Game Discussion: Everspace

Everspace Multi-Genre Discussion

• Posted on 29 May 17 at 09:47Permalink
    Please use this thread to discuss this game's classification under the multi-genre system.

If you disagree with the current genres, please click the "Add genre disagreement" button below.
  • Posted on 29 May 17 at 09:48Permalink
    x Mataeus x has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
    I wanted to vote for Space and Roguelike / Roguelike. Sadly none of those categories exist! Aerial vehicular combat just don't cut it.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,220,088
    Posted on 29 May 17 at 12:28Permalink
    Space is not a genre though. If it was added as one, you would have to add stuff like fantasy, medieval etc aswell..
    I do agree it would be helpful,but i also believe it would be overkill.

Personally i would be happy to have a few more "real genres" added instead of the current 3rd, first person and similar "genres"

I also havent met two people ever, who could agree on the definition of roguelike. So i expect that would start quite a few arguments also.
  • ClownTasticClownTastic734,587
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:09Permalink
    We don't have rogueliks/roguelite at the moment but it's something I'd personally be in favour of and I have brought it up to hopefully discuss in the future.

Roguelikes main gameplay features are turn-based combat, randomized levels and complete permadeath with no saved progress.

Roguelites have the same randomized levels to some degree but combat can be either turn-based or real-time. Progress between plays is persistent.
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,006,359
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 19:48Permalink
    This should be roguelite now right?

I haven't played yet, but every discussion I see indicates that is the case.
    I AM PEKE?
  • cptObbescptObbes732,497
    Posted on 04 January 18 at 10:12, Edited on 04 January 18 at 10:13 by cptObbesPermalink
    Yes - Roguelite should be added!
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 11:18Permalink
    How can we get the attention of a mod back to this thread? ^^
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,220,088
    Posted on 09 January 18 at 11:36Permalink
    you could write clowntastic directly..
  • Zonrith1Zonrith1591,771
    Posted on 10 January 18 at 19:31Permalink
    Clown let me know about this thread (as he is not on the Genre Team). I've created a staff-side thread to review this. We'll report back with a decision. Thanks.
    Posted on 12 January 18 at 15:58Permalink
    thanks for looking into this! :)
  • misfit119misfit119910,646
    Posted on 30 January 18 at 04:24Permalink
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys. Neither Clown nor Zonrith are with the team but, in the future, you can either create a new disagreement or message me or Allgorhythm with questions.

That said we agree with the request and have added the roguelite genre. Thanks for the submission!
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
    Posted on 30 January 18 at 06:05Permalink
    clap Yay! Just waiting on the X patch and then I will play this! Thanks for the hard work! I know the genre team is mostly thankless work with people yelling at you.
    I AM PEKE?
    Posted on 30 January 18 at 19:34Permalink
    Yeah thank you!! :) Somehow there was no option for another disagreement or at least I didn't find it.
    Posted on 30 January 18 at 23:15, Edited on 30 January 18 at 23:15 by misfit119Permalink
    You should have the option in the Game Information box, near the genres. It appears as a small question mark thingiemawhatsit.
    Posted on 31 January 18 at 02:43Permalink
    Yes that works. I think the confusion he's having is that if you get to this thread from the "my forums" link you will not get the option in the thread to file a disagreement. You have to click the question mark from the game page. I think I know why Rich made it that way and it's totally reasonable, but it can cause some confusion
    I AM PEKE?
    Posted on 31 January 18 at 05:16Permalink
    Ooooooh, understood. I didn't find that doohicky for a bit so I can see how that happens.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.