Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Starts Today for Gold Members

• QuickdontdieQuickdontdie457,356
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 19:19, Edited on 24 May 17 at 19:23 by QuickdontdiePermalink
    clap
    Lots of GWG I join XBL too late to grab.
    EDIT: Roundabout too! I've been wanting that.
  • Redders 420Redders 420595,724
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 19:24Permalink
    I just hope they give a heads up before removing any games from the catalogue. That's the only thing that concerns me.
    It's more than just a game, it's a passion.
  • jotg05jotg05144,976
    Does anyone know if you can use gift cards to pay for this like with gold?
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv488,341
    Woohoo! I'm glad I never bought Mad Max, now I get to play it for free for 2 weeks & probably won't want to play it ever again after that anyway, haha.
    'Member? WickedDeath : "That used car salesman Larry herb will be saying what an amazing deal it is..."
  • NeoRyuu777NeoRyuu777336,644
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 19:25Permalink
    There's no way I'm getting this. I already get 4 GWG every month, and between work and family I barely have time to play ONE moderately-sized game to something resembling completion every month.

Good luck to everyone who decides to try it - I won't be joining you there.
    NeoRyuu777
  • Posted on 24 May 17 at 19:30Permalink
    I think this is really cool. Even if you're only interested in 5-10 of the games you're still getting your money's worth. I'm probably not going to sign up this month only because I already have too much to play and not enough free time.

Lol at the complaints. You guys gave me some good laughs.
  • MikaszMikasz443,189
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 19:35Permalink
    Can I activate the trial, let's say, next month or has it started today and will last during next 14 days?
  • ArhiAngelRusArhiAngelRus454,943 454,943 GamerScore
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 19:38Permalink
    I just thinking, Gears of War 2 (Jp) available in this "program" ?
  • Posted on 24 May 17 at 19:39Permalink
    Can anybody send or make a list of all the easy completions from this game pass to see if it is worth it or not?
  • NoHeroes94NoHeroes94564,106
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 19:41, Edited on 24 May 17 at 19:42 by NoHeroes94Permalink
    This list will only expand, but this will >>>>>>> PlayStation Now.

Downloading D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die, looks like a brilliant little game.

Already have most of the XB1 AAA's; hope more XB1 titles and not just 360 arrive.
  • DuncosDuncos635,774
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 19:41Permalink
    Is anyone else getting this issue of Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ making them purchase it and not letting you install? No other game is giving that issue.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite site on the internet.
  • CornerscoutCornerscout544,319
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 19:43Permalink
    Duncos said:
    Is anyone else getting this issue of Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ making them purchase it and not letting you install? No other game is giving that issue.
    I'm getting the exact same thing. I'm sure it's a temporary error since every other Xbox 360 game has the install button on the page. It'll probably take a day or so to fix.
  • Tatl360Tatl360228,813
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 19:48Permalink
    It is a fantastic offer.

I don't like it though, because in my biased opinion, it may led to further hurt the physical releases.
  • quiettime3quiettime3396,909
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 19:50Permalink
    Guess I'll activate it this Friday and spend my weeks holiday knocking out some easy achievements! Sounds like a good deal even after the trial though if you don't own many of these, and reasonably priced too.
  • Posted on 24 May 17 at 19:51Permalink
    Kanchanaburi said:
    KY PRO 2008 said:
    the trial is NOT free. i tried to download it n it asked for a credit card. a free trial should be free no strings attached. guess im not getting this game pass cause i never add a credit card to my acct ever
    Every subscription service does this. Netflix, Itunes, Hulu and more... they rely on most people to just 'leave it on' and that is why they offer a free trial. It's a business practise that is quite common. Just remember to turn it off!
    Depends on where you live (some states have rules stating a company must confirm at the end of the free trial that you want to be charged for it). Another major reason for using credit/debit cards is to prevent someone from only using free trials as a form of identity check. They can't use email addresses since those are easily made, and they can't verify personal information like name or address, but the card number they can determine if it has been used for a previous trial.
  • Posted on 24 May 17 at 19:53, Edited on 24 May 17 at 19:54 by Dark Death 90Permalink
    This article links the Xbox One versions of the Bioshock series. Is that correct, or an error?
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
  • STAGGERILLASTAGGERILLA1,092,959
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 20:07Permalink
    so my completion % is going to take a beating...
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,761
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 20:14, Edited on 24 May 17 at 20:18 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Another major reason for using credit/debit cards is to prevent someone from only using free trials as a form of identity check. They can't use email addresses Gamertag since those are easily made, and they can't verify personal information like name or address, but the card number they can determine if it has been used for a previous trial.
    ^ This.

It pays to have several credit cards so you can do several trials ;)

I assume the subscription is shared between all users of the home Xbox One, like XBL Gold.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 24 May 17 at 20:27Permalink
    xSTAGGERxLEEx said:
    so my completion % is going to take a beating...
    It'll be interesting to see how many achievements go up in TA score based on people trying out games.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo252,571
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 20:43Permalink
    I'm currently on a Silver membership so for some of these games I would need to go Gold first, THEN pay for this subscription. For that costing and with that selection I'll pass. Need a better selection with more updated and less indie games for me.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.