Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Friday the 13th: The Game Xbox Matchmaking Update

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 15 June 17 at 15:53
This game is basically excellent now. If it launched this way my review would've been a 4 or 4.5/5. Lovely of them to stick with it and fix so much so quickly. The game will have legs now.
Dabigamc
Dabigamc
Posted on 15 June 17 at 17:28
CounterInsurgnt said:
Lyzyrd said:
The game is a lot of fun, as long as you don't get hosts that get all butt hurt when they lose and kick you or drop. This is USUALLY averted by using LFG to find game matches instead of the built in Quick Play.
So bad programming then is what your saying.

Sounds like incompetence to me.

If your host and you quit or drop....one hour no play penalty.

Second time...1 day

Third time 1 week.

Fourth time 1 month.

Also every drop or quit....10,000 xp loss.

Problem solved.
These time periods are ridiculous for any game, nevermind an online only game. People have paid there money for the game so if they want to leave after dying that is up to them. They should just have host migration.

Situations come up all the time when people have to leave a game and anything more than an hour is harsh IMO. Then there is the whole lagging out that cannot be helped as it just happens sometimes. Lose connection twice in a day and your banned for a day? Just no.
Mr Abductor
Mr Abductor
Posted on 15 June 17 at 17:43
Lord how rough was the game when it released because the amount of fixes they listed in this patch and the previous is enough to fill up a fucking novel.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 15 June 17 at 17:46
Mr Abductor said:
Lord how rough was the game when it released because the amount of fixes they listed in this patch and the previous is enough to fill up a fucking novel.
It was very rough. Unplayable briefly, then a bit better. By now it's fantastic. If you can forgive the broken launch it's really an awesome game. I say this as someone who seldom plays multiplayer too. It's really caught me. I wish I had more time for it lately.
CounterInsurgnt
Posted on 15 June 17 at 18:13
Dabigamc said:
CounterInsurgnt said:
Lyzyrd said:
The game is a lot of fun, as long as you don't get hosts that get all butt hurt when they lose and kick you or drop. This is USUALLY averted by using LFG to find game matches instead of the built in Quick Play.
So bad programming then is what your saying.

Sounds like incompetence to me.

If your host and you quit or drop....one hour no play penalty.

Second time...1 day

Third time 1 week.

Fourth time 1 month.

Also every drop or quit....10,000 xp loss.

Problem solved.
These time periods are ridiculous for any game, nevermind an online only game. People have paid there money for the game so if they want to leave after dying that is up to them. They should just have host migration.

Situations come up all the time when people have to leave a game and anything more than an hour is harsh IMO. Then there is the whole lagging out that cannot be helped as it just happens sometimes. Lose connection twice in a day and your banned for a day? Just no.
As I said, id be ok with a one hour penalty each disconnect. Unfortunately when you have quitters who quit simply because they lose you need to spank them like the little children they are.

Host migration fine...is it in the game? No. Will it ever be? Who knows. Fixes need to be made one way or the other.
ScoobyDoobyD0nt
Posted on 15 June 17 at 18:37
i find this game quite amusing, just playing with a friend and myself (we couldn't get matchmaking to work.) Now that the issue should be resolved, I'm excited to see how playing with 7 other people turns out. Can't wait! i love this game!
Cheezy Cheezes
Posted on 15 June 17 at 19:41
I have already logged 32 hours of total play time in this one, and have only had it for 5 days. Even after this update, the game continuously crashes. I love the game, but i think i'm going to stop playing until they fix it entirely.
DeafGhostbuster
Posted on 16 June 17 at 02:54
Does anybody know if they fixed the issues with Quick Play not working?
FoRty9
FoRty9
Posted on 17 June 17 at 17:11
Confirmed: The game is still a broken mess, despite the recent patch they released.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 17 June 17 at 17:22
FoRty9 said:
Confirmed: The game is still a broken mess, despite the recent patch they released.
What's been your experience since the patch released?
FoRty9
FoRty9
Posted on 18 June 17 at 00:45
My experience since the patch went live has been being put into servers by myself 3-4 times before it eventually puts me into a full lobby and getting booted to the main menu/dashboard once every 2-3 games I get in.

I probably won't be touching the game again until they fix the majority of these issues. I'll probably be waiting a while.
FoRty9
FoRty9
Posted on 19 June 17 at 14:09
I managed to get quite a few games in late last night and early this morning but I'm still running into the same problems. It takes a good 5+ minutes to get into a full lobby and every 3-4 games, without fail, I get booted out mid-game or get sent to the dashboard.

The game is so much fun when it actually works. Hopefully they release another patch soon that completely mends the matchmaking and resolves the booting every couple of games because at the minute you can't play the game for more than 30/40 minutes, and then you're demotivated again from getting kicked mid-game.
El Diablo Queso
Posted on 26 June 17 at 19:08
I like this game a lot but I spend most of my time looking for games and when I do find them there is a 50/50 chance it will crash or host will quit.

Not sure if private matches are better.

If anyone is looking for people, shoot me an invite. I can get on mic and would like to get 100% on this but I know it will a rough grind.
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 29 June 17 at 17:50
My mic works in other games but not this one, I simply don't get it.

This game needs another month or two of polishing.
bps21
bps21
Posted on 02 July 17 at 15:50
Still haven't gotten into one game.

Not one.
CounterInsurgnt
Posted on 03 July 17 at 04:43
Anyone else think this game will be $19.99 in no time?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.