Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Friday The 13th: The Game Review

AuthorMessage
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 06 June 17 at 14:11
The concept of them game is good, but the outcome is really bad.
AeriBouS
AeriBouS
Posted on 06 June 17 at 14:18
Sad because this game is so much fun when it works
I wrote here once on accident and this is what I wrote to never see the original post again.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 06 June 17 at 15:33
Shadow XBL said:
looks like there was an update that fixed things.
My review accounts for that. I mentioned it a few times. The game still has more issues and needs more patching.
MrEscience3000
Posted on 06 June 17 at 16:54
And just like Jason this game went to hell! facepalm
Just repeat to yourself it's just a game, I should really just relax.
True Marvellous
True Marvellous
Posted on 06 June 17 at 17:09
Game should get a 1 on any scale if the matchmakings broken when the games foucs is MP.

They fix it then revisit the review but dont give it a 3 thats just misleading.

Would you give your ISP a 3/5 if it wouldnt connect I think not.
Check out True Tube for all the latest Xbox One Indie Games Reviews https://www.youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 06 June 17 at 18:38
True Marvellous said:
Game should get a 1 on any scale if the matchmakings broken when the games foucs is MP.

Maybe you just read the bottom but in any event the game requires using LFG so it still works, just not as intended or ideally.
TinSigmund666
TinSigmund666
Posted on 06 June 17 at 19:04
It's very dumb move from the developers to so obvious give the middle finger to Xbox One gamers and package an alpha version as a full version.
Be honest for christ sake and release something when it's done. Rather be pissed off with a crappy game that is a full version, than to be pissed on with a buggy game that is not even completely tested and finished......

I will buy it whenever it's in sale and done with several updates and patches.....
OldSchoolBlood
Posted on 06 June 17 at 19:49
I thought this game was delayed to add a single player component. Was that scrapped all together?

The game obviously is not ready for release with all the technical problems. Should have just delayed it longer to release a quality product. Sadly if the match making is not fixed soon will scare off the die hards who are supporting the game.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 06 June 17 at 19:56
There was another patch today and it sounds like the matchmaking will be fully resolved in the next patch which is right around the corner.
Julz D 01
Julz D 01
Posted on 06 June 17 at 21:00
Good to hear ^
CRISTIAMUZ
CRISTIAMUZ
Posted on 06 June 17 at 22:04
I remember people being excited for this.
Twitch.Tv/Zemidek
CIutch Corey
CIutch Corey
Posted on 06 June 17 at 22:39
Evandalist said:
Just a note about the achievements that you might want to add : Currently, there's one unobtainable. The one for killing all 7 counselors plus Tommy Jarvis. Nobody has unlocked it yet and I know literally dozens of players (myself included) who've done it multiple times.
"PHD in Murder" is also glitched. It goes up usually to 6% then resets back to 1% & stays there. Apparently PS4 has this issue as well.
Corey
True Marvellous
True Marvellous
Posted on 06 June 17 at 23:55
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
True Marvellous said:

Maybe you just read the bottom but in any event the game requires using LFG so it still works, just not as intended or ideally.
No i read the whole review, the player shouldn't have to find a work around. In its current state you cant give it a 3 they patch it like your other comment says and the issues are fully reolved then fair enough but the product at this date is not fit for sale and broken.
Check out True Tube for all the latest Xbox One Indie Games Reviews https://www.youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 07 June 17 at 00:22
True Marvellous said:
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
True Marvellous said:

No i read the whole review, the player shouldn't have to find a work around. In its current state you cant give it a 3 they patch it like your other comment says and the issues are fully reolved then fair enough but the product at this date is not fit for sale and broken.
I reviewed it in line with our ethics policy. If online didn't work at all, like when it launched, it would be a .5, but they've already fixed a lot. It needs more work and it even got its second patch today that did a lot of fixing quick match and it appears the matchmaking will be fully resolved within days. I plan on revisiting it weeks from now, not a re-review, but just to discuss what's changed. But to reiterate, this review, like all of ours, was written in line with our scoring metric. It takes some additional button presses to find a game. Inconvenient and inexcusable, but still functional. Thanks for reading!
Julz D 01
Julz D 01
Posted on 07 June 17 at 02:29
I literally turned off looking for group notifications because of this game
Onza
Onza
Posted on 07 June 17 at 18:38
What is an "asynchronous multiplayer game", specifically the asynchronous part?
Thanks, Onza
Two wrongs don't make a right... But three lefts do.
troyoy
troyoy
Posted on 07 June 17 at 19:16, Edited on 07 June 17 at 19:28 by troyoy
I love the movies and they are classics. But I think the price is to high for a game that is down load only. And that is if the game didn't have all of these problems. The game sounds really cool and sounds like it could be really fun if it wasn't broken. Its online MP only so make you wonder how long before they shut the server down, probably years or longer but still. $40 is just too steep but I would love to play it when its fixed and maybe cheaper. But if you wait too long to play it then it may be hard to find full lobbies.
I have 9 usa 360`s set up, 4 pal 360`s, 3 japan 360`s and 2 xboxones set up and the girlfriend calls me crazy.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 07 June 17 at 22:01
Onza said:
What is an "asynchronous multiplayer game", specifically the asynchronous part?
Thanks, Onza
It's usually when a game lets all players compete in a same way, just not a the same time. For example, Halo has synchronous multiplayer gameplay since every player tries (and has the ability) to kill each other at the same time. In Friday the 13th, you take turns at being Jason, and therefore can only kill when the others are not. Left 4 Dead would be another good, albeit more traditional, example of asynchronous multiplayer.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Jackobite
Jackobite
Posted on 08 June 17 at 10:59
I so want to buy this but I cant take getting burned again with broken MP (for honor)
May pick it up at a later date im seeing alot of promises about free updates and a single player mode for PC hope this will automatically be added into xbox as well
mcnichoj
mcnichoj
Posted on 08 June 17 at 15:35
OldSchoolBlood said:
I thought this game was delayed to add a single player component. Was that scrapped all together?

The game obviously is not ready for release with all the technical problems. Should have just delayed it longer to release a quality product. Sadly if the match making is not fixed soon will scare off the die hards who are supporting the game.
No, it comes out in the summer.

They couldn't afford a delay with the Dead by Daylight console release coming.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.