Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Spellspire Review

• LexualLexual401,213
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 20:37
    Spell words to cast spells

Please click here to read the story: Spellspire Review
  • IronFistofSnuffIronFistofSnuff1,019,005
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 20:44
    Seems like a harder Letter Quest. I might look into it more, for only $10, it doesn't look bad.
  • XystraXystra212,369
    Posted on 24 May 17 at 21:45
    can you type in your words using a USB keyboard plugged into your console?
    I have one, and use it for some other games (especially ones with in-game text chat). it is much better than a software keyboard... and it's easy to get, too - $10 at WalMart will net you a full-size keyboard.
  • TunalegTunaleg944,084
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 03:20
    Your last "there" was the wrong one
  • AlahertAlahert2,892,777
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 10:04
    Looks so strange to me, but also funny laugh
  • Posted on 25 May 17 at 10:35
    I loved letter quest so for under £7 this was a no brainer for me..
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,102,324
    Posted on 25 May 17 at 15:56
    I also loved Letter Quest, and this seems very similar.

In the paragraph below the brutal picture, 'awarding achievements for defeated the bosses every tenth floor'...do you mean defeating?
    Legohead 1977
  • PurplbaconPurplbacon891,488
    Posted on 28 May 17 at 10:12
    Significantly harder than letters grimm. not an easy achievements 1000 game at all even if you cheat. keep that in mind if you think you're going to complete this game in a week youre wrong. if you think youre going to complete this game without a highest awarded literature degree from oxford..youre wrong. its not impossible but its not letters grim, not even close. I did enjoy it for the tower completion part, the dungeon section can go suck a... yea 720/1000 is your best results possibility without developing an brain tumor or breaking something expensive. if you like letter quest grimms journey; save your money and just play that again.
  • Halcyon PureHalcyon Pure1,031,608
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 11:34
    A very fair review. The time limits can be frustrating, and its a shame that the game is so samey. Enjoyable enough, but could have been so much more engaging with a few simple gameplay tweeks.
  • vSullyvSully1,298,391
    Posted on 31 May 17 at 17:01
    Just a heads up – this is a very long, grindy completion.

Completing the hundred levels in the tower twice is not that bad. It'll take a few hours with the help of an anagram solver.

The dungeon levels, however, are absurd.

There are five stages per level. Each takes a few minutes at least. So each level takes about 15 mins.

That means you can get through 4, maybe 5 per hour. You need to get to level 42 for one achievement. I was at 26 hours of game time when I got there and I don't see being able to get there much faster.

And nobody seems to know what level the chrome dragon is on. I'm hoping 50. If it's 100, I'll be real sad as that'll take me another 12+ hours to get to.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads