Game Discussion: Gears of War 4 Forum

Iron Man Mode

AuthorMessage
LibelousSiren86
206,359 TrueAchievement Points45 posts
Last post: 23 Jun at 11:24
Posted on 06 June 17 at 17:51
I hate to be the one to confirm it but after loading up the game it clearly states if you die you restart the whole game

Also for anyone wondering it's 20 cards to get from level 5 to level 6
MakeMeACoffee
442,708
MakeMeACoffee
Achievement Completion Percentage: 98.32% (Includes owned DLC) - 74 more achievements required to reach 99%288 completed games(Includes owned DLC)899 posts
Last post: 23 Jun at 21:04
Posted on 06 June 17 at 18:00
Does it allow saving? Or all in one sitting?
RIP Trueachievement App http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=491015
The SCHWARTZ 00
450,374 TrueAchievement Points782 posts
Last post: Today at 04:16
Posted on 06 June 17 at 18:26
All in one sitting.

No chapter select.
LibelousSiren86
206,359 TrueAchievement Points45 posts
Last post: 23 Jun at 11:24
Posted on 06 June 17 at 18:27
it does not have to be in one sitting, you can continue from checkpoints after quiting out I just tested this
JamP0und32
575,427
JamP0und32
TrueAchievements Moderator390 completed games(Includes owned DLC)4,896 posts
Last post: Today at 08:13
Posted on 06 June 17 at 18:30
So we can abuse cloud saves.
The SCHWARTZ 00
450,374 TrueAchievement Points782 posts
Last post: Today at 04:16
Posted on 06 June 17 at 18:38
LibelousSiren86 said:
it does not have to be in one sitting, you can continue from checkpoints after quiting out I just tested this
Well this is good news. But how will that work with online co-op? Would both​ players have to delete their saves and go offline or something?
MakeMeACoffee
442,708
MakeMeACoffee
Achievement Completion Percentage: 98.32% (Includes owned DLC) - 74 more achievements required to reach 99%288 completed games(Includes owned DLC)899 posts
Last post: 23 Jun at 21:04
Posted on 06 June 17 at 18:44
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
LibelousSiren86 said:
it does not have to be in one sitting, you can continue from checkpoints after quiting out I just tested this
Well this is good news. But how will that work with online co-op? Would both​ players have to delete their saves and go offline or something?
Always local coop in a pinch
RIP Trueachievement App http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=491015
LibelousSiren86
206,359 TrueAchievement Points45 posts
Last post: 23 Jun at 11:24
Posted on 06 June 17 at 18:50
MakeMeACoffee said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
LibelousSiren86 said:
it does not have to be in one sitting, you can continue from checkpoints after quiting out I just tested this
Well this is good news. But how will that work with online co-op? Would both​ players have to delete their saves and go offline or something?
Always local coop in a pinch
I don't know how this will work in online co-op but yes should work well in local co-op
LibelousSiren86
206,359 TrueAchievement Points45 posts
Last post: 23 Jun at 11:24
Posted on 06 June 17 at 18:51
I am sure someone will find a easy to get this
Groznia
240,921
Groznia
240,921 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 96.42% (Includes owned DLC) - 34 more achievements required to reach 97%282 posts
Last post: 15 Jun at 17:46
Posted on 06 June 17 at 19:15
I certainly hope so, the completionist in me has been raging since this update was revealed.
Michel
690,275
Michel
690,275 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 99.18% (Includes owned DLC) - 3 more achievements required to reach 99.2%554 posts
Last post: 20 Jun at 18:08
Posted on 06 June 17 at 19:40
LibelousSiren86 said:
I am sure someone will find a easy to get this
hope so... didn't want to play this game ever again
LibelousSiren86
206,359 TrueAchievement Points45 posts
Last post: 23 Jun at 11:24
Posted on 06 June 17 at 22:03
I am also wondering what happens if your the host and your partner dies do you get to continue
Assassin PlL
180,503
Assassin PlL
180,503 TrueAchievement Points15 posts
Last post: 06 Jun at 23:00
Posted on 06 June 17 at 23:00, Edited on 06 June 17 at 23:01 by Assassin PlL
LibelousSiren86 said:
I am also wondering what happens if your the host and your partner dies do you get to continue
I normal mode u need to load last checkpoint so on Ironman it definitely means start from beginning, lol.

I think the only way to get those ironman achievements in campaign ( for normal human being) is local co-op offline and going online to only get backup save. I'm just not sure how this exactly works.
Groznia
240,921
Groznia
240,921 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 96.42% (Includes owned DLC) - 34 more achievements required to reach 97%282 posts
Last post: 15 Jun at 17:46
Posted on 06 June 17 at 23:45, Edited on 06 June 17 at 23:46 by Groznia
In all the other games I've played Ironman has been an optional additional challenge without any achievements tied to it. This was the case with Wolfenstein the New Order and the Doom game from last year though in that one you just had to complete the first level on Ultra Nightmare which while painful was doable. Expecting someone to do that for the campaign much less in co-op is absurd. I may be preaching to the choir here but I can't stress enough how much this pisses me off and I know a lot of you feel the same.
The SCHWARTZ 00
450,374 TrueAchievement Points782 posts
Last post: Today at 04:16
Posted on 07 June 17 at 00:47
Groznia said:
In all the other games I've played Ironman has been an optional additional challenge without any achievements tied to it. This was the case with Wolfenstein the New Order and the Doom game from last year though in that one you just had to complete the first level on Ultra Nightmare which while painful was doable. Expecting someone to do that for the campaign much less in co-op is absurd. I may be preaching to the choir here but I can't stress enough how much this pisses me off and I know a lot of you feel the same.
it definitely sucks. Unless someone finds a cheese method, this is gonna be the ruination of my completion. Online co-op for this is absurd, BOTH players have to be absolutely perfect for 7+ hours laugh
Groznia
240,921
Groznia
240,921 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 96.42% (Includes owned DLC) - 34 more achievements required to reach 97%282 posts
Last post: 15 Jun at 17:46
Posted on 07 June 17 at 01:58
What if you saved your data on an external hard drive? Someone mentioned local/offline play. I've never done that on the Xbone before. I always thought you had to be connected to the internet to play xbox one. At least I've never been able to play any of my games when the internet was out. Its not quite the same as what you could do on the 360 right?
gamerboyTHXtss
TrueAchievement Ratio: 2.3908Achievement Completion Percentage: 94.23% (Includes owned DLC) - 114 more achievements required to reach 95%408 posts
Last post: 23 Jun at 21:19
Posted on 07 June 17 at 02:13
Groznia said:
What if you saved your data on an external hard drive? Someone mentioned local/offline play. I've never done that on the Xbone before. I always thought you had to be connected to the internet to play xbox one. At least I've never been able to play any of my games when the internet was out. Its not quite the same as what you could do on the 360 right?
How about just not die? Do it the way it was intended.
Whats ratio?
The SCHWARTZ 00
450,374 TrueAchievement Points782 posts
Last post: Today at 04:16
Posted on 07 June 17 at 03:00
gamerboyTHXtss said:
Groznia said:
What if you saved your data on an external hard drive? Someone mentioned local/offline play. I've never done that on the Xbone before. I always thought you had to be connected to the internet to play xbox one. At least I've never been able to play any of my games when the internet was out. Its not quite the same as what you could do on the 360 right?
How about just not die? Do it the way it was intended.
yeah I mean its just that simple. Don't die. Yeah. Over the course of an 8 hour campaign where one hit kills and cheap deaths abound. Awesome advice.
Groznia
240,921
Groznia
240,921 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 96.42% (Includes owned DLC) - 34 more achievements required to reach 97%282 posts
Last post: 15 Jun at 17:46
Posted on 07 June 17 at 03:14
gamerboyTHXtss said:
Groznia said:
What if you saved your data on an external hard drive? Someone mentioned local/offline play. I've never done that on the Xbone before. I always thought you had to be connected to the internet to play xbox one. At least I've never been able to play any of my games when the internet was out. Its not quite the same as what you could do on the 360 right?
How about just not die? Do it the way it was intended.
If I wanted to be preached to about what is right and wrong I'd go to church on Sunday. But I don't want to waste my time. Nor am I masochistic enough to actually try to complete a campaign where I could die due to any number of BS ways.

What are you going to do next? Tell me to earn all the multiplayer achievements in games legitimately? I seriously doubt you got your Gamerscore and TA Ratio without boosting some games. Which in short is not playing the game as it was intended. wink
JamP0und32
575,427
JamP0und32
TrueAchievements Moderator390 completed games(Includes owned DLC)4,896 posts
Last post: Today at 08:13
Posted on 07 June 17 at 03:53, Edited on 07 June 17 at 03:53 by JamP0und32
gamerboyTHXtss said:
Groznia said:
What if you saved your data on an external hard drive? Someone mentioned local/offline play. I've never done that on the Xbone before. I always thought you had to be connected to the internet to play xbox one. At least I've never been able to play any of my games when the internet was out. Its not quite the same as what you could do on the 360 right?
How about just not die? Do it the way it was intended.
Pretty sure I ran into you on gta 4, years ago when you were looking for a modder for wanted... So yeah, preach.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.