Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Friday The 13th: The Game Review

AuthorMessage
Gacys Clown
285,658 285,658 GamerScore
Gacys Clown
Posted on 24 October 17 at 16:54
Just seeing if the review on this was updated with the patches? I've been playing it over the last few weeks and really the only problem I've ran into is the host leaving the game, causing everyone to get booted sometimes. I've been having a blast with it and feel like it really captures the movies about as good as one could try to accomplish with that.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 24 October 17 at 17:14, Edited on 24 October 17 at 17:16 by KBop a doo
Gacys Clown said:
Just seeing if the review on this was updated with the patches? I've been playing it over the last few weeks and really the only problem I've ran into is the host leaving the game, causing everyone to get booted sometimes. I've been having a blast with it and feel like it really captures the movies about as good as one could try to accomplish with that.
Reviews are never changed. They're a snapshot of a game at a point in time toast

Along with ethical reasons (changes to a review could be interpreted as pressure from publishers or other outside forces that compromise journalistic integrity) it's just not realistic to keep up with the changes to so many games this long after launch. For example, The Master Chief Collection is getting another patch three years after launch.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 24 October 17 at 17:21
Well said. Games are a moving target these days. I did give this game some extra time to work out some of its kinks when I was assigned the review. After a week or two I considered it fair game. I have thought about revisiting the game in another format to talk about how much it has improved but the TLDR, in case I never write that, is that it's much better now and it really delivers on many of its promises I wrote about within this review which at the time were bogged down by technical flaws.
Gacys Clown
285,658 285,658 GamerScore
Gacys Clown
Posted on 27 October 17 at 04:24
I hear ya. That does make sense. Just saw they had another update for it a day or two ago. More issues fixed and a new counselor. They've even added a few minor DLCs such as Jason Pt. 4 Kill pack and some Halloween costumes for the counselors.
According to their forums, it looks like they're in the process of getting dedicated servers for the game and are waiting for approval from MS. Hopefully, that helps with about the only complaint I have with the game at the moment.
Great review, btw!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.