The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 30th, 2017

• SashamorningSashamorning1,708,049
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 18:50, Edited on 30 May 17 at 18:51 by SashamorningPermalink
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    JamP0und32 said:
    Sashamorning said:
    TVippy said:
    Anybody knows how long will the "1 month of Gold for $1" promotion last?
    This happens with every account when they first start up. It's a one-time affair.
    It's not a one time thing, I've had it multiple times on this account.
    My one year was coming to an end....about 28 days away....I got the coffee or Xbox promotion....paid $34 for year via dashboard. Can't beat that anywhere.
    That's a damn good price. That's about as low as I can find it anywhere when I really look.

FreshAspek said:
    vegansound said:
    Thanks for informing us much sooner than before about the weekly deals. Just the time to put all the informations in place, and it's out. Congrats.

Too bad the DLC section doesn't show the game concerned. For example, 'Emerald Weapon Skin' is in sale now, yes but what game is it for? We have to click on it to check. Seeing it at first sight would be much appreciated.

And too bad too now all DLCs have a link on 'em, with or without attached achievements. Before we could see if a DLC has no achievement because there was no link. Now all have one...
    +1

Very frustrating this post was ignored. He makes very valid points that the news team should address. I also posted in the 360 sales thread that because you don't tell us which game the DLC is for you WILL NOT get a pm if you are are subscribed to news updates for the game. Really hoping that gets fixed.
    +1

I also agree. DLC needs to always be attached to its game so we know what it is.
  • BegFourMercyBegFourMercy743,138
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 19:53Permalink
    Ubisoft sales are just about as bad as Activision. Its like going to the dentist. 25% off GRAW. Should be 50% by now.
  • Ereaser NLEreaser NL340,850
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 19:59Permalink
    I highly recommend Tales from the Borderlands for only $4.50 :D
  • YinYin959,846
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 20:06, Edited on 30 May 17 at 20:08 by YinPermalink
    Sashamorning said:
    Dwaggienite said:
    Fantastic deals if you live in the US. Not so much if you live elsewhere.

Get the telltales whilst you can.
    Answer:

1) Find website that sells US codes
    2) Buy US codes
    3) Redeem on your account
    4) Change your box (or MS Store) to US
    5) Profit
    I feel like this is currency manipulation, which I thought was a violation as far as the ToS is concerned (or, feels like a gray area at the least). I know people get away with it, but is it worth the risk of losing all of your gamerscore and purchases? Brazil typically has a pretty solid price point on most titles.
    The lesser half of the Yin Yang gaming couple. ;)
  • Whos JentWhos Jent158,197
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 22:20Permalink
    TellyTales
  • pseudoidolpseudoidol90,437
    Posted on 31 May 17 at 00:58Permalink
    Might wanna check the Ghost Recon Wildlands prices before you buy.

Gold Edition includes:
    • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
    • Narco Road
    • Fallen Ghosts

$111.62 AUD

Deluxe Edition includes:
    • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
    • Fallen Ghosts

$76.68 AUD

$111.62 - $76.68 = $34.94, just for Narco Road but it's listed for $21.95 AUD on the store so if these prices are correct you'll save $12.99 AUD by skipping the gold edition and buying the deluxe edition and Narco Road separately. Unless I'm missing something, someone needs to recheck their maths.
    Looking to boost: HALO 5 KILLER INSTINCT
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl149,600
  • Posted on 31 May 17 at 01:11Permalink
    JamP0und32 said:
    Sashamorning said:
    TVippy said:
    This happens with every account when they first start up. It's a one-time affair.
    I have used this kind of promotion on my three dummy accounts at least three times. It's a new kind of promotion they do instead of the free month they used to do.
  • pseudoidolpseudoidol90,437
  • Posted on 31 May 17 at 02:31Permalink
    Living Legends said:
    JamP0und32 said:
    Sashamorning said:
    TVippy said:
    I have used this kind of promotion on my three dummy accounts at least three times. It's a new kind of promotion they do instead of the free month they used to do.
    You could always sign up to 'Microsoft Rewards', formally 'Bing Rewards' and for some users 'Xbox Rewards'. https://www.bing.com/explore/ms-rewards-announcement

1 month = 7,000pts / 6,800pts @ level 2
    3 months = 16,000pts / 15,000pts @ level 2
    12 months = 30,000pts / 29,000pts @ level 2

The above is for xbox gold, but you could also redeem your pts for a groove music pass, xbox/windows store credit, or skype credit..
  • pezboybenpezboyben580,039
    Posted on 31 May 17 at 02:49Permalink
    Bridge Constructor Stunts is one I will definitely be getting but also thinking about Guardians of the Galaxy, it's the only Telltale that I don't own.
  • Posted on 31 May 17 at 03:55Permalink
    AussieBigfoot said:
    You could always sign up to 'Microsoft Rewards', formally 'Bing Rewards' and for some users 'Xbox Rewards'. https://www.bing.com/explore/ms-rewards-announcement

1 month = 7,000pts / 6,800pts @ level 2
    3 months = 16,000pts / 15,000pts @ level 2
    12 months = 30,000pts / 29,000pts @ level 2

The above is for xbox gold, but you could also redeem your pts for a groove music pass, xbox/windows store credit, or skype credit..
    I do use Bing but I redeem it for my account. It's more useful for me to pay three or four dollars and get a month of gold for dummies and boost all month. I just used about forty thousand points to get ten dollar cards. Basically bought a shitload of games and have leftover for the black ops 3 dlc coming out in a few weeks
  • PredefiancePredefiance201,862
    Posted on 31 May 17 at 07:29Permalink
    So tempted to snap up all the TT games, been meaning to play them all for the easy achievements and killer story. I did snatch up TWD: S1 for 360 earlier today so I'm keen to finally finish it off.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead469,800
    Posted on 31 May 17 at 09:49, Edited on 31 May 17 at 09:52 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    FuzzedUpCookie said:
    i miss Holyhalfdead's blog posts.. that had EVERYTHING in it... TA is missing quite a few telltale thing for Win 10 (and other sale items on a regular basis) :/

When I started 4 years ago it was just a few things on sale each week. Then it doubled when the Xbox One came out. Now even the normal weekly sales are big, and the special sales are huge. It was taking several hours to put the blog together. Even then I was still able to beat most sites, but there is no beating the new automated TA news item.

What TA have now is more accurate, even if the listings have to be more generic.

I prefer the list view myself, as I can tell at a glance which game the DLC is for by the cover art.

Xbox Sales for Yesterday
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • TVippyTVippy28,857
    Posted on 31 May 17 at 10:04Permalink
    Living Legends said:
    JamP0und32 said:
    Sashamorning said:
    TVippy said:
    It's not a one-timer, but they activate it during some big sales usually (then deactivate, until another sale comes). Nobody seems to know when will it end this time.
    I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
  • Posted on 31 May 17 at 11:05Permalink
    SonOfStayPuft82 said:
    Tempted by Coffin Dodgers and Michonne. Are they as bad as people make out?
    Coffin Dodgers isn't a complex game at all, but I enjoyed it, plus fairly quick and easy 1000G.
  • Posted on 31 May 17 at 15:08Permalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    FuzzedUpCookie said:
    i miss Holyhalfdead's blog posts.. that had EVERYTHING in it... TA is missing quite a few telltale thing for Win 10 (and other sale items on a regular basis) :/

When I started 4 years ago it was just a few things on sale each week. Then it doubled when the Xbox One came out. Now even the normal weekly sales are big, and the special sales are huge. It was taking several hours to put the blog together. Even then I was still able to beat most sites, but there is no beating the new automated TA news item.

What TA have now is more accurate, even if the listings have to be more generic.

I prefer the list view myself, as I can tell at a glance which game the DLC is for by the cover art.

Xbox Sales for Yesterday
    Sounds fair ;) doesn't take away TA is missing a few items every now and then and it doesn't get added though, and we have to find out through the comment section :P
    Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
  • Posted on 31 May 17 at 16:38Permalink
    Anyone else notice that it says the standard edition of wildlands includes fallen ghosts which if true is fucked up considering that's part of the season pass? If they're including it in the standard edition at a discount I should damn well have access to it since I preordered the game at full price!
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl149,600
    Posted on 31 May 17 at 17:53Permalink
    With1nTheRuins said:
    Anyone else notice that it says the standard edition of wildlands includes fallen ghosts which if true is fucked up considering that's part of the season pass? If they're including it in the standard edition at a discount I should damn well have access to it since I preordered the game at full price!
    That seems like a mistake. This article lists both the Standard and Deluxe editions as including Fallen Ghosts, but neither seems to when I look on Xbox.com.

But even if it is true, what are you complaining about? Games get cheaper over time. You're not owed anything for buying on release when something gets a discount or pack-in nearly three months alter.
  • TheHurt1974TheHurt1974172,352
    Posted on 31 May 17 at 22:48Permalink
    Captain Obvious here, pick up Borderlands if you never played before!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.