Game Discussion: Wordament (Android)

Achievements not unlocking?

• paddycfc22paddycfc22400,514
    Posted on 08 August 17 at 20:29Permalink
    Yup no achievements unlocking on android
    Poon
  • DoriaBRDoriaBR14,469
    Posted on 15 August 17 at 18:04Permalink
    Played today, not unlocking on iPhone 6 with iOS 11.
  • Posted on 19 August 17 at 15:00Permalink
    i played a lot of rounds on the IOS version i reached the 100 rounds completed and the achievements doesn't pop, any ideas? i formated my ipod 4 and nothing work i still needed the 16 cells ach, the theme work and the 100 rounds
  • Posted on 24 September 17 at 02:14Permalink
    I just got an android phone, Galaxy Note8, downloaded Wordament and played it with my xbox live account showing at the top. I have gotten no achievements for this game, even though I earned at least 4 of them based on meeting the requirements.
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane616,012
    Posted on 26 September 17 at 19:31Permalink
    Achievements still do not unlock :/
  • RockTomorrowRockTomorrow222,410
    Posted on 28 September 17 at 08:39, Edited on 28 September 17 at 08:40 by RockTomorrowPermalink
    I've been playing for a couple of weeks after switching to Android (previously played heavily on WP and Desktop with no unlocking issues). I noticed no achievements were unlocking, and just chalked it up to Android. I carried on playing anyway because I just love Wordament.

Suddenly, yesterday I unlocked one achievement (CH a CH IN g You found a digram word) while playing a game. When the next game started, nearly all the achievements popped immediately at the start. It was basically every achievement for which I'd met the requirements on Android, including Swipe those tiles (Completed 10 rounds) and Sore fingers (Completed 100 rounds) at the same time.

Not included were the ones I'd earned on other platforms, but not yet on Android (Beat your Frenemies, Multilingual, and "Autobiographical" (long word)). I was able to quickly earn the first two, which both unlocked normally when I'd met the requirements. "Autobiographical" took me until several hours later to 'earn', and it didn't pop.

TL;DR: Even if the achievements are not unlocking on Android, the game is saving that you've met the requirements. Perhaps you will get lucky and be playing in whatever mysterious conditions I was that mean the achievements will unlock.

For the record, I have a Samsung S8 Plus, and was connected on what I believe was a reasonable 4G signal in the UK.
  • JeffMommJeffMomm318,864
    Posted on 13 October 17 at 17:06Permalink
    So, I got mine to unlock in both Wordament and Snap Attack.

What worked for me was switching airplane mode on/off. By default I had airplane mode on. This is an older phone with no sim card, just Wi-Fi. So, I had airplane mode on and then turned Wi-Fi back on. For fun, I turned airplane mode off, then loaded up Wordament - achievements started popping. I had to work for a couple but within 20 minutes I had them all.

So next I tried Snap Attack. It wouldn't even let me connect to the server, which I thought was weird. So, I turned airplane mode back on and enabled Wi-Fi. When I started the game again and played a match, a bunch of achievements popped in that game! I have 1 left where you have to make all the various formations.

So, I don't know the rhyme or reason, but switching airplane mode while staying on Wi-Fi seemed to solve this for me.
  • Posted on 23 November 17 at 16:14Permalink
    New update for this game (android)
    Posted on 23 November 17 at 17:30Permalink
    And?
  • Posted on 23 November 17 at 22:33Permalink
    Only bug fixed, but finally I unlocked achievements after 1 month
    Posted on 24 November 17 at 10:20Permalink
    I'll try it again then.
  • ZeklingZekling239,848
    Posted on 08 December 17 at 21:23Permalink
    Just tried installing/playing Wordament (Android) for the first time today on my Galaxy S7.
    No achievements popping for me even though my account is logged in. Going to fiddle around with airplane mode and wifi to see if that changes anything. Little bummed that cheevos aren't working correctly :(
  • grinandXBOXgrinandXBOX333,282
    Posted on 21 December 17 at 23:38Permalink
    I also just tried to lock in some achievements on my new Android phone and had some bizarre experiences. First, the achievements for playing 10 and 100 rounds popped without any issue based on my previous experience on my Windows Phone. However, obtaining some of the simple achievements such as turning the tiles or playing an another language will no pop regardless of online, airplane mode, reinstalling etc.
  • RonniesPorchRonniesPorch247,614
    Posted on 24 December 17 at 08:29Permalink
    JeffMomm said:

What worked for me was switching airplane mode on/off. By default I had airplane mode on. This is an older phone with no sim card, just Wi-Fi. So, I had airplane mode on and then turned Wi-Fi back on. For fun, I turned airplane mode off, then loaded up Wordament - achievements started popping. I had to work for a couple but within 20 minutes I had them all.

So next I tried Snap Attack. It wouldn't even let me connect to the server, which I thought was weird. So, I turned airplane mode back on and enabled Wi-Fi. When I started the game again and played a match, a bunch of achievements popped in that game! I have 1 left where you have to make all the various formations.

So, I don't know the rhyme or reason, but switching airplane mode while staying on Wi-Fi seemed to solve this for me.
    This right here made it work for me.
  • its whatevaits whateva263,660
    Posted on 29 December 17 at 13:33Permalink
    JeffMomm said:

Thanks so much for this. This method helped me on the iOS version!
    Posted on 29 December 17 at 14:28Permalink
    its whateva said:
    Thanks so much for this. This method helped me on the iOS version!
    RonniesPorch said:
    This right here made it work for me.
    Glad this helped you guys out!
  • LuentrixLuentrix216,230
    Posted on 03 January 18 at 22:07Permalink
    JeffMomm said:

tried it on android and no luck =/

have phone on airplane mode and wifi and then play right?
    Posted on 03 January 18 at 22:38Permalink
    Luentrix said:
    tried it on android and no luck =/

have phone on airplane mode and wifi and then play right?
    I switched back and forth between "airplane mode on/wifi on" and "airplane mode off/wifi on" to get it to work. It took a few times of switching to get it to go if I recall right.
  • Dino McflyDino Mcfly266,606
    Posted on 21 January 18 at 09:11Permalink
    I unlocked a 7/10 achievements and while they appear on my ta feed and gamercard, they aren't showing up in my current achievement streak.
  • DepravedJediDepravedJedi174,688
    Posted on 21 January 18 at 17:53Permalink
    Dino Mcfly said:
    I unlocked a 7/10 achievements and while they appear on my ta feed and gamercard, they aren't showing up in my current achievement streak.
    The game doesn't give timestamps so they won't count for your streak.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.