The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 30th, 2017

• Posted on 01 June 17 at 03:12Permalink
    zeldafanjtl said:
    With1nTheRuins said:
    Anyone else notice that it says the standard edition of wildlands includes fallen ghosts which if true is fucked up considering that's part of the season pass? If they're including it in the standard edition at a discount I should damn well have access to it since I preordered the game at full price!
    That seems like a mistake. This article lists both the Standard and Deluxe editions as including Fallen Ghosts, but neither seems to when I look on Xbox.com.

But even if it is true, what are you complaining about? Games get cheaper over time. You're not owed anything for buying on release when something gets a discount or pack-in nearly three months alter.
    You honestly expect me to believe that you wouldn't be pissed if you bought a standard edition of a game at launch for $65 that didn't include the DLC but someone else can buy the same edition of the same game 3 or 4 months later for $20 less AND get the DLC, that's considered part of the season pass, on top of it?

Yeah, I call bullshit.

We all know games get cheaper over time but it's the principle that you would be screwing over the early adopters of your game that paid full price but did not receive the same content that people are getting four months later at a discount. If the DLC was being sold SEPARATELY at a discount then I would have no problem.

It's the fact that it's appearing to be included with the standard edition that pisses me off (if true).
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl149,600
    Posted on 01 June 17 at 04:58Permalink
    It's a rare game that I even buy within a year of launch, but regardless I think you're drawing arbitrary distinctions. Is a discount + DLC bundled any different than a deeper discount on the game + full price DLC if the overall price of the game and DLC combined are the same in both scenarios?
  • Apollyon VIIApollyon VII109,996 109,996 GamerScore
    Posted on 02 June 17 at 17:03Permalink
    Not bad for the TT sale.
    "Canada!" - Deadpool
  • Posted on 02 June 17 at 17:27, Edited on 02 June 17 at 17:28 by I8ITackyticsI8IPermalink
    With1nTheRuins said:
    You honestly expect me to believe that you wouldn't be pissed if you bought a standard edition of a game at launch for $65 that didn't include the DLC but someone else can buy the same edition of the same game 3 or 4 months later for $20 less AND get the DLC, that's considered part of the season pass, on top of it?

Yeah, I call bullshit.

We all know games get cheaper over time but it's the principle that you would be screwing over the early adopters of your game that paid full price but did not receive the same content that people are getting four months later at a discount. If the DLC was being sold SEPARATELY at a discount then I would have no problem.

Destiny anyone?
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm257,148
    Posted on 03 June 17 at 00:44Permalink
    AussieBigfoot said:
    You could always sign up to 'Microsoft Rewards', formally 'Bing Rewards' and for some users 'Xbox Rewards'. https://www.bing.com/explore/ms-rewards-announcement

1 month = 7,000pts / 6,800pts @ level 2
    3 months = 16,000pts / 15,000pts @ level 2
    12 months = 30,000pts / 29,000pts @ level 2

The above is for xbox gold, but you could also redeem your pts for a groove music pass, xbox/windows store credit, or skype credit..
    I think this is a great deal. I use my rewards acct both for XBox gold and for gift cards.
  • Posted on 03 June 17 at 20:43Permalink
    Anyone recommend Trulon?
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • Posted on 03 June 17 at 21:40Permalink
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    With1nTheRuins said:

Yeah, I call bullshit.

Destiny anyone?
    Any street fighter game
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 June 17 at 13:06Permalink
    vegansound said:
    Thanks for informing us much sooner than before about the weekly deals. Just the time to put all the informations in place, and it's out. Congrats.

Too bad the DLC section doesn't show the game concerned. For example, 'Emerald Weapon Skin' is in sale now, yes but what game is it for? We have to click on it to check. Seeing it at first sight would be much appreciated.

And too bad too now all DLCs have a link on 'em, with or without attached achievements. Before we could see if a DLC has no achievement because there was no link. Now all have one...
    Or you could do what games devs do these days and bring it out even sooner half arsed and broken then the community beta test it for you laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.