Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Starts Today for Gold Members

• ChobChob253,590
  • MatheuzinWRSMatheuzinWRS310,623
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 16:36
    Ok. So will be 14 fucking days in front of xbox one. Too much games and cheevos for shortly time. Goodbye society. Thanks Major.
  • gmurda33gmurda331,719,914
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 16:37
    not a very good list of initial games to attract people to get the pass. i dont even think i will get the trial.
  • TropanTropan1,076,724
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 16:38
    Nice selection, definitely a great way to inflate your game library for the price of 1 indie game. Couple titles on there that I dont have yet and might want to play after I clear my backlog (haha yea.....).

Nicely done MS! clap
  • SighrisSighris2,270,912
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 16:38
    Most of these games were in the BC sale
  • Posted on 24 May 17 at 16:39
    I have most of thesr games in my backlog
  • Posted on 24 May 17 at 16:41
    Sighris said:
    Most of these games were in the BC sale
    Indeed. That explains why they decided to have it. laugh
  • SprinkyDinkSprinkyDink2,687,734
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 16:41
    I bought a couple of these games in the BC sale but that's okay. Bought the month. Will knock out a bunch. I'm done buying games with all the free games and my huge backlog.
  • ScabzilllaScabzillla290,772
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 16:44
    There are quite a few games that I had always though of buying, but never got around to doing so. Those Sega classics would be really cool and I've always wanted to try Halo 5.
  • XorthromauthXorthromauth253,153 253,153 GamerScore
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 16:45
    You're kidding, right? For starters, 14 days to check out 100 games. Why not a full month for those who pay for Gold? It would be a more effective strategy. Added onto that, most of these games are previous Games with Gold, which, unless you don't get free games since they're free or missed out on months, is useless. I do think this is a good idea, maybe a bit over priced with a starting lineup like this, but who knows, maybe they'll add greater and more recent games in. Thankfully there's Lego Batman and the Bioshock trilogy to work on.
    "Canada!" - Deadpool
  • MEAT STEW4UMEAT STEW4U362,907
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 16:48
    A ton of these have been on GWG, seems redundant to get this if you have Gold and keep up with those free games.
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 16:50
    Apollyon VII said:
    You're kidding, right? For starters, 14 days to check out 100 games. Why not a full month for those who pay for Gold? It would be a more effective strategy. Added onto that, most of these games are previous Games with Gold, which, unless you don't get free games since they're free or missed out on months, is useless. I do think this is a good idea, maybe a bit over priced with a starting lineup like this, but who knows, maybe they'll add greater and more recent games in. Thankfully there's Lego Batman and the Bioshock trilogy to work on.
    The whole point is giving you 14 days to play some and get hooked to one and want to buy the month. Giving you a month would give you your fix and you wouldn't buy it.
  • Posted on 24 May 17 at 16:50
    Apollyon VII said:
    You're expected to play all 100 games in 14 days... its to give people a taste and see if they want more.

I will say there are more 360 games than I'd like and less xbox one games but I'll jump in with this now and then during the gaming droughts.
  • ChobChob253,590
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 16:53
    Personally, I still see this as a great entry point for new Xbox owners\players. Usually to my friends one of the things that convince them is the $25 a year for EA access' selection.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Hopefully it will actually accessible this time. My insider trial they gave me was useless as I could never access the hub passed day one!
  • LilGurgiLilGurgi402,461
    I can't see myself putting out another $10 out per month based solely on the lack of gaming time to even play the games that I have currently from GWG. That being said, I may note a couple of games that are quick plays that I haven't gotten around to and take advantage of the trial period.
  • matdanmatdan842,302
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 16:58
    I prefer to own my games in most cases, including this one. Don't feel tied to a service I may or may not use. I guess it is good if you missed all the sales and GWG over the past few years.
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:01
    Just counted. I'm getting 48 games I have not played:D
  • IXI FalcoNIXI FalcoN2,070,273
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:05
    As predicted, the bulk of the list is former GWG games and ancient 360 BC titles. If you've grabbed every GWG game and own Rare Replay, that's at least half the list.

Also, the article should be updated with links to the 360 versions of the Bioshock series. Based on the image, it seems like it's those that are being offered and not the remasters.
  • Christophe42Christophe42713,251
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:05
    I already own most of what is on there that I want to play. So I think I will have to pass. Hopefully, the library will improve with time, but if I just obtained an XBox One and didn't have most of the games I already own, I would be a heavy user of this service.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads