Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Victor Vran Review

• Posted on 08 June 17 at 13:54
    Geralt Vran... Victor of Rivia?

Please click here to read the story: Victor Vran Review
  • MalazanMalazan521,125
    Posted on 08 June 17 at 14:19
    I have this on Steam but never actually loaded it up! I really should put some time aside to do so!
    x
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,102,324
    Posted on 08 June 17 at 15:09
    I think I will try Van Helsing first...and then see if the genre appeals!
    Legohead 1977
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 June 17 at 15:24
    Legohead 1977 said:
    then do not try "Van Helsing" as it is not the best game in this genre
  • AlahertAlahert2,892,777
    Posted on 08 June 17 at 17:06
    Will play this soon!
  • KylKoKylKo1,874,779
    Posted on 08 June 17 at 17:15
    I rarely buy indie titles at full price, but the last time I did it was Livelock, a similar game to this one in terms of gameplay, and that was a fantastic choice. I just might go for it again. Thanks for the review!
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,099,943
    Posted on 08 June 17 at 18:21
    Isn't Livelock a top-down shooter?
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 08 June 17 at 20:09
    Cuthred said:
    Legohead 1977 said:
    +1 Van Helsing was ok, but not something to judge the genre or as a basis for this game. Only a few hours in, maybe 4, but so far enjoying it. Am a big fan of Diablo 3, this is very close with some adjustments to make it it's own. At only $20 for the base game, definitely worth it.
    Thin Blue Line
  • KylKoKylKo1,874,779
    Posted on 08 June 17 at 20:12
    Shinnizle said:
    Isn't Livelock a top-down shooter?
    Yeah, and so is this. I guess it could be more of a top-down sword-slasher depending on your playstyle, but Livelock could be that too.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,666,547
    Posted on 08 June 17 at 22:41
    Cuthred said:
    Legohead 1977 said:
    Indeed. You'd be better off trying Sacred 2 or Diablo 3, as they are much better games. I'm quite partial to Sacred 2, but it has it's share of technical issues. Diablo 3 is much more polished.

If you're looking for something that doesn't take as long, Torchlight or Dungeon Siege 3 would be good choices. I prefer DS3, but it'd be a longer completion than Torchlight. Torchlight can be finished in about 10-15 hours if I remember right.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • Posted on 10 June 17 at 20:12
    I would have to say that this game does not have "occasional lag". When you get further into the game, slow down is a common issue whenever there are many objects on the screen. It is also prone to randomly freezing and forcing you to close the game and redo whatever it is you were up to. The freezing happens fairly rarely at first but once again, later into the game it starts to happen every 20 minutes or so making some of the longer levels very frustrating to complete.
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,102,324
    Posted on 12 June 17 at 09:59
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    Cuthred said:
    Legohead 1977 said:
    Indeed. You'd be better off trying Sacred 2 or Diablo 3, as they are much better games. I'm quite partial to Sacred 2, but it has it's share of technical issues. Diablo 3 is much more polished.

If you're looking for something that doesn't take as long, Torchlight or Dungeon Siege 3 would be good choices. I prefer DS3, but it'd be a longer completion than Torchlight. Torchlight can be finished in about 10-15 hours if I remember right.
    I have Torchlight, so I'll take your advice...it was more to see if I enjoyed the style, but I always appreciate assistance from people with greater knowledge. Thanks,
    Legohead 1977
  • TriRockTriRock3,217,772
    Posted on 12 June 17 at 13:12
    I have much less lag than game-breaking freezes.
  • Posted on 13 June 17 at 01:00
    They have confirmed the issues on their twitter and through DM. The next patch should address many of the issues people are having. Just as an example, HUD resizing will be available in the upcoming patch which should fix any problems people are having with the very bottom of the HUD being cut off.
  • Posted on 15 June 17 at 15:27
    Legohead 1977 said:
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    Cuthred said:
    Legohead 1977 said:

I have Torchlight, so I'll take your advice...it was more to see if I enjoyed the style, but I always appreciate assistance from people with greater knowledge. Thanks,
    I definitely second the Torchlight and Sacred 2 recommendations, both are really fun games. Van Helsing was certainly fun but Diablo 3, Torchlight and Sacred 2 were all more enjoyable for me.
  • Goggs25Goggs252,045,402
    Posted on 03 July 17 at 12:10
    this game is basic for a rpg level up system is pointless, most of the armour don't offer any defence destiny cards that are crap since u can only have 6 or 7 on at the same time, normal difficulty is too hard some of the enemies are over powered then you have the useless legendary weapons that do less damage then yellow weapons
    Goggs25
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,666,547
    Posted on 03 July 17 at 21:24
    Normal difficulty isn't too hard, the game just requires micro instead of standing still and holding the attack button until everything dies.

One of these days I'll finish it...just not in a hurry since it's like Diablo with all the fun sucked out of it. And you're right about it being pretty basic.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads