Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Starts Today for Gold Members

• ClownTasticClownTastic735,308
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 14:46Permalink
    The main post should probably be updated to answer all these questions that keep getting repeated.

The feature is for Xbox One only

Yes you need a CC or Debit Card to sign up for the trial, you must opt out of autorenewal before the trial ends.

No DLC for the games in the library is not included but it will be discounted by 10% so long as you are part of the program
  • OlimiteOlimite371,547
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 15:09Permalink
    Have been playing Steredann which is like a pixelated R-Type bullet hell shooter. It's a lot of fun. Have also downloaded Lumi and a couple of others. Feel like I am already getting my money's worth.

One thing I would like to see is a time limit for the games on the service, so we know how much time we have to play a specific title.
  • Inatimate1Inatimate1513,516
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 15:16Permalink
    I've definitely got my money's worth so far. I have been working through the arcade titles more than anything, especially the Sega Collections. It's good to be able to play the likes of Streets of Rage and Super Hang On for the nostalgia rush. I've been most impressed by the Pac-Man Museum. I had a SNES back in the day and spent many hours playing Pac-Attack and working through the Puzzle Mode, so to see that pop up again is just amazing! It's a shame there's no achievements tied in to the puzzle mode though because I was never able to finish it as a youth laugh .

Started playing Stacking this morning too, that's a lot of fun so far, I think I'm going to have to keep the subscription going just to work though the actual game release titles as I don't think I'm going to get any time for them in the two weeks.
  • ChobChob211,811
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 17:39Permalink
    ClownTastic said:
    The main post should probably be updated to answer all these questions that keep getting repeated.

Yes you need a CC or Debit Card to sign up for the trial, you must opt out of autorenewal before the trial ends.

No DLC for the games in the library is not included but it will be discounted by 10% so long as you are part of the program
    The latter was already on the article ;) Thank you for the suggestion.
  • Goggs25Goggs251,187,320
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 18:59Permalink
    Outlawed Torn said:
    Can someone check if Bioshock (DE) is available in the German store?
    No it is not. It is not even in the xbox pass in germany tried the search in store it shows up there but it gives me price instead of install
    Goggs25
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0215,450
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 21:12, Edited on 26 May 17 at 21:19 by Iceman2pnt0Permalink
    Cool idea, but there's still some details that I think should be clarified before they start charging money for this. Like how many new games will be added each month? Is there a limit to the number of games that will be offered at a time? For example if they have 100 now and add 10 next month, will 10 of the current games be made unavailable in the program? What will be the deciding factor of the games that get dropped? Least number of downloads? Or are they making deals with publishers to have games for a set amount of time? And lastly, will there be an announcement made prior to a game being made unavailable? Like others have mentioned, that would suck to be halfway through something and then take it away without warning.
    Finally gaming on the One.
  • Posted on 26 May 17 at 23:28Permalink
    ATT: AUSSIES

If you ever downloaded Saints Row IV: Re-Elected from the US Store (or maybe any other store which is not AU), it appears you can double up on the one in the Game Pass.

I now have two separate entries for the game on my profile.

Hell, maybe non-Aussies who already purchased the game can switch to the AU store and download the AU version.

All I know is that I have a second entry for the game on my profile. =D
  • fatDaddy21fatDaddy21401,978
    Posted on 27 May 17 at 02:42Permalink
    DrSchlepenstein said:
    Doubt I will get this. Already pay $50-$60 per year for Live. Don't want to add another $132 to that.
    Never understood this... you should be paying $30-40 MAX for a year of Live. I got a 2-year sub last Christmas for $40. At $10/month for this program, I'm more than happy to pay about $14/month for Live and my choice of a ton of games - it's cheaper than Netflix!

That said, I'll take my two week trial for now and wait until next month for the T-Mobile Tuesday promotion to give me another free month of Game Pass before I decide if I have the time to play these.
  • J0K3RW1NSJ0K3RW1NS83,582
    Posted on 27 May 17 at 05:29Permalink
    It's well worth it if you have a month off work 😊
    J0K3RW1NS
  • HanxHanx739,958
    Posted on 27 May 17 at 08:37, Edited on 27 May 17 at 08:37 by HanxPermalink
    ClownTastic said:

What about Paypal? Can you use Paypal?
  • ZalexzyZalexzy1,345,565
    Posted on 27 May 17 at 08:46, Edited on 27 May 17 at 08:47 by ZalexzyPermalink
    Goggs25 said:
    Outlawed Torn said:
    Can someone check if Bioshock (DE) is available in the German store?
    No it is not. It is not even in the xbox pass in germany tried the search in store it shows up there but it gives me price instead of install
    Thank you, this was main thing I was interested. Hopefully it will be added one day.

Gonna take up trial offer when there is something interesting as Bioshock DE and I have time to play. Can't be bothered with SR4 AU stack, still haven't finished SR4 - it feels just too much work. Maybe in distant future, but still probably no.
  • Posted on 27 May 17 at 09:13Permalink
    Damn, that's good.
    And there was a huge whale and it was all like MWAAAAA which made it super scary!
  • JWatts UKJWatts UK74,593 74,593 GamerScore
    Posted on 27 May 17 at 09:40Permalink
    The game selection is terrible. 360 games are only games free with the pass, and Xbox One games you just get a discount with, whats the point.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty529,579
    Posted on 27 May 17 at 10:44Permalink
    Some great games in there but sadly I have most of the good ones. Might subscribe anyway and play some of the other ones I don't own.
  • Redd FiveRedd Five775,580
    Posted on 27 May 17 at 12:31Permalink
    How about a PSA on Day 13 to remind us to cancel our subscriptions if we choose?
  • QuickdontdieQuickdontdie461,400
    Posted on 27 May 17 at 16:14Permalink
    Redd Five said:
    How about a PSA on Day 13 to remind us to cancel our subscriptions if we choose?
    Yes, this, please
  • Posted on 27 May 17 at 17:06Permalink
    Use one of the many virtual assistants you likely have access to (from a pure numbers guess, Google Now on your phone) to set a reminder for the day before, or set a good old fashioned calendar appointment on your phone. Or just cancel your subscription when you start the trial (more often than not you can still use your free trial still). Much more effecient than hoping you happen to see an article about cancelling on a website, especially when said article won't be as applicable to everyone as the announcement was, and thus could probably not be run.
  • MA3LSTR0M808MA3LSTR0M808368,542
    Posted on 27 May 17 at 17:38Permalink
    apologies if this has been discussed already, but I got the trial and it still wants me to buy some of the games. Is this just happening to me, or are other people experiencing this? Roundabout is an example. Or have I completely misunderstood the concept of this?
  • McTennisDMcTennisD649,070
    Posted on 27 May 17 at 18:06Permalink
    In my blog I have a relatively up to date list showing the ta score and the name of the game for each game listed in game pass. It's not entirely exhaustive due to me being in US.

McTennisD's blog post - Game Pass List

Hoping that TA puts a filter under games for game pass
  • prim4l dre4mprim4l dre4m130,678
    Posted on 27 May 17 at 18:17Permalink
    MA3LSTR0M808 said:
    apologies if this has been discussed already, but I got the trial and it still wants me to buy some of the games. Is this just happening to me, or are other people experiencing this? Roundabout is an example. Or have I completely misunderstood the concept of this?
    Select "Install" instead of "Buy". If you're on the subscription, you're still given the opportunity to buy games at discounted price and keep them even if you cancel the subscription at some point. You should see the "Buy" option for every single one of the game pass games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.