Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Starts Today for Gold Members

• Jsrc1990Jsrc1990143,525
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 05:38Permalink
    Sad list, of which I can rescue are:

Gears of war Saga,
    Bioshock Saga,
    Halo 5,
    Resident Evil 0,

I was waiting for Doom, Far Cry series, Dark Souls, Gta 5?, Tom Clancy's, Forza's, Tomb Raider, Dead Space, Destiny!..

It seems that my money is going to Steam, or EA suscripton,.. you wanted it microsoft, you wanted it!!..
    Jsrc1990
  • ClownTasticClownTastic735,308
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 06:03Permalink
    I doubt many EA games will go into it unless MS makes it worthwhile for them as they would be better off putting the games into their own subscription library. The thing a lot of those complaining need to realize is that this feature isn't really designed for us 'hardcore' gamers who have played/owned hundreds of games over the years. This is focused more towards the casual and/or low income customers giving them range for minimal cost.
  • SedgendarySedgendary266,144
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 07:01Permalink
    Jsrc1990 said:
    Sad list, of which I can rescue are:

Gears of war Saga,
    Bioshock Saga,
    Halo 5,
    Resident Evil 0,

I was waiting for Doom, Far Cry series, Dark Souls, Gta 5?, Tom Clancy's, Forza's, Tomb Raider, Dead Space, Destiny!..

It seems that my money is going to Steam, or EA suscripton,.. you wanted it microsoft, you wanted it!!..
    I wouldn't expect many, if any EA games, they will focus on getting people doing EA Access rather than Game Pass.

For me this is a decent line up of games to start with at a decent price point. If Microsoft can regularly add more titles without removing too many this will be a good service.
  • Posted on 26 May 17 at 08:14, Edited on 26 May 17 at 12:16 by BeanpotterPermalink
    HmBh said:
    Post deleted.
    Suggest you read the fine print before you make a fool of yourself.

You sign up for the trial WITH your credit card data and unless you cancel it BEFORE the 14 days are up, it automatically becomes the regular monthly version and charges you, thats how these type of trials work. These type of trial are aimed at people not cancelling soon enough and accidentally ending up with the paid version. (Lotteries are known for doing this a lot).

And yes, if there aren't any games in the list you are interested in playing, then its a waste of money, regardless the amount and blindly paying for an "incomplete" project like this just removes the need to complete it.

Right now its a list with nothing but old games, games that have already been Games with Gold and games from the sale last week with pretty much no actual XboxOne games. This list isn't even worth getting a free trial for me and really hope it gets some good games added.
  • Posted on 26 May 17 at 08:42Permalink
    PhillipWendell said:
    This service isn't for the types of folks who are on TA. I think it's more for people who are on the fence to get a console. This gives them a cheap way to have an instant game collection.

Now then, what are the short games from the list that can be completed quickly?
    Exactly, the targeted consumer is either people who do not buy games a lot (hence the discount on games if pass is owned) or people thinking about buying an Xbox one and this being an incentive in case they do not want to buy Xbox live. I just hope they come out with a year subscription
  • DeviSlatorDeviSlator422,168
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 09:13Permalink
    rob25X said:
    DeviSlator said:
    How are people even complaining about this???

Halo 5 plus all DLC is free. Bioshocks. Some easy 360 completions. It's £8/month so even if you play for a few hours it's worth it.

I just wish I had the time!
    Do you understand what 'free' means? The games are not free because you have to pay £8 a month to play them. It's a service that costs £8 a month, nothing is free about it.
    Do you understand what 'all DLC is free' means? DLC for games isn't included in the package but the DLC for Halo 5 is free. Happy days
  • mongrominetmongrominet548,717
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 09:43Permalink
    GEARS OF WAR - 2 = is NOT XBOX ONE backward compatibility
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483199,685
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 10:04Permalink
    ^ GoW2 is backwards compatible...
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • cs mestercs mester280,815
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 11:05, Edited on 26 May 17 at 11:11 by cs mesterPermalink
    Do xbox 360 members get the same trial as xbox one?
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 11:08Permalink
    cs mester said:
    Do xbox 360 members get the same trial as one xbox one?
    No, this entire feature is for Xbox One only.
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 11:11Permalink
    ClownTastic said:
    cs mester said:
    What a bullshit.
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 11:17Permalink
    cs mester said:
    ClownTastic said:
    cs mester said:
    What a bullshit.
    As someone mentioned earlier it's due to the way DRM works on the Xbox 360. With how the 360 works somebody could sign up for the free trial and download ('purchase') all of the available 360 games then cancel the service without paying a cent and because they downloaded those games they would be considered as owned games as far as the Xbox 360 is concerned, obviously this is something they would want to avoid. Seeing as the Xbox One is now the current generation the cost of recreating the DRM system for the 360 just isn't justifiable so they exclude it completely.
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 11:25Permalink
    Wait if it is a free trial why should you pay any money?
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 11:27Permalink
    I'm saying that with the way the DRM on the 360 works if people cancelled the service once their free trial ends the consoles would still allow them to play any games they downloaded through the service even though they are not paying for it.
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 11:53Permalink
    Oh i see
  • DocONallyDocONally135,040
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 12:16Permalink
    lol not available in "my" country. I just love living in a small central European country! Oh well, I have most of the big games on there anyway and the service will probably get here sooner than later. But it looks good as a service for those who'll subscribe.
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 12:18Permalink
    DocONally said:
    lol not available in "my" country. I just love living in a small central European country! Oh well, I have most of the big games on there anyway and the service will probably get here sooner than later. But it looks good as a service for those who'll subscribe.
    Just change your location on your XB1
  • ДжэйДжэй339,084
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 14:18Permalink
    cs mester said:
    Wait if it is a free trial why should you pay any money?
    You do not pay any money for this free trial.
  • sm182sm182761,680
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 14:34Permalink
    Is the DLC included with these games?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.