The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: May 23rd, 2017

AuthorMessage
Apollyon VII
108,356 108,356 GamerScore
Apollyon VII
Posted on 23 May 17 at 14:10
Since Gamestop screwed me on a copy of BF3 Premium Edition, I might consider this a deal, but thankfully there's eBay.
"Canada!" - Deadpool
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 23 May 17 at 14:13, Edited on 23 May 17 at 14:23 by Allgorhythm
THEpaynexkiller said:
There's Fable Anni DLC on the PC Version. Lots of it too. Was none of it ported over to the 360?
I should have specified that I was talking about DLC with achievements. There is a lot of DLC without achievements for all three games on the 360 including Anniversary: Themes, picture packs, weapons, clothing, equipment, etc. Some of it is free some of it is not. Some of the DLC that is not free is fairly pricey. The only priced DLC with achievements are the two Fable II DLCs:

Knothole Island for Fable II
See the Future for Fable II

You can get these two DLCs free but there is a catch. You cannot play the free DLCs in multi-player mode. The premium Knothole is 6.99 USD. The premium See the Future is 9.99 USD.

You can get all the DLC achievements in single player mode. However, if you want all the achievements in the entire game, you will need to get the Premium packs. The reason is Fable II is very picky about joining multiplayer sessions. Both players must have the same versions of the game. I played the game with the Platinum Edition that included the premium DLCs. I was not able to connect with anyone who did not also have the premium DLCs.
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 23 May 17 at 14:20
Nothing that interests me
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 23 May 17 at 15:05
This is much better than I was expecting after last week's sale. I finally got Screamride and State of Decay after passing on them in multiple sales
DutRank
DutRank
Posted on 23 May 17 at 15:10
I guess I'll pick up the Crackdown games in hopes of them becoming BC.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 23 May 17 at 15:25, Edited on 23 May 17 at 15:29 by Allgorhythm
The Fable Trilogy is a real good deal but you should know what you're getting into before you buy. I've said some of this earlier but feel that I should provide some comprehensive information.

To get all the achievements in Fable II & Fable III, you will want to play in multi-player mode. In order to do so, both players must have the same version of the game. If one player has DLC, the other player must have the same version of the DLC. This is not an issue with Fable III where the DLC is free but it is an issue with Fable II. In Fable II, the single player DLC is free but, in order to play multi-player, you will have to shell out about 17 USD for the two premium packs.

However, there is a way to avoid paying for Fable II DLC and still get all the achievements in the game. Coordinate with players who want to buy the Trilogy on sale. When playing Fable II, all players involved should play the main game before getting the DLC. When all achievements in the main game requiring multi-player have been achieved, download the free versions of the two DLC packs, complete them for a 100% achievement.

There is a catch, though. Actually, two catches. The first catch is that the most demanding achievement in the main game is:

Fable IIThe DollcatcherThe The Dollcatcher achievement in Fable II worth 27 pointsCollect all the Hero dolls, or see another Hero collect them.

The easiest way to get this is through multi-player but the people who will be able to help out will, most likely require you to have the costly Premium DLCs. The problem is with the Hero Doll. You used to be able to go to a website and play a mini-game in order to get it. However, the website was taken down. So, you will have to dig up the Hero Doll in the See the Future DLC.

This is a very tedious achievement to get on your own. This is the best guide on site for doing so:

LunaTuna77 Fable II The Dollcatcher LunaTuna77's solution for the The Dollcatcher Achievement in Fable IIYou, or a friend, collected all the Hero dolls. Shame you can't auction them off now.

It is very easy to get with multiplayer. All you would need to do is join the game of a player with a complete collection. The player with the complete collection would sell & buy back a doll to a vendor. The achievement should then unlock for you as you witness the complete collection being reacquired with the purchase from the vendor. The problem is people who have the complete collection tend to have the Premium DLC so you would have to find a player with the complete collection who does not have the DLC.

The second catch is not a big one. There are several achievements in the DLC that can easily be obtained in multiplayer. For example, there are several Colosseum achievements that are easily obtained by just joining the game of someone who knows how to get them and the second player can get the score, the multiplier, & the necromancer. However, in order to do that both players must have the Premium DLC. It's not that big a deal because the achievements can all be acquired in single player mode. However, if you're not crazy about Colosseum fighting or collecting certain items, they are more easily obtained in multiplayer mode.

The bottom line is that, if you are a completionist, the easiest thing to do is to bite the bullet and shell out the 17 USD for the Fable II Premium DLC. However, if you are determined to save the 17 USD, it is possible, but tedious, to get all Fable II's achievements with the free, non-Premium DLC.
b00f
b00f
Posted on 23 May 17 at 15:42
Whats the over all opinion of the Sniper Ghost Warriors? The reviews aren't looking to good for them.
ManicMetalhead
Posted on 23 May 17 at 15:45
Cr4ck Sh0t23 said:
ManicMetalhead said:
Sweet, now just got to find the time and the people to get all those Sniper: Ghost Warrior MP achievements!
I should continue on the multiplayer achievements on the first one so you might have me.
Sweet!
As soon as I know when I'm able to get on it, I'll set up a gaming session and drop you a message :)
Proscaline
Proscaline
Posted on 23 May 17 at 18:58
Living Legends said:
MC0REBE said:
Psychotic Sully said:
Proscaline said:
What a fantastic deal on BF3 Premium. Better snatch that up.
Such an old game though and probably the community is dead laugh
Easy boosting sessions then smile
I got a new copy of the premium edition for twelve bucks. Include all of the DLC
My sarcasm was overlooked.
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 23 May 17 at 20:08
Think I'm going to grab dogfight 1942 and its dlc.
MVPVincent
MVPVincent
Posted on 23 May 17 at 23:14
b00f said:
Whats the over all opinion of the Sniper Ghost Warriors? The reviews aren't looking to good for them.
The sniping is pretty good but everything else is basically a pile of dogsh*t
TXsportsGamer83
Posted on 24 May 17 at 02:17
How long is this sale?
Darklord1899
Darklord1899
Posted on 24 May 17 at 08:53
Cky616craig1 said:
"we had EVERYTHING on sale last week, what should we have this week lads?"
"eh, these'll do"
Yeah.
Alien rage for £2... £3 more than it is worth.
ManicMetalhead
Posted on 24 May 17 at 09:35
TXsportsGamer83 said:
How long is this sale?
I'm assuming it'll just be for this week, same as always smile
TXsportsGamer83
Posted on 24 May 17 at 13:22, Edited on 24 May 17 at 13:24 by TXsportsGamer83
ManicMetalhead said:
TXsportsGamer83 said:
How long is this sale?
I'm assuming it'll just be for this week, same as always smile
Awesome. Ty. Gives me time to get a bit of money. Wanna try sniper ghost warrior
b00f
b00f
Posted on 24 May 17 at 15:57
MVPVincent said:
b00f said:
Is it worth it just for the sniping? or does the pile just keep getting deeper?
Xystra
Xystra
Posted on 24 May 17 at 21:32
hmm, same price I paid for the Sniper: Ghost Warrior games when they were on sale a few months ago... maybe someday I'll try them. I watched my roommate play one for a while, and it seemed okay (not fantastic, not terrible). you alternate between stealth and assault missions - I could do without the assault part.

I was paralyzed by last week's sale... so many games for such low prices I didn't know what to get, so I got nothing. I was eyeing about twenty of them. this week, nothing new for me.
PlaintiveTech40
Posted on 24 May 17 at 21:32
b00f said:
MVPVincent said:
b00f said:
Is it worth it just for the sniping? or does the pile just keep getting deeper?
The first one tried to be an action game, however it was extremley unbalanced and buggy. The story sucked and so did the charecters. Not to mention that one of the achviements is to get 500 kills, in a multiplayer with max 3 players at a time.
SaintSkye
Posted on 25 May 17 at 07:41
PhonySpoon said:
Finally csved and bought state of decay and it's dlc after its been on sale a million times. Wanting to see why MS is hyping this company up so much as one of its big 2017 exclusives. Is it any good?
Yeah honestly its a lot of fun. Tense game, never proves to be overly frustrating but maintains difficulty. Its a game where you can really feel like you're progressing even if you don't follow the quests that closely as you improve your community and get better loot. Fun take on zombie survival. They promised a coop in a sequel years ago but I haven't kept up with any news.
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 25 May 17 at 07:48
SaintSkye said:
PhonySpoon said:
Finally csved and bought state of decay and it's dlc after its been on sale a million times. Wanting to see why MS is hyping this company up so much as one of its big 2017 exclusives. Is it any good?
Yeah honestly its a lot of fun. Tense game, never proves to be overly frustrating but maintains difficulty. Its a game where you can really feel like you're progressing even if you don't follow the quests that closely as you improve your community and get better loot. Fun take on zombie survival. They promised a coop in a sequel years ago but I haven't kept up with any news.
Rumor mill has it being announced at E3 this year.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.