AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 06 June 17 at 00:12
Ki Ki Ki... Ma Ma Ma... That's the sound of looming bugs

Please click here to read the story: Friday The 13th: The Game Review
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 06 June 17 at 00:25
Such a shame, couldn't wait for this to drop, i bought it but haven't played it yet cause i'm still waiting for the fixes.

Hopefully the same won't happen to Dead By Daylight.
PolledChild
PolledChild
Posted on 06 June 17 at 00:28
BigNev44 said:
Such a shame, couldn't wait for this to drop, i bought it but haven't played it yet cause i'm still waiting for the fixes.

Hopefully the same won't happen to Dead By Daylight.
Same here. Huge Jason fan but haven't even gotten to play a single match. Also waiting for the fixes.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 06 June 17 at 00:30
I was glad to hear what the reviewer felt about the game if there were no bugs and gave it such high praise (if that situation ever happens). The biggest thing wrong with this game , as mentioned above, but is a problem in so many is being released with so many known bugs. You can't get mad bc some of the most successful companies do the same thing. Until people stop buying day one and doing pre-orders this problem will just continue. Honestly how can you release a MP game when the matchmaking system is broken, shameful.
Dwaggienite
Dwaggienite
Posted on 06 June 17 at 00:52
Not to mention The Culling, which is still unable to be played DAYS after release.
GruffleGrinder
Posted on 06 June 17 at 01:02
I actually got a full refund from Microsoft on this game, ill buy it again once its fixed.
Cheers 'n' Beers
SilentRich69
SilentRich69
Posted on 06 June 17 at 01:46
Nice to see a review that actually gives it time and doesn't just dump a 4/10 on it because the tiny dev couldn't get EA style server numbers built within the first hour. Awesome game, just needs to fix quick match and the glitches.
I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all!
CounterInsurgnt
Posted on 06 June 17 at 01:46
71 gamerscore.....ugh..

I feel likes this game would have sold 8 million more downloads of the achievements weren't so stupid.
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 06 June 17 at 01:50, Edited on 06 June 17 at 01:50 by MugenKairo
Not a fan so not fussed either way but sad to hear the game was released with so many issues. The developers will definitely pay for that in the long run. But those ridiculous achievements for a MP-only game..? Forcing players to grind is never more successful than having a seemless experience with more content.
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 06 June 17 at 03:08
However, as it stands now this otherwise promising game is simply littered with all sorts of technical flaws that hold it back from reaching its full potential.
Who says that Friday the 13th being unlucky is mere superstition?
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 06 June 17 at 03:30, Edited on 06 June 17 at 03:30 by Mr Peanutbubber
I like the core idea of the game. Hope the bugs get ironed out. Maybe I can find it on sale by then!
War...war never changes.
El Zombie
El Zombie
Posted on 06 June 17 at 05:16
I'm waiting on the single player before considering a purchase.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 06 June 17 at 05:54
El Zombie said:
Nothing this game does indicates to me that their single player mode will be any good. The voice acting and character animations are pretty poor, so any semblance of a story would probably be bad, I think. I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see it. Also I have doubts it'll ever come out since this messy launch has probably rewritten their schedule greatly.
Edweirdd
Edweirdd
Posted on 06 June 17 at 06:14
El Zombie said:
I hope you're not expecting a single-player campaign or anything. I get the feeling since it's being tacked on in Summer it'll be more of an offline mode with bots or something.
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 06 June 17 at 07:54
Just a note about the achievements that you might want to add : Currently, there's one unobtainable. The one for killing all 7 counselors plus Tommy Jarvis. Nobody has unlocked it yet and I know literally dozens of players (myself included) who've done it multiple times.
Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 06 June 17 at 09:26
After watching the hour stream it looks like a game that I would enjoy for a limited time, but being a completionist the achievements completely work against that. Adding in the numerous current issues and I don't think I'll be getting this one.
Legohead 1977
Wicked Jei
Wicked Jei
Posted on 06 June 17 at 12:35
Literally unplayable 3/5
Shadow XBL
Shadow XBL
Posted on 06 June 17 at 13:50
looks like there was an update that fixed things.
My Name Is Fuz
Posted on 06 June 17 at 14:00
Lol, yeah but all that did was make the graphics better and eliminate SOME of the glitches like Jason or the car suddenly flying into space. The game still crashes to dashboard, the game still randomly disconnects players, you still can't do a quick match.

I gave it a chance, for a week my friends and I tried to gut it out but like the writer says playing 16 minutes and being in a winning position only to have the game fail sucks and the frequency with which it still happens is unacceptable.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 06 June 17 at 14:02
Shadow XBL said:
Including the unobtainable? I still don't see that anyone has unlocked:
Friday the 13th: The GameOne For Good MeasureThe One For Good Measure achievement in Friday the 13th: The Game worth 20 pointsKill all 7 counselors and Tommy Jarvis in a single match.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.