Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Starts Today for Gold Members

AuthorMessage
Kbeau73
Kbeau73
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:10
There are some games on the list I'd like to play if I didn't have 300+ games in my backlog as it is.

I pay $30 a year for EA Access and while I don't utilize it to the amount I expected to... I also was able to download NHL 17, Madden 16, Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare and others for free. In the case of NHL I just had to wait 4-5 months before it became part of the vault.

If this Game Pass would keep the games like EA Access, I'd definitely give it a shot but the uncertainty of how long the games will be available via the Pass is keeping me from taking the plunge. More than likely I'll monitor to see how often games are changed out and which games come in before I commit.
Check out Casual Gaming Community at http://casualgaming.forumotion.com
Strategy One
Strategy One
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:10
Those complaining clearly do not have open minds

1) this is the start and will probably gain or swap games.

2) It's dirt cheap for a month when you can finish a handful of these within that time period (all X1 Bioshocks easily worth it)

3) Shut up or nut up, it's optional and not a forced subscription
A 2rue Boofer
A 2rue Boofer
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:11
For $9.99, that's not bad. Especially if they add 3-5 games a month. It's a steal in my opinion.
TriG3rHaWkz x1x
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:17
i pretty much own or have played these already lol no point in me getting this :P
gmurda33
gmurda33
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:17
Kbeau73 said:
There are some games on the list I'd like to play if I didn't have 300+ games in my backlog as it is.

I pay $30 a year for EA Access and while I don't utilize it to the amount I expected to... I also was able to download NHL 17, Madden 16, Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare and others for free. In the case of NHL I just had to wait 4-5 months before it became part of the vault.

If this Game Pass would keep the games like EA Access, I'd definitely give it a shot but the uncertainty of how long the games will be available via the Pass is keeping me from taking the plunge. More than likely I'll monitor to see how often games are changed out and which games come in before I commit.
dang how did you get EA Access for $30 a year??? Mine is $4.99 a month, so $60 a year. angry
KILLSHOT666
KILLSHOT666
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:20
Reminds me of the SEGA channel from back in the day
scotwolf2
scotwolf2
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:22
not for me, i already had months trial and there was only one game i didn't have.
so for me it's a no.
but for someone new to xbox or without a big backlog like me then i can see the value as there are some good games and they will be changing some of them every month.

don't have enough time for the game i already haverock
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:22
Still interested if this somehow gets us regional variants
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:23
Already own half of these games, but it's really a good price for the number and quality. I'll try the 14 days and then might get it for some time!
Cornerscout
Cornerscout
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:25
It's interesting to see that for some people, this isn't that good of a deal and they are passing on it, and for others this is an incredible subscription. In my opinion, if you're passing because you own most of these, or you already have an insane backlog, that's fair. But complaining that this isn't a good deal is silly since it is a good deal, it's just not for you.

Personally, I will gladly pay a cheap subscription for "Netflix for games." But I am cheap as hell and intentionally avoided buying some of these since I knew they'd be on the Pass, so I don't own most of the list already. laugh
I Argonaut I
I Argonaut I
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:26
I like the trial idea. I am gonna knock out a game for free before I have to pay for it.
BRAN IS HERE
BRAN IS HERE
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:28
Just in time for summer
D
allstar738
allstar738
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:28
gmurda33 said:
Kbeau73 said:

dang how did you get EA Access for $30 a year??? Mine is $4.99 a month, so $60 a year. angry
Get the yearly subscription instead of the monthly one... It's been that way since it cane out
xXBlackTarXx
xXBlackTarXx
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:33
The game pass would be good if I didn't already own half the games and not interested in the other half.
GruffleGrinder
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:39
I wonder if you will get the 20% off during the trial... Probably not
Cheers 'n' Beers
LordChabelo13
LordChabelo13
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:39
Now lets get the list sorted with TA completion times and the ability to omit completed games
MoneyShot360
MoneyShot360
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:40
If I'm reading this right, is it a 14 day free trial where we can buy these games at 20% off? So for those that don't want to keep the service, you could easily pick out the games you want to buy for a discount.
SirBaxter77
SirBaxter77
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:42
That list look like my backlog. But dont get me wrong, I am happy they did not try to get more cash from me for games I dont have time to play. If you just bought your first Xbox, this would be great but I doubt many players will sign up for that list.
ccliffy90
ccliffy90
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:42
Typical 21st century customer backlash people are never happy. 104 games for 8 quid fantastic deal yet people moan. The games are to old ???
What people expect prey, battlefield one, resident evil 6, dishonoured 2 etc etc. You really think publishers would let their brand new games go on this scheme for 8 quid so you don't go the shop and buy it for 50.
Dont get people moaning hats off to Microsoft for doing something different I for one have added about 10 games at first glance to my download queue which would have cost £100 + so thanks Microsoft for saving me money and you can have my 8 quid so even if nothing comes out for 12 months I got my money's worth 👍🏼
Ereaser NL
Ereaser NL
Posted on 24 May 17 at 17:43
gmurda33 said:
not a very good list of initial games to attract people to get the pass. i dont even think i will get the trial.
Same here, I own all games that even slightly interest me already.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.