Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Overwatch Double XP Weekend

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 08 June 17 at 01:04
Earn double XP from nearly every source

Please click here to read the story: Overwatch Double XP Weekend
Woody Piddle
Woody Piddle
Posted on 08 June 17 at 01:07
Good for grinding out boxes...and these maps are awesome
C3LLDW3LLER
C3LLDW3LLER
Posted on 08 June 17 at 01:26
Got the game played like 20 mins so might play this at the weekend. If I can stop playing Skyrim.
IGutlessIWonder
Posted on 08 June 17 at 04:00
I swear I was thinking a few days ago about why double XP hadnt come to overwatch. If it had before I must have been playing something else. Hopefully get some more skins, especially since they're all legendaries.
The Gutless Wonder "Try not to understand anything I'm saying and it'll all make sense"
PointySpred
PointySpred
Posted on 08 June 17 at 04:51
The least they could do after they decreased the legendary drop rate for this event.
The difference between me and you? You don't think there's a difference between me and you.
Kexol
Kexol
Posted on 08 June 17 at 07:27
To be honest, I never understood why people got so upset over the drop rate for the anniversary boxes. Everybody shouldn't be able to get most of the skins/emotes from the event. It would make the event items look like commons lol
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 08 June 17 at 10:11
Nice, I need a little XP boost!
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 08 June 17 at 10:25
Double XP doesn't fix their discontinued achievements. I am a little surprised more gamer aren't upset about that.
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 08 June 17 at 11:50
MugenKairo said:
Double XP doesn't fix their discontinued achievements. I am a little surprised more gamer aren't upset about that.
They're supposedly seasonal, meaning the winter event and its achievements will return in winter etc. Not much different than a date-specific achievement (except you can't manually change the date on your console to get them) if that does end up being the case. I think people will feel a lot better about it once the first event returns and confirms they will be coming back. It's just if Blizzard is going to change their mind between then and now about it that has folks worried.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 08 June 17 at 12:05
So happy about this. Gotta grind those boxes XD.
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 08 June 17 at 12:41
MugenKairo said:
They're not discontinued, they're just cycling based on seasonal time. That's why the only people that are upset are the ones that don't know Blizzard has promised they would return.
PointySpred
PointySpred
Posted on 08 June 17 at 16:21
Kexol said:
To be honest, I never understood why people got so upset over the drop rate for the anniversary boxes. Everybody shouldn't be able to get most of the skins/emotes from the event. It would make the event items look like commons lol
The problem is, they further decreased the drop rate for anniversary exclusive items, compared to previous events. Other events had roughly 1 out of 10 chance to get an event item. For the anniversary event its closer to 1 out of 20. This was even confirmed by Blizzard. Which is crap considering this event has close to double the amount of exclusives than the previous events. And dont even get us started about the duplicate drop rate, once you get an event item.
The difference between me and you? You don't think there's a difference between me and you.
Caboose McCloud
Posted on 08 June 17 at 22:36
It's kind of funny they did this for the first time just as Battleborn goes free. Seems Blizzard really wants them to Fail. laugh
Sanada
Sanada
Posted on 09 June 17 at 03:31
Moldy Tacos5000 said:
MugenKairo said:
They're not discontinued, they're just cycling based on seasonal time. That's why the only people that are upset are the ones that don't know Blizzard has promised they would return.
They also don't know that Blizzard has been good about supporting such things for YEARS. It's better to complain in the forums every time one of these posts comes up. laugh

This couldn't have come at a better time! This event has so much stuff I want to get.
Killipo
Killipo
Posted on 09 June 17 at 22:25
Double EXP feels almost like triple with how less tedious it is. I'm getting more for losing than I would normally for winning.
PointySpred
PointySpred
Posted on 10 June 17 at 03:16
Killipo said:
Double EXP feels almost like triple with how less tedious it is. I'm getting more for losing than I would normally for winning.
No joke!!! Ranking up every 4-5 games with group bonus. This is a nice change of pace!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.