Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Friday the 13th: The Game Xbox Matchmaking Update

AuthorMessage
Luc1d Dreaming
Posted on 15 June 17 at 11:18
Future updates to address more exploits and griefing

Please click here to read the story: Friday the 13th: The Game Xbox Matchmaking Update

Credit goes to JORDANQUAKE4 for this story
Efford
Efford
Posted on 15 June 17 at 11:48
This update is making this game very tempting
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 15 June 17 at 11:52
I have been watching streams on Mixer and while I am really tempted to buy, knowing the game still has some issues (unless this update fixes everything) and the cost of the game is over $50, it will have to wait for a sale.
Moo Moo Dairy
Moo Moo Dairy
Posted on 15 June 17 at 11:55
The game is $40 and completely worth it
WillCBlogs
WillCBlogs
Posted on 15 June 17 at 11:59
Glad most people like it. I'm a fan of Friday the 13th (the film) and I thought I would be a fan of the game as well. Sadly, it just doesn't do it for me.
Lyzyrd
Lyzyrd
Posted on 15 June 17 at 12:07
The game is a lot of fun, as long as you don't get hosts that get all butt hurt when they lose and kick you or drop. This is USUALLY averted by using LFG to find game matches instead of the built in Quick Play.
Siduakal77
Siduakal77
Posted on 15 June 17 at 12:32
I rarely post, but I enjoy this game enough that I want to let people know:

This patch made a massive difference to finding games. Once you play a game, you'll be in love. It's a different experience as various Jason's and as counselors. It's fun through different play throughs, even when you die (or fail as Jason). The community jokes and has fun spectating once they're out of it.
Jiggy The Poo
Jiggy The Poo
Posted on 15 June 17 at 13:09
Increased betrayal penalty from -200 XP to -1000 XP per kill

Ha! I played for about 2 hours before a crash, and nobody was team killing. Those penalties killed all that stuff out. So most likely, if you kill someone, you're gonna owe XP.
Jiggy The Poo
Jiggy The Poo
Posted on 15 June 17 at 13:10
Siduakal77 said:
I rarely post, but I enjoy this game enough that I want to let people know:

This patch made a massive difference to finding games. Once you play a game, you'll be in love. It's a different experience as various Jason's and as counselors. It's fun through different play throughs, even when you die (or fail as Jason). The community jokes and has fun spectating once they're out of it.
Agree 100%
LizardKingv666
Posted on 15 June 17 at 13:22
Great to see that the game is finally there!!
BudgetBallin360
Posted on 15 June 17 at 13:35
Moo Moo Dairy said:
The game is $40 and completely worth it
Agreed! I don't regret my purchase.
AeriBouS
AeriBouS
Posted on 15 June 17 at 13:47
This game is totally worth the $40. Gun should be a shining example on how to fix a launch crisis and communicate with the public.
I wrote here once on accident and this is what I wrote to never see the original post again.
CounterInsurgnt
Posted on 15 June 17 at 14:15
Lyzyrd said:
The game is a lot of fun, as long as you don't get hosts that get all butt hurt when they lose and kick you or drop. This is USUALLY averted by using LFG to find game matches instead of the built in Quick Play.
So bad programming then is what your saying.

Sounds like incompetence to me.

If your host and you quit or drop....one hour no play penalty.

Second time...1 day

Third time 1 week.

Fourth time 1 month.

Also every drop or quit....10,000 xp loss.

Problem solved.
MrEscience3000
Posted on 15 June 17 at 14:17
Back from the dead, just like Jason...toast
Just repeat to yourself it's just a game, I should really just relax.
Sniff this unit
Posted on 15 June 17 at 14:23
CounterInsurgnt said:
Lyzyrd said:

Second time...1 day

Third time 1 week.

Fourth time 1 month.

Problem solved.
Its already been proven by League of Legends that ludacris time penalties from a game doesnt solve the quitters issue...they lost thousands of players when Dunkey was banned...which is also a microtransactions but that is also a different type of game...they just move onto a different game which is what developers dont want...they want you to come back..the smaller 10 minute to 1 hour penalties work much better because itll piss you off but you are much more likely to come back and play after that 1 hour than 1 month...theyve put hundreds of thousand of hours into research for it and wrote a massive article on it
Mysterio400
Mysterio400
Posted on 15 June 17 at 14:56
CounterInsurgnt said:
Lyzyrd said:

Second time...1 day

Third time 1 week.

Fourth time 1 month.

Problem solved.
With how frequently this game just crashes out at random, that would be simply terrible. When it was just me and 2 other guys boosting, it would crash out on one of us every 3-4 matches easily.
CounterInsurgnt
Posted on 15 June 17 at 15:09
Mysterio400 said:
CounterInsurgnt said:
Lyzyrd said:

Second time...1 day

Third time 1 week.

Fourth time 1 month.

Problem solved.
With how frequently this game just crashes out at random, that would be simply terrible. When it was just me and 2 other guys boosting, it would crash out on one of us every 3-4 matches easily.
Right, but the game was patched to fix such issues, they need to add penalties imo once the patch proves perfect or again patch to fix and then add penalties.
CounterInsurgnt
Posted on 15 June 17 at 15:10
Mysterio400 said:
CounterInsurgnt said:
Lyzyrd said:

Second time...1 day

Third time 1 week.

Fourth time 1 month.

Problem solved.
1 hour is fine with me, right now there is no penalties, not acceptable.
Mysterio400
Mysterio400
Posted on 15 June 17 at 15:20, Edited on 15 June 17 at 15:20 by Mysterio400
CounterInsurgnt said:
Mysterio400 said:
CounterInsurgnt said:
Lyzyrd said:

Second time...1 day

Third time 1 week.

Fourth time 1 month.

Problem solved.
1 hour is fine with me, right now there is no penalties, not acceptable.
So if someone gets killed 1 minute into the match during which they were randomly selected to be the host they should then be forced to just wait up to 19 minutes for the game to end so they can play again or else be punished? That's insane. If they want to leave, let them. They played their part. Game should just be set to make a new person the host if the current one leaves. Don't punish the players because the game designers screwed up.
lazyGATORgaming
Posted on 15 June 17 at 15:43
love this game and am on all the time but for me the patch didnt fix anything, it just added new issues..
I have yet to get in a Quick Play match that wasnt just myself in the lobby, my car randomly flipped without touching anything, there was one game I was in where there was 4 guys around me and as we were about to fix the car all 4 dropped out at the same exact instance and that happened in multiple games

that being said I still LOVE this game and will continue my non stop play

and to the above poster I agree that the game should be made to migrate the host but it isnt so yes if the host quits they should be penalized
-The Deve
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.