Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox E3 MixPot Revealed, Offer Extended

• Dragonborn GearDragonborn Gear1,048,255
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 11:21, Edited on 14 June 17 at 11:23 by Dragonborn GearPermalink
    LovelyBirch said:
    NerD Paladin said:
    MAJORPOOPY said:
    NerD Paladin said:
    Doesn't Rare Replay have quite a few none attainable Achievements on it?
    No, they're all attainable. 107 people have completed it.
    Ah ok I just remember I was speaking to a few lads the other day and they was saying how some was none attainable, but they must of been confused with another game then :)
    There is a unobtainable in Rare replay as the game also gives you a number of 360 games and one of those is Viva piñata and in that game unless you have a "Xbox 360 live Cam" you cannot get one of the achievements.

If I am wrong please explain why as I am not planning on starting that game unless I know I can get that achievement
    That doesn't make it "unobtainable"... It just means it requires a peripheral (and the copy of the game on the Xbox 360, which I bought in preparation of buying Rare Replay). Besides, Rare Replay is an independent game that only requires 75% of all the external Xbox 360 games to be completed. Therefore, Rare Replay does not even require this achievement. I completed Rare Replay 100% less the hardest PDZ and PD achievements simply because I don't want to get good at those two games (too many other games in the backlog for me to want to have those two bog me down). It's also worth noting that there are multiplayer achievements across the games that require help from specific people (viral achievements and the Famous Piñata achievement in VP TiP).

With the vision camera, TiP only takes like 15 hours to complete vs the 50 hrs it might take otherwise since you can just scan in all the Piñatas you need.
  • Posted on 14 June 17 at 13:21Permalink
    I got Rare Replay, The Final Station and the Halo Warthog for watching the E3 stream. No emails/codes - just the notifications in the top right of the Mixer website. Don't have an Xbox One yet but I've checked xbox.com and it says I now own the two games - although I can't find a link to check the Halo Warthog download - anyone got one?

Since then I've been watching the daily streams but nothing else yet. Did anyone else receive a few bits right away and then another batch a few days later?

Wondering if the other stuff I'm missing is going to be coming, or it that's my lot? Or if I need to start contacting Microsoft?

Anyone heard anything?
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou191,766
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 14:13, Edited on 14 June 17 at 14:15 by SheBeatsYouPermalink
    MasterChief Tom said:
    I got Rare Replay, The Final Station and the Halo Warthog for watching the E3 stream. No emails/codes - just the notifications in the top right of the Mixer website. Don't have an Xbox One yet but I've checked xbox.com and it says I now own the two games - although I can't find a link to check the Halo Warthog download - anyone got one?

Since then I've been watching the daily streams but nothing else yet. Did anyone else receive a few bits right away and then another batch a few days later?

Wondering if the other stuff I'm missing is going to be coming, or it that's my lot? Or if I need to start contacting Microsoft?

Anyone heard anything?
    I'm not sure how its gonna be shown without a ONE but yesterday i was on xbox one and everything was in my cue downloading automatically so in my case i got everything all at once was 3 games and 4 DLC if i remember correctly.
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator172,958
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 14:35, Edited on 14 June 17 at 14:36 by V3ntilatorPermalink
    Yin said:
    Rare Replay is a ton of fun, but be wary that it's a pretty lengthy completion. Plus, you'll have to spend at least a week boosting Perfect Dark Zero (yawn).
    I remember that most of those achievements is a grindfest.
    Not worth the time.

Anyway. I owned Rare Replay on retail, but free version benefits me anyway.
    No need to insert disc anymore.

BTW: All freebies including DLC was already on my account within 30 mins after show, and auto downloading.
  • CoveredTen3CoveredTen3123,781
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 15:01Permalink
    MasterChief Tom said:

Anyone heard anything?
    Same here...i got the same stuff and not all the others...i don't have an xbox one yet but this should not be an issue, they should be visible at download queue as the others are.
  • TVippyTVippy28,857
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 15:03Permalink
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    CR4SHED said:
    Does anyone know why there appear to be so many versions of some of the games that unlocked?

Viva Pinata for example, has the version in Rare Replay, another version, and a third version with the "Rare Replay" heading on the title...
    In Rare Replay you see all 30 games but everything that's a N64 game or newer needs its own game you have to download to play it. So after you download the actual Rare Replay and you wanted to play Perfect Dark for example you would need to download Perfect Dark game. Then if you select Perfect Dark from the Rare Replay menu it kicks you out of Rare Replay and plays the Perfect Dark game. That's why you have two Perfect Darks, two Viva Pinata's and everything else.
    Hm... they made an extremely UNTIDY collection.
    I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
  • TVippyTVippy28,857
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 15:07Permalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    I wish these games were sent as codes, rather than added to my account. I have no interest in any of the Rare Replay except the Viva Pinata games, which I already own, and no interest in No Time to Explain or The Final Station. Could have given it to someone that missed out.

Already removed them all from my ready to install list and won`t be adding them to My Game Collection. Not hating on the freebies, just of no use to me.

You win some, you lose some.
    How are you able to remove them from the "Ready To Install" List?
    I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
  • TVippyTVippy28,857
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 15:09Permalink
    Harley Quinn000 said:
    Do you have to watch the whole thing? I could only "hear" the Xbox stream of it and then went to ign for the stream.
    You don't have to watch the whole thing. 5 Mins (maybe far less) is enough.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle761,366
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 15:11Permalink
    TVippy said:
    cn_start - Hide from list
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • TVippyTVippy28,857
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 15:11Permalink
    My question is: can you get the freebies via watching these Daily Shows on Mixer.com on your PC (with Xbox account attached, of course)?
  • TVippyTVippy28,857
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 15:21Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    TVippy said:
    cn_start - Hide from list
    Interesting. smile
  • TVippyTVippy28,857
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 15:33Permalink
    A Guy Who Lived said:
    Yeah how are people getting Rare Replay? I have watched parts of the streams for the last 3 days, & just watched it on my xbox one. I still don't see any of the games in my ready to install list.
    Same. Try going into the store and see if you "bought" them.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle761,366
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 15:34, Edited on 14 June 17 at 15:34 by ShinnizlePermalink
    TVippy said:
    Interesting. smile
    My list would be a clusterfuck without that feature.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 14 June 17 at 16:01Permalink
    CoveredTen3 said:
    MasterChief Tom said:

Anyone heard anything?
    Same here...i got the same stuff and not all the others...i don't have an xbox one yet but this should not be an issue, they should be visible at download queue as the others are.
    As I say, I don't have an Xbox One yet either but what you say can't be right... if xbox.com doesn't say "You own this content", it won't be waiting in the ready to install/download queue section when we finally get the console.
  • Posted on 14 June 17 at 16:02Permalink
    TVippy said:
    My question is: can you get the freebies via watching these Daily Shows on Mixer.com on your PC (with Xbox account attached, of course)?
    Good question but I suspect "yes".

I watched the E3 show on Sunday on the website on PC and I got 3 out of 7 freebies so assume the daily shows are the same.
  • Posted on 14 June 17 at 16:16, Edited on 14 June 17 at 16:18 by TurtleHermit0Permalink
    TVippy said:
    Yes, i did exactly this. I watched the daily shows live on mixer.com on my laptop and got the games and DLC a few hours after the stream finished.
  • lightsup55lightsup55215,426
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 17:33, Edited on 14 June 17 at 17:34 by lightsup55Permalink
    TVippy said:
    With your Microsoft / Xbox Live account attached to your Mixer/Beam account, you can watch it via:

- https://mixer.com/Xbox
    - Xbox One app (channel: Xbox)
    - iOS app (channel: Xbox)
    - Android app (channel: Xbox)

They do not have an app for Windows or Windows Phone that I know of... yet.
  • AntonysjAntonysj252,192
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 19:15Permalink
    Strange, I didn't have my account linked when I watched the briefing on Mixer, and haven't caught any Daily Shows, but all the Rewards are in my Ready to Install. They were there before I linked my account aswell. Still, a nice reward for watching the Show!
    Do what you've always done. Get what you've always got.
  • Posted on 14 June 17 at 21:00Permalink
    TVippy said:
    A Guy Who Lived said:
    Yeah how are people getting Rare Replay? I have watched parts of the streams for the last 3 days, & just watched it on my xbox one. I still don't see any of the games in my ready to install list.
    Same. Try going into the store and see if you "bought" them.
    They all appeared in my ready to install list about an hour after I watched 5 mins of the stream on my Xbox One thru the mixer app. Watching it on your Xbox One seems to be the best way to unlock them the quickest.
  • Frantic4Frantic4266,370
    Posted on 14 June 17 at 22:43Permalink
    I've been catching a bit every day so far with a linked Mixer account and still haven't received anything yet.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.