Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Everspace First Impressions

• WillCBlogsWillCBlogs241,517
  • King fiShiZKing fiShiZ246,900
    Posted on 06 June 17 at 16:47, Edited on 06 June 17 at 16:49 by King fiShiZPermalink
    no mention of the genre "Rogue-like" - thats what the game is, feels like he don't understand what that is. I've played the game for 30h now and its total worth the money.
  • Posted on 06 June 17 at 19:46Permalink
    King fiShiZ said:
    no mention of the genre "Rogue-like" - thats what the game is, feels like he don't understand what that is. I've played the game for 30h now and its total worth the money.
    Rogue-lite*
  • Posted on 06 June 17 at 21:15Permalink
    A price tag of $29.99 is... too much? That's... interesting.
    Posted on 06 June 17 at 21:34Permalink
    obtuse language said:
    Never said it was too much... warning
  • Posted on 06 June 17 at 21:54, Edited on 06 June 17 at 21:57 by obtuse languagePermalink
    BruceWayne1008 said:
    obtuse language said:
    Never said it was too much... warning
    I'm going to quote you (assuming you're the creator) in that video, and perhaps you can clarify the true meaning of your words, because the interpretation seems to conflict with your intent:

... Also, the price tag, it just doesn't appeal to me. Don't get me wrong, the game is fun and it has its moments, but it's not a title that I can see a broader audience experiencing, especially with the price tag.
    Later in the video... you say:

... and if priced right, this title can be fun for gamers who enjoy non-traditional games.
    Help me out here. Unless your definition of "priced right" is... higher than $29.99, not really sure what the proper conclusion from your words should be.
    Posted on 06 June 17 at 22:10, Edited on 06 June 17 at 22:14 by WillCBlogsPermalink
    Help me out here. Unless your definition of "priced right" is... higher than $29.99, not really sure what the proper conclusion from your words should be.
    Yep smile. So when i'm saying the price doesn't appeal to me, I'm saying I personally couldn't see myself purchasing this title at the initial price. Content does match the price point in my opinion. Safe assumption that traditional gamers play typical games. Standard AAA FPS, Action-Adventure and so on. From their view, they may think "this game looks interesting" and have mediocre interest. Priced at $30 USD, this may sit on a wishlist because they value the game differently and may or may not purchase it on a future date. That varies on the player and gaming preference but then again thats depends on ones definition of a traditional gamer. Nonetheless, I never said the title is too much.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.