Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Starts Today for Gold Members

• WickedDeathWickedDeath480,570
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 17:54Permalink
    Pure garbage. I expect nothing less from Microsoft these days as the Xbox one game list has been nothing but BC games and app games. This has more of both than anything xbox one and the ones they do have, who wants to play that garbage.

The idea is sound, the execution is piss poor as with every thing MS does these days.
  • NetechmaNetechma160,758
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 19:30Permalink
    how do you install the games you can't search for in the store? :(
  • mosin360mosin360695,910
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 19:32Permalink
    It really is a great idea and I can see myself getting this at some point in the future when I get really behind on games.
    Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
  • Posted on 25 May 17 at 19:54Permalink
    brilliant, hopefully more on halo 5 and gears 3
  • Goggs25Goggs251,182,829
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 20:05Permalink
    Outlawed Torn said:
    I was able to download Saints Row IV: Re-Elected (AU) by switching regions. There may be other region variants that are available.
    Don't see how I tried that and all I got was message please try again later with error code 0x800FFFF i typed it in on xbox.com and it says xbox service alert yet I was able to install farm sim 15 and halo 5.

I even tried Japan for bioshock but it would not load up pass at all and given me same error code ad AU
    Goggs25
  • Posted on 25 May 17 at 20:14Permalink
    I think its an OK but not amazing list of games to START with. Like netflix its not something you will necessarily subscribe to all the time but dip in and out of for the cost of an hours work a month. The summer games drought seems perfect when the sun isnt shining. :P

Good for GS whores :P
  • ChobChob211,855
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 20:52Permalink
    Hart of Iron said:
    how do you install the games you can't search for in the store? :(
    If you can't access them from the Hub (you can access the hub in "My Games and Apps" -> "Memberships"), likely it's because they're not available in your region.
  • Posted on 25 May 17 at 21:00Permalink
    ClownTastic said:
    speedygamers90 said:
    how do you use the FREE TRIAL WITHOUT signing up? I can't find out how...
    You can't. You have to sign up to access the free trial.
    No I don't want to sign up for $9.99 per month. Just the free trial.
    Xbox Fan. I do it for GamerScore. 500k by 2020
  • MarioTooMarioToo779,384
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 21:30Permalink
    speedygamers90 said:
    ClownTastic said:
    speedygamers90 said:
    how do you use the FREE TRIAL WITHOUT signing up? I can't find out how...
    You can't. You have to sign up to access the free trial.
    No I don't want to sign up for $9.99 per month. Just the free trial.
    You have to sign up, then go into settings and turn off auto renew.
  • rob25Xrob25X479,042
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 21:39Permalink
    DeviSlator said:
    How are people even complaining about this???

Halo 5 plus all DLC is free. Bioshocks. Some easy 360 completions. It's £8/month so even if you play for a few hours it's worth it.

I just wish I had the time!
    Do you understand what 'free' means? The games are not free because you have to pay £8 a month to play them. It's a service that costs £8 a month, nothing is free about it.
  • Outlawed TornOutlawed Torn1,430,716
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 21:49Permalink
    Goggs25 said:
    Outlawed Torn said:
    I was able to download Saints Row IV: Re-Elected (AU) by switching regions. There may be other region variants that are available.
    Don't see how I tried that and all I got was message please try again later with error code 0x800FFFF i typed it in on xbox.com and it says xbox service alert yet I was able to install farm sim 15 and halo 5.

I even tried Japan for bioshock but it would not load up pass at all and given me same error code ad AU
    All I did was switch regions to Australia then searched for Saints Row IV Reelected on the store and it came up as ready to install.
    After it installed, I launched it and confirmed that it was the (AU) version.
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 22:37Permalink
    Outlawed Torn said:
    Goggs25 said:
    Outlawed Torn said:

All I did was switch regions to Australia then searched for Saints Row IV Reelected on the store and it came up as ready to install.
    After it installed, I launched it and confirmed that it was the (AU) version.
    I did not do that I went to games & app/sub and try to download it that way i'll try your way see if it works for me
    Goggs25
  • Bridge188Bridge188752,135
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 22:46Permalink
    I've had no luck getting Bioshock (KR) - changed my xbox one location to South Korea, and the only Bioshocks that appears in the store are the Xbox one versions, and Infinite on 360.

I also tried Gears 2 (JP) from the Japan marketplace but only got a "This offer is not valid in your region" message... so it's pretty useless to me.
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 22:53Permalink
    I manage to get saints row 4 (AU) to download by doing what outlawed torn said to do.

I tried it with Japan for borderlands and gears 2 but keep getting that error code I don't think its available yet in Japan
    Goggs25
  • Posted on 25 May 17 at 22:59Permalink
    From Microsoft's Game Pass website:
    Xbox Game Pass will be available in at least 30 Xbox markets at launch, quickly growing to as many new markets as catalog availability permits. Markets supported include Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK, United States.
    Australia is included (so the Australian SR4 works), but neither Japan nor South Korea is included, so the Japanese and Korea games do not work.
  • Bridge188Bridge188752,135
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 23:03Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    From Microsoft's Game Pass website:
    Xbox Game Pass will be available in at least 30 Xbox markets at launch, quickly growing to as many new markets as catalog availability permits. Markets supported include Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK, United States.
    Australia is included (so the Australian SR4 works), but neither Japan nor South Korea is included, so the Japanese and Korea games do not work.
    Thanks. I thought it was weird that Bioshock KR wasn't available at all on the marketplace - but I've just realised the Bioshock KR page says physical only... if only I could read. facepalm
  • Outlawed TornOutlawed Torn1,430,716
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 23:07Permalink
    Can someone check if Bioshock (DE) is available in the German store?
  • ДжэйДжэй338,626
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 23:45Permalink
    I never bothered to know SEGA's Streets of Rage are on xbox. And they are! Thanks to gamepass I really enjoyed playing it, like old good days, well sort of ) Will play Halo5 and Mad Max and that's all games, among these 100 titles, half of them wereGwG, and half of them are played before or to bad to play. It's ok to pay 10$ for playing some games, you don't want to buy, I just hope they will replace or add some more good games, but not that shit.
  • Posted on 25 May 17 at 23:51Permalink
    This service isn't for the types of folks who are on TA. I think it's more for people who are on the fence to get a console. This gives them a cheap way to have an instant game collection.

Now then, what are the short games from the list that can be completed quickly?
  • reforc3reforc3773,226
    Posted on 26 May 17 at 02:08Permalink
    I still wait for the TA-Update to search for the games tagged as Xbox Game Pass
    @ReForce
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.