Community Events Forum

Forum for the Alphabet Challenge Event

Alphabet Challenge Discussion

AuthorMessage
TrueAchievement
Posted on 31 May 17 at 10:48
Post here to discuss the Alphabet Challenge!
BruceWayne1008
Posted on 31 May 17 at 12:45
Another event that I'll somehow fail laugh

I seriously do love this idea. Thanks Freamwhole, planting42 and the rest of the TA staff that brought this idea to life!
maddogbernard
maddogbernard
Posted on 31 May 17 at 12:49
It says it starts Wednesday , June 1st. Today is Wednesday May 31st. Does it today or I am assuming Thursday.
imaidiot19
imaidiot19
Posted on 31 May 17 at 12:53
Good contest, but they may want to change the wording to 'Once you register, you will have a letter box when the challenge begins on June 1st'

I should have a high potential for easy achievements in each letter, I think. Haven't looked, but I'll keep myself in suspense.
Yes, I know I am.
ManicMetalhead
Posted on 31 May 17 at 12:57
I'm expecting to muck this up accidentally laugh
Would I have to start over if I mess the order up or just start from my last letter again?
In Gyi Yoon
In Gyi Yoon
Posted on 31 May 17 at 13:05
lets be trying
CrunchyGoblin68
Posted on 31 May 17 at 13:05
You cannot muck it up, other than not getting all 26.
You are always looking for the next letter in the alphabet.
If you need a "D" and get an "F" it doesn't matter, you just cannot use that "F" later on.
Guidality
Guidality
Posted on 31 May 17 at 13:10
Scoping out my backlog and am having a tough time finding some x achievements and z achievements. Anyone know of any off the top of their heads?
Tanelorn82
Tanelorn82
Posted on 31 May 17 at 13:20
Is there a way now to search (in started games first, and then in the game collection) for achievements for a particular letter ?
I want to plan the first few letters.
Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
M0j0s d0j0
M0j0s d0j0
Posted on 31 May 17 at 13:21, Edited on 31 May 17 at 13:21 by M0j0s d0j0
So if I get A tomorrow then get G tomorrow that messes it up or does it only mess up if it's the next day?
TrueAchievement
Posted on 31 May 17 at 13:29
Tanelorn82 said:
Is there a way now to search (in started games first, and then in the game collection) for achievements for a particular letter ?
I want to plan the first few letters.
That's cheating, you only have 10 hours to wait until you can click the link smile
M0j0s d0j0 said:
So if I get A tomorrow then get G tomorrow that messes it up or does it only mess up if it's the next day?
You don't have to do one a day, you can do all 26 on day 1 if you like. And you can't mess it up, you can earn as many achievements in between each letter as you like.

imaidiot19 said:
Good contest, but they may want to change the wording to 'Once you register, you will have a letter box when the challenge begins on June 1st'

I should have a high potential for easy achievements in each letter, I think. Haven't looked, but I'll keep myself in suspense.
maddogbernard said:
It says it starts Wednesday , June 1st. Today is Wednesday May 31st. Does it today or I am assuming Thursday.
Fixed

imaidiot19 said:
Also fixed
Because Im Ryan
Posted on 31 May 17 at 13:57
This seems like a lot of fun!
What about 'Secret Achievements' that once unlocked have an achievement title with the letter we need.

Do those count? (Sorry if this was clarified somewhere and I missed it)
"I should go."
BetaSigX20
BetaSigX20
Posted on 31 May 17 at 14:04
Another great idea for a new event! clap

I assume we don't need to wait for the site to scan in a letter before we move on to the next one? For example, if I'm on the letter C, and then I unlock C, D, and E in the space of a few minutes, I assume that all of those will count, and the next time I'm scanned, it will show me on F? I don't have to wait for the site to register the C achievement before unlocking the D one, right?

Good news for those of us starting Sunset Overdrive for the TA Playlist next month.... that game has achievements for every letter except J, K, Q, X, Y, and Z. I don't know how many of those can be unlocked in alphabetical order, but hopefully there will be some opportunity to overlap!
HILL5IZE
HILL5IZE
Posted on 31 May 17 at 14:07
also include apps?
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 31 May 17 at 14:13, Edited on 31 May 17 at 14:14 by JamP0und32
Anyone who needs an x look up Full Auto Achievements. There's 10 of them. :P
Eric From Cali
Posted on 31 May 17 at 14:15
BetaSigX20 said:
Another great idea for a new event! clap

I assume we don't need to wait for the site to scan in a letter before we move on to the next one? For example, if I'm on the letter C, and then I unlock C, D, and E in the space of a few minutes, I assume that all of those will count, and the next time I'm scanned, it will show me on F? I don't have to wait for the site to register the C achievement before unlocking the D one, right?
I was wondering the same thing, my TA pro expired and I don't want to wait for the site to scan me to go to the next letter...
Twitter: EricDC
M0j0s d0j0
M0j0s d0j0
Posted on 31 May 17 at 14:21
Gonna struggle with like 3 letters woop
DCM7734
DCM7734
Posted on 31 May 17 at 14:26
This actually sounds fun. I have over 100 games sitting on my hard drive, so I might have a chance at this. Just depends on the douche letters, like J, X, Q and Z.
Bah Humbug.
ManicMetalhead
Posted on 31 May 17 at 14:26, Edited on 31 May 17 at 14:27 by ManicMetalhead
CrunchyGoblin68 said:
You cannot muck it up, other than not getting all 26.
You are always looking for the next letter in the alphabet.
If you need a "D" and get an "F" it doesn't matter, you just cannot use that "F" later on.
Oh yeah!
Not sure why I didn't think like that earlier, I blame a long day at work sleep

JamP0und32 said:
Anyone who needs an x look up Full Auto Achievements. There's 10 of them. :P
You are a lifesaver. Will have to dig this out now!
St Tony22
St Tony22
Posted on 31 May 17 at 14:32
Quick Question: What about achievements that the first character is a symbol (for example: parenthesis, single & double quotes) but the next character is the letter "A" how would this be counted? What about numbers?

See examples below:

WRC 5"Around the World"St Tony22The "Around the World" achievement in WRC 5 worth 80 pointsFinish at least one Special Stage in each rally in Quick Stage mode.

Just Cause 3(Just) Causin' ChaosSt Tony22The (Just) Causin' Chaos achievement in Just Cause 3 worth 10 pointsGet 1000 Chaos.

Saints Row IV: Re-ElectedSecret AchievementSt Tony22The Secret Achievement achievement in Saints Row IV: Re-Elected worth 25 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens...What Was The Second Time?St Tony22The ...What Was The Second Time? achievement in LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens worth 24 pointsComplete TFA Chapter 4 - The Eravana

Toro¡Qué arte tienes!St Tony22The ¡Qué arte tienes! achievement in Toro worth 79 pointsUnlock all the concepts

Super Time Force9600 BC Completed!St Tony22The 9600 BC Completed! achievement in Super Time Force worth 85 pointsComplete the Ancient Atlantis time zone
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.