawg4
Posted on 23 May 17 at 03:27
Glad this sale is CRAP....still recovering from last week!!!!
IronFistofSnuff
Posted on 23 May 17 at 03:35
Powerstar Golf full game unlock is also on sale ;) I'm tempted on it, as well as In Between.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 23 May 17 at 04:05
Some day Gears 4 and ReCore will drop brow the $30 and $20 price points respectively, and on that day I will buy them.
inc7007
inc7007
Posted on 23 May 17 at 04:20
I think $5/£4 is a good price for the NASCAR Forza Motorsport 6 Exp.
Proud Dad MCAL
Posted on 23 May 17 at 04:24
I don't know now if it's just me... But this is a damn good sale for some good AAA games!!!
Death Punch KO
Posted on 23 May 17 at 04:33
Scooped up that Forza Motorsport 6 Nascar Expansion. 75% off is perfect for a scrooge like me!
Kenzibit
Kenzibit
Posted on 23 May 17 at 05:09
Do both Ori and the blind forest achievements come separately? I mean do I get 2250 Gamerscore with that purchase?
Research and Games :)
Simm
Simm
Posted on 23 May 17 at 05:33
Hmm.. Recore or Titanfall 2? That is the question.
x DiS7uRbeD
x DiS7uRbeD
Posted on 23 May 17 at 05:38
So you guys think that if i buy the Ori and te blind forest bundle i get to own and download both versions of the game? Does that mean i have two "different" games to complete? That would be so cool considering the discounted prize!
Cornerscout
Cornerscout
Posted on 23 May 17 at 05:46
Two easy completions for cheap (LA Cops and Grand Prix Rock 'N Racing) and I'm out of money! angry

Oh well, I guess my backlog is long enough already. cry
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 23 May 17 at 06:11
Terrin said:
EarthboundX said:
Is Sheltered a finished game now? Been keeping my eye on it, but it was in early access at first.
Sheltered is a finished game, it is out of preview and is completed
Awesome, thanks!
MetabolicFlames
Posted on 23 May 17 at 06:23, Edited on 23 May 17 at 06:27 by MetabolicFlames
Woody Piddle said:
Just for people who are unaware also ori definitive edition is free right now if you own the original until the 22nd if you never did the $5 upgrade
Not for me it isn't.

Just seen you said until 22nd...even though you posted 2am on the 23rd. Lol
Most people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but if you push them down the stairs it brings a smile to your face!
Brad Pitt
Brad Pitt
Posted on 23 May 17 at 06:27
Kenzibit said:
Do both Ori and the blind forest achievements come separately? I mean do I get 2250 Gamerscore with that purchase?
x DiS7uRbeD said:
So you guys think that if i buy the Ori and te blind forest bundle i get to own and download both versions of the game? Does that mean i have two "different" games to complete? That would be so cool considering the discounted prize!
Yes, you'll get two seperate lists (two games).
Bhikku
Bhikku
Posted on 23 May 17 at 07:04
Allgorhythm said:
Bhikku said:
I think Mafia III is a great game. It went through a period where about half a dozen achievements were glitched and, from my perspective, that's the biggest con of the game. It's got a great story and the soundtrack is phenomenal. There are some great collectibles but, unlike most games of the type, there are no achievements related to picking them up. So you are free to pick them up or ignore them as you see fit.

Bottom Line is 30 USD for the Deluxe Edition is a great bargain.
Great, thanks for the info!
Warku1t
Warku1t
Posted on 23 May 17 at 07:10
MisterRareSteak said:
RewardingBeers said:
Eurydace said:
RewardingBeers said:
So Rise of the Tomb Raider is $20, and the season pass is $7.50. The 20 year celebration is $35 and has the same stuff as the season pass with the base game included? That's a $7.50 difference. Am I missing something?
You're missing nothing.
Thanks for the confirmation. Separate purchases it is then!
In Australian dollars the price difference is even more extreme. $70 for the 20 year Edition, or $25 + $10 for the Base Game + Season Pass. $35 difference. Go figure!
Thats a cheap way for Microsoft to make extra money
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.