Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox E3 MixPot Revealed, Offer Extended

• Mr GimpsonMr Gimpson236,338
    Posted on 13 June 17 at 13:01Permalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    If you read the other comments, some people have discussed this and the answer you seek shall be found.
    Chill out, Dungeon Master
  • Posted on 13 June 17 at 14:29Permalink
    Rare Replay downloading right now. Awesome!
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant444,726
    Posted on 13 June 17 at 14:42Permalink
    Mr Gimpson said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    If you read the other comments, some people have discussed this and the answer you seek shall be found.
    Chill out, Dungeon Master
    Go back two steps.
  • ukinsproukinspro1,228,769
    Posted on 13 June 17 at 15:18Permalink
    EYEHUNTER 42 said:
    So does anyone know how much of this we need to watch? All three hours of one episode?
    I watched maybe the last 20 minutes via Mixer on Sunday night on the xbox one. When I switched on Monday they started downloading.

I saw no notifications during the stream.

All I'd say is ensure you open mixer first then find the stream you want. This maybe the only way to do it, but no harm in reiterating.
  • Goggs25Goggs251,101,104
    Posted on 13 June 17 at 15:19Permalink
    i'll pass mixer is a load of pointless crap and the free games/dlc is not much better
    Goggs25
  • Posted on 13 June 17 at 18:45Permalink
    Harley Quinn000 said:
    Do you have to watch the whole thing? I could only "hear" the Xbox stream of it and then went to ign for the stream.
    EvergreenRacoon said:
    I didn't watch the briefing from the beginning and I got messages saying I received Rare Replay and The Final Station.smile

Apparently, I've also got No Time to Explain. On the Xbox app (iOS), all three games say "Bought on 12/06".
    I haven't got any of that on my mixer app or anything on my Xbox ready to download page. I contacted mixer on twitter multiple times and haven't got anything yet.
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666160,963
    Posted on 13 June 17 at 20:44Permalink
    I've been watching all day with my xbox login on the website, and nothing.
  • Posted on 13 June 17 at 21:11Permalink
    Yeah how are people getting Rare Replay? I have watched parts of the streams for the last 3 days, & just watched it on my xbox one. I still don't see any of the games in my ready to install list.
  • Posted on 13 June 17 at 21:41, Edited on 13 June 17 at 23:27 by SpudimusPrime89Permalink
    How do you get the rewards, does Microsoft send you the codes?

EDIT: Nevermind, they just showed up in my Ready to Install.
  • Tatl360Tatl360207,656
    Posted on 13 June 17 at 23:15Permalink
    I'm really impressed in how they sold this mixer app to Microsoft.

It's horrible. Worst app ever. I may be missing something. Why Microsoft bought this...
  • AchtiAchti506,299
    Posted on 13 June 17 at 23:31Permalink
    Do they send out the codes in waves? Only got rare replay. No, No time to explain and the final station. cry
  • AchtiAchti506,299
    Posted on 13 June 17 at 23:35Permalink
    Achti said:
    Do they send out the codes in waves? Only got rare replay. No, No time to explain and the final station. cry
    Looks like they come in waves and that they dont unlock all at the same time. Just got a notification that forza war hog is ready to be downloaded
  • Posted on 14 June 17 at 00:09Permalink
    It was painful watching those Daily Xbox shows but worth it for the free stuff. I just got mine.

I don't know if it matters or not, but my level for my account was Level 15 when they gave me the free stuff.
  • KY PRO 2008KY PRO 2008845,736
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 00:20Permalink
    i got all but final station
  • Posted on 14 June 17 at 01:11Permalink
    It worked pretty good for me. I could see it was linked because I watched the sony one on my xbox and was logged into the computer and could see the xp ticking up. I left it logged on for the computer and in mixer.com/xbox since last night on one of my tabs. Just in case, while I was at work, I also logged in on my tabs there at around 1pm when it said the start was. I just minimized because I was busy. When I got home and turned on my xbox, it notified me. I went to my games and apps, under ready to install and a bunch of new stuff was there. Keep in mind The Final Station starts with T.
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666160,963
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 02:17Permalink
    Tatl360 said:

It's horrible. Worst app ever. I may be missing something. Why Microsoft bought this...
    Yeah, I really dislike it. I also really don't understand why microsoft felt the need to try and push a third streaming app. Twitch already dominates, and youtube has a pretty large streaming audience. Aside from xbox users (because it's being shoved down our throats), I don't really see mixer/beam doing very well.
  • Posted on 14 June 17 at 02:28Permalink
    Zorlac0666 said:
    Tatl360 said:

Yeah, I really dislike it. I also really don't understand why microsoft felt the need to try and push a third streaming app. Twitch already dominates, and youtube has a pretty large streaming audience. Aside from xbox users (because it's being shoved down our throats), I don't really see mixer/beam doing very well.
    My guess? Microsoft was able to buy Beam for peanuts (the company only launched 7 months before Microsoft bought it, and had raised less than $500,000 in seed money at the time, so they couldn't have spent more than $2 million on it and that is probably over value). They probably figured they could license out the tech at some point (whether to other video game streaming services or even live sports/entertainment streaming), bringing in well over that, and figured it was worth testing the waters to see if they could happen to break into the market as well.

I figure they won't, but it's cheap enough that the risk-reward is in their favor to try.
  • Posted on 14 June 17 at 02:36Permalink
    I got all of the items today, but no message. They just appeared in my ready to install. Level 9 on mixer.
    GremlinLord615-Always willing if you're nice.
  • rumblesrumbles338,438
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 08:01Permalink
    I've got the free stuffs now.

I watched 20 mins Sunday, then left it on Mon and Tues going from level 0 to 33 on mixer! Signed in with my MS account.

Received 0 notifications on mixer but found all items were purchased today when searching for them in the store.

Had to change to US store to see info for Final Station but it was still saying purchased today.

If you've not received your stuff yet be patient, you'll get it.
  • GJChesterGJChester166,259
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 11:05Permalink
    GJChester said:
    left my pc on last night (it way to late for me in the UK on a work night) but nothing showed up yet. Not sure if I need to be active in the session or its taking a while to add them
    Nevermind. Booted the XB1 this morning and they were all installed overnight clap
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.