The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 30th, 2017

• Posted on 30 May 17 at 10:39Permalink
    Coffin Dodgers for £3.84. Yes please.
    Play for achievements. Play for fun. What's the craic hi.
  • TVippyTVippy28,857
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 10:52Permalink
    Anybody knows how long will the "1 month of Gold for $1" promotion last?
    I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,708,049
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 11:14, Edited on 30 May 17 at 11:16 by SashamorningPermalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Mike Pitch said:
    Thanks for the heads up on Win 10 deals! The TT games are great for flights with my Surface. Hoping the Michonne SP is on sale as I picked up Episode 1 for $1.49 earlier this year.
    Do the Telltale games work in touch on your Surface, or is it a keyboard only affair?
    Touch works better.

TVippy said:
    This happens with every account when they first start up. It's a one-time affair.
  • Dragonborn GearDragonborn Gear1,048,255
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 11:17Permalink
    DarkWingSpartan said:
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    CODYWWE24 said:
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    Finally can buy walking dead season 3. Again, refused to pay "new" pay structure.
    So $5 is too much for you?
    In this case it's the principle of it. TT put out eery pass for years at $ off, then all of a sudden no discount. Mind you that you are paying FULL price for something you don't own yet, something that will take MONTHS to be released and yet you pay upfront in full.....only to have it go on sale at 40% off like clockwork before the last episode drops.

Call me cheap, call me poor, call me frugal, but I'm not a sucker..
    How dare you be patient and forward-thinking. ;)
    I have to agree with CounterInsurgnt on this 100%. I have enough games to keep me busy in the mean time. I do not need an episodic taste every couple of months. I would actually much rather play it all at once, and if I can get it at a discount, why would I not?
  • Posted on 30 May 17 at 11:35Permalink
    Tempted by Coffin Dodgers and Michonne. Are they as bad as people make out?
  • gmurda33gmurda33716,563
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 12:10Permalink
    SonOfStayPuft82 said:
    Tempted by Coffin Dodgers and Michonne. Are they as bad as people make out?
    i just fininshed michonne over the weekend on 360. it was ok, i didnt think it was as good as twd season 1 and two. i also just purchased coffin dodgers, so i will find out about that one this weekend lol
  • MattQuin89MattQuin89328,586
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 12:41Permalink
    Dragonborn Gear said:
    DarkWingSpartan said:
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    CODYWWE24 said:
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    Finally can buy walking dead season 3. Again, refused to pay "new" pay structure.
    So $5 is too much for you?
    In this case it's the principle of it. TT put out eery pass for years at $ off, then all of a sudden no discount. Mind you that you are paying FULL price for something you don't own yet, something that will take MONTHS to be released and yet you pay upfront in full.....only to have it go on sale at 40% off like clockwork before the last episode drops.

Call me cheap, call me poor, call me frugal, but I'm not a sucker..
    How dare you be patient and forward-thinking. ;)
    I have to agree with CounterInsurgnt on this 100%. I have enough games to keep me busy in the mean time. I do not need an episodic taste every couple of months. I would actually much rather play it all at once, and if I can get it at a discount, why would I not?
    I'm the same. I'll only buy the game once the whole product has been released. I made the mistake of buying the GOT one, and waited an age for the last episode to drop.
  • AlahertAlahert624,083
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 13:40Permalink
    Nice sales on TT games, even though I already own most of them.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm257,148
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 14:07Permalink
    Alahert said:
    Nice sales on TT games, even though I already own most of them.
    Same here.
  • Posted on 30 May 17 at 14:19Permalink
    i miss Holyhalfdead's blog posts.. that had EVERYTHING in it... TA is missing quite a few telltale thing for Win 10 (and other sale items on a regular basis) :/
    Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
  • Posted on 30 May 17 at 14:29Permalink
    I'll bite - The Walking Dead: A New Frontier for me.

Might get Blackwood Crossing for that price too.
  • JamP0und32JamP0und32802,012
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 14:39Permalink
    Sashamorning said:
    TVippy said:
    This happens with every account when they first start up. It's a one-time affair.
    It's not a one time thing, I've had it multiple times on this account.
  • Posted on 30 May 17 at 14:41Permalink
    JamP0und32 said:
    Sashamorning said:
    TVippy said:
    It's not a one time thing, I've had it multiple times on this account.
    My one year was coming to an end....about 28 days away....I got the coffee or Xbox promotion....paid $34 for year via dashboard. Can't beat that anywhere.
  • Posted on 30 May 17 at 15:21Permalink
    Guess I'll pick up dark arcana , nothing else interesting .
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou191,766
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 15:39, Edited on 30 May 17 at 15:41 by SheBeatsYouPermalink
    Really hope they have a 50% off DS3 DLC sale sometime soon. Would love to give them some money but they are gonna make me get the GOTY soon used on ebay and they wont get anything cause $25 is a ripoff for 2 new zones. Really hard to support the devs I love when they overprice digital....sigh.
  • kevc99kevc9997,025
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 16:19Permalink
    Nice sales
    Batman and Game of Thrones for me and may pick up Back to the Future as well dance
  • Cellar AtticCellar Attic424,654
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 16:44Permalink
    Yesss! I've been waiting for the Telltale Minecraft and Walking Dead: Frontier to go on sale. I'm pretty interested in Alien: Isolation too.
  • FreshAspekFreshAspek323,373
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 18:03Permalink
    vegansound said:
    Thanks for informing us much sooner than before about the weekly deals. Just the time to put all the informations in place, and it's out. Congrats.

Too bad the DLC section doesn't show the game concerned. For example, 'Emerald Weapon Skin' is in sale now, yes but what game is it for? We have to click on it to check. Seeing it at first sight would be much appreciated.

And too bad too now all DLCs have a link on 'em, with or without attached achievements. Before we could see if a DLC has no achievement because there was no link. Now all have one...
    +1

Very frustrating this post was ignored. He makes very valid points that the news team should address. I also posted in the 360 sales thread that because you don't tell us which game the DLC is for you WILL NOT get a pm if you are are subscribed to news updates for the game. Really hoping that gets fixed.
  • vegansoundvegansound608,872
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 18:30Permalink
    FreshAspek said:
    vegansound said:
    Thanks for informing us much sooner than before about the weekly deals. Just the time to put all the informations in place, and it's out. Congrats.

Too bad the DLC section doesn't show the game concerned. For example, 'Emerald Weapon Skin' is in sale now, yes but what game is it for? We have to click on it to check. Seeing it at first sight would be much appreciated.

And too bad too now all DLCs have a link on 'em, with or without attached achievements. Before we could see if a DLC has no achievement because there was no link. Now all have one...
    +1

Very frustrating this post was ignored. He makes very valid points that the news team should address. I also posted in the 360 sales thread that because you don't tell us which game the DLC is for you WILL NOT get a pm if you are are subscribed to news updates for the game. Really hoping that gets fixed.
    Thanks, FreshAspek! Of course we're right! smile
  • Posted on 30 May 17 at 18:50Permalink
    WTF ! I thought this was a sale ?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.