The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 30th, 2017

• Posted on 30 May 17 at 01:57, Edited on 30 May 17 at 02:01 by DarkWingSpartan
    Just read on another forum that the prices for the season passes for the Win10 versions of TWD Michonne and ANF are $3.99 and $13.99 respectively. Does anyone know about Batman or GotG?

Edit: Nvm, sounds like Batman and GotG are still full price over there
    This is a signature. It has words in it.
  • JumboWarioJumboWario1,126,015
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 01:58
    x iKrueLTyyy said:
    Sucks you have to buy the first episode of Guardians, Batman and Michonne to actually access the in game menu to buy the season passes.... Why isn't there another way to do this?!
    If you are looking to purchase the season pass you should already have the base game. I do agree there should be a DLC link instead of it being an 'in-app purchase'.
    Game On.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:01
    If I'm planning on upgrading to Win 10 when I build my new rig this Christmas, is there a way I could purchase the TT games on sale now and have them ready to download when the rig gets built?
  • Oriole2682Oriole26825,270,176
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:03
    Doubtful it usually won't let you buy anything unless your system meets the requirements...though i'm sure they will go on sale again at some point
  • x iKrueLTyyyx iKrueLTyyy680,117
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:04
    MitRialb said:
    If I'm planning on upgrading to Win 10 when I build my new rig this Christmas, is there a way I could purchase the TT games on sale now and have them ready to download when the rig gets built?
    No possible way unless you have a Windows 10 device of some kind. Also some of the discounts say specifically only on Windows 10 devices also. Unless there's another way that anybody knows.
  • ClockWrkPhantomClockWrkPhantom1,531,063
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:05
    JumboWario said:
    FYI!

Even though they are not mentioned in the article, all of the Telltale games are also on sale on Windows 10! They have separate lists and are separate purchases but I do NOT want them to be forgotten (these are pretty great deals).

The Walking Dead (Windows) - Purchase here
    The Walking Dead: Season Two (Windows) - Purchase here
    The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (Windows) - Purchase here
    The Walking Dead: Michonne (Windows) - Purchase here
    The Wolf Among Us (Windows) - Purchase here
    Batman: The Telltale Series (Windows) - Purchase here
    Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series (Windows) - Purchase here
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series (Windows) - Purchase here

I can't link the season passes but they should be on sale from the in-game main menu for Minecraft, Batman, Michonne, A New Frontier, and Guardians!

Happy Hunting! headspin
    Batman season pass is not on sale on Win10 at least not yet
    Kane no1 of the 7
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:06
    MitRialb said:
    You have to purchase them via the Windows Store app which is only on Windows 10. It's not like Xbox One or Xbox 360 games. Hitting the purchase button on the website only opens the store for you.
    Game On.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:07
    x iKrueLTyyy said:
    MitRialb said:
    No possible way unless you have a Windows 10 device of some kind. Also some of the discounts say specifically only on Windows 10 devices also. Unless there's another way that anybody knows.
    Well that sucks. I guess I'm stuck. I would totally upgrade my dual-boot Mac right now if I still didn't need 9 more months for Microsoft Solitaire on Win 8. haha
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:09
    MitRialb said:
    x iKrueLTyyy said:
    MitRialb said:
    Well that sucks. I guess I'm stuck. I would totally upgrade my dual-boot Mac right now if I still didn't need 9 more months for Microsoft Solitaire on Win 8. haha
    Virtual machine with windows 8.
    Game On.
  • x iKrueLTyyyx iKrueLTyyy680,117
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:11
    The New Frontier Season Pass: $13.99
    Guardians of Galaxy Season Pass: $14.99
    Michonne Season Pass: $3.99
    Batman Episode and Season Pass: No Sale at time of writing this.
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:15
    x iKrueLTyyy said:
    Thanks. I updated the original.
    Game On.
  • Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:17, Edited on 30 May 17 at 02:18 by DarkWingSpartan
    x iKrueLTyyy said:
    Also, none of the Minecraft Story Mode bundles are on sale
  • dieresisdieresis401,973
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:27
    x iKrueLTyyy said:
    Bless you, kind sir.
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:29, Edited on 30 May 17 at 02:31 by JumboWario
    JumboWario said:
    FYI!

Even though they are not mentioned in the article, all of the Telltale games are also on sale on Windows 10! They have separate lists and are separate purchases but I do NOT want them to be forgotten (these are pretty great deals).

The Walking Dead (Windows) - Purchase here
    The Walking Dead: Season Two (Windows) - Purchase here
    The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (Windows) - Purchase here
    The Walking Dead: Michonne (Windows) - Purchase here
    The Wolf Among Us (Windows) - Purchase here
    Batman: The Telltale Series (Windows) - Purchase here
    Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series (Windows) - Purchase here
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series (Windows) - Purchase here

I can't link the season passes but they should be on sale from the in-game main menu for Minecraft, Batman, Michonne, A New Frontier, and Guardians!

According to x iKrueLTyyy:
    Batman Episode and Season Pass: No Sale at time of writing this

Happy Hunting! headspin
    If you scroll to the bottom of each game, there should be something that says "You can buy stuff from this product" or "In-app purchases" or something like that that has prices under it. That should tell you the price of the season pass. (i.e. $4.99 - $13.99 is $4.99 per episode or $13.99 for the season pass.)

This is what I see for season pass prices right now -
    The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - $13.99
    The Walking Dead: Michonne - $3.99
    Guardians of the Galaxy - $14.99
    Minecraft: Story Mode - $29.99 (for ep1-8. Not on sale yet?)
    Batman - $19.99 (not on sale yet?)

Just remember these are NOT like the Xbox One bundles where Episode 1 is included. You have to by Episode 1 and then the Season Pass (or each episode individually).
    Game On.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:33
    CODYWWE24 said:
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    Finally can buy walking dead season 3. Again, refused to pay "new" pay structure.
    So $5 is too much for you?
    In this case it's the principle of it. TT put out eery pass for years at $ off, then all of a sudden no discount. Mind you that you are paying FULL price for something you don't own yet, something that will take MONTHS to be released and yet you pay upfront in full.....only to have it go on sale at 40% off like clockwork before the last episode drops.

Call me cheap, call me poor, call me frugal, but I'm not a sucker..
  • Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:41
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    CODYWWE24 said:
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    Finally can buy walking dead season 3. Again, refused to pay "new" pay structure.
    So $5 is too much for you?
    In this case it's the principle of it. TT put out eery pass for years at $ off, then all of a sudden no discount. Mind you that you are paying FULL price for something you don't own yet, something that will take MONTHS to be released and yet you pay upfront in full.....only to have it go on sale at 40% off like clockwork before the last episode drops.

Call me cheap, call me poor, call me frugal, but I'm not a sucker..
    How dare you be patient and forward-thinking. ;)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 May 17 at 02:57
    Thanks for this. I was waiting for Back To The Future to go on sale so for me, this sale is very much cool. And nice.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 03:06, Edited on 30 May 17 at 03:07 by HolyHalfDead
    So who can tell me which of the TT games will be GwG? ;)

Some great discounts this week, tempted by GoT to get back into it before the penultimate season starts.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 03:07
    HolyHalfDead said:
    So who can tell me which of the TT games will be GwG? ;)

Some great discounts this week, tempted by GoT to get back into I before the penultimate season starts.
    I'd guess borderlands
    Game On.
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl249,880
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 03:39
    Is the Alien: Isolation season pass worth getting? Since it doesn't have achievements I have the luxury of deciding whether to buy it or not laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads