Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Starts Today for Gold Members

• DeviSlatorDeviSlator421,776
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 11:47Permalink
    How are people even complaining about this???

Halo 5 plus all DLC is free. Bioshocks. Some easy 360 completions. It's £8/month so even if you play for a few hours it's worth it.

I just wish I had the time!
  • JdobemJdobem673,669
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 11:52Permalink
    Theodoricus Rex said:
    LordChabelo13 said:
    Now lets get the list sorted with TA completion times and the ability to omit completed games
    This !!! rock
    +1
  • Posted on 25 May 17 at 12:40, Edited on 25 May 17 at 12:40 by xPut Name HerexPermalink
    Flook666 said:
    MAH BOI 420 said:
    Yummy Baklava said:
    Giincee said:
    So can I download the 360 games also on my Xbox 360 or is this pass Xbox One only?
    I've been curious of this for a few weeks. I finally had the chance to try it myself and unfortunately, you can only download them on the Xbox One.
    Mannschaft570 said:
    Giincee said:
    So can I download the 360 games also on my Xbox 360 or is this pass Xbox One only?
    Microsoft site says it's Xbox One only, which is a strange decision in my opinion. I don't care about the One, but since I don't plan to renew my membership on my 360 when it expires (I no longer play online), I would probably have used this Game Pass for a few months instead.
    Can confirm. Don't have an Xbox One, and have no intention of getting one for the time being but signed up to this and booted up the 360 to get some "free" games and no dice. This is beyond retarded considering most of the titles are from the 360 and the author of this article really needs to make it clearer.
    Yeah, it does seem a bit daft that given the huge amount of 360 titles, you can't actually get the pass for 360....

i guess they must have decided that it would make Xbox 1 owners feel like it was worth upgrading after all, and that us people stuck with 360s due to lack of wealth or by not wanting to upgrade yet are undesirables who need to start being ignored...

Ah well, at least we still have GWG...for the time being at least...
    The 360's DRM was not built with the ability to handle subscription services like this (note that with GwG, you get the game for free even if your subscription ends, unlike the One). Microsoft probably (and unsurprisingly) decided that designing and implementing a new DRM for the 360, a console who's successor can play 360 games and has been out for over 3 years now, was simply not worth the financial investment to include it in this program.
  • RedDeadKBIIRedDeadKBII307,602
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 12:41Permalink
    I'm interested. Alas, I won't subscribe until I've knocked down my backlog substantially.
  • Posted on 25 May 17 at 13:05Permalink
    daft question..are the bioshocks the 360 or XB1 versions facepalm
  • Segendary TySegendary Ty659,384
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 13:09Permalink
    xCEL7IC ZOMBIEx said:
    360 versions
  • xCRiMZoNxxCRiMZoNx217,826
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 13:18Permalink
    Nothing really for me yet. I'll wait and see what they add later on. Excited to see what games Microsoft will add!
  • Posted on 25 May 17 at 13:35Permalink
    Viva Piñata :)
  • superniceguysuperniceguy272,662
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 14:34Permalink
    xCEL7IC ZOMBIEx said:
    Yesterday it was the XB1 versions, played a bit of it too, but now it is the 360 versions!
  • Posted on 25 May 17 at 15:21Permalink
    IXI FalcoN said:
    As predicted, the bulk of the list is former GWG games and ancient 360 BC titles. If you've grabbed every GWG game and own Rare Replay, that's at least half the list.

Also, the article should be updated with links to the 360 versions of the Bioshock series. Based on the image, it seems like it's those that are being offered and not the remasters.
    It is the 360 versions of those games being offered!

This is a great service. I remember many didn't really care for the initial line up for when BC became a thing, so I have high hopes for this service. For me, it allows me to kinda be guided to what to play. Often times I have so many games to play I spend more time trying to figure out what I want to play than... actually playing!
  • ChobChob211,844
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 15:36Permalink
    Links for the Bioshock 360 versions were fixed, thanks for the tips.
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch751,958
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 16:11Permalink
    I'll grab the trial once my one month trial of EA Access I got through renewing my Gold through the dashboard expires in a few weeks. Already picking out some of the shorter completions to blaze through in the 14 days.

I'd be much more inclined to pick this up permanently if there was a discount for buying a year membership like there is with EA Access. $10 a month/$120 a year is a bit much for those who have Gold and have picked up all of these Games with Gold. Make it like $60-$80 and I'd probably be in.
  • sm182sm182761,061
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 16:11Permalink
    The servers for WWE 2K16 shut down in 6 days!
  • DenXDDenXD466,660
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 16:28Permalink
    Not sure if I understand it, but could I start the 14 day trial any day I want to?
  • Posted on 25 May 17 at 16:28Permalink
    Think so den
  • prim4l dre4mprim4l dre4m130,489
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 16:31Permalink
    Hey all, I created a Google Sheet with all the Xbox Game Pass games with sortable columns by name, TA score, achievement score, # of achievements, release date, platform and estimated completion time. You can access it here, and feel free to share it with anyone that can make use of it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1itGm6zOrwcZc28AZ5gX9...
  • Posted on 25 May 17 at 16:34Permalink
    ^^ thats awesome thanks
    Happy Gaming
  • Posted on 25 May 17 at 16:36Permalink
    Very cool chart mate.
  • DCM7734DCM7734146,851
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 16:36Permalink
    Too bad I don't really like getting games digitially. If it was included in Gold Memberships, then yeah, I'd use it. But I don't play enough these days to pay an extra $10 a month to play a few extra games, no matter how good the deal is.
    Bah Humbug.
  • Posted on 25 May 17 at 17:11Permalink
    Not a bad concept, but this list is terrible and hoping for a big update when the 14 days are up.
    Its pretty much nothing but old games (or games I already have), games that have already been given away as a Games with Gold and games that were part of last weeks huge sale.

Was expecting them to come with some better options if this is meant to entice people to sign up.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.