Game Discussion: Gears of War 4 Forum

Snatcher Glitch Campaign

AuthorMessage
Tucky90
Tucky90
Posted on 17 June 17 at 23:59
Hey

Has anyone encountered/found a solution to the Snatcher glitch at the end of Act 3 (where it becomes invincible and cannot be killed).

Really don't want to have to go through it again only to have it glitch again.
SkinnyBin
SkinnyBin
Posted on 18 June 17 at 00:14, Edited on 18 June 17 at 00:15 by SkinnyBin
There's no solution that I'm aware of unfortunately.

If you're on iron man I suggest, next time you get that far, that you just back the save up a bit earlier in the chapter, then if it does break, you can re download it from the cloud and try again.

Also advisable to do this for the end of Act 3 Chapter 3 (At the doorstep) which also has a bug that stops you from proceeding.

I hit both these glitches on two separate iron man runs. Third time was a charm today luckily!

Good Luck!
Tucky90
Tucky90
Posted on 18 June 17 at 00:40
I think this is the closest I have come to giving up on a game series I have really enjoyed over the years. TC doing everything in its power to ruin the game, to list some examples,

Micro-transactions - Bullshit in a full retail priced game - END OF
Nerved skills - Like turrets. This strategy was perfectly legal and used no glitches yet they nerved them into oblivion so now they are more useless then somebody idling.
Fixes - They patch anything that gives players and advantage but ASAP but haven't fixed some common problems that people have been reporting as early as release day.
Pointless DLC - You know what people love in DLC, when you take 5 achievements from the main game and just copy them but on a different difficulty, The charge £40 for a season pass that offers some maps (which are just re-used from previous games).

Also an issue I had from Judgement that they kept for this is DBNO on Insane. I get that it is suppose to be hard but taking out DBNO makes playing Co-op pointless (something I have always enjoyed doing with a close friend).
kestrel musa3rd
Posted on 18 June 17 at 15:59
Hello to save your ironman progress on invincible snatcher at 3.6 pause game go offline ironman is automatically off offline reload chapter fight a him meet marcus on 4.1 go online ironman is back but if you finish game 3.6 will not have the hardcore chainsaw ironman symbol play the Game again achievement pops when meet marcus or jump to afriends game of he is on 3.6
kestrel musa3rd
Posted on 18 June 17 at 19:22
my save was local coop maintag hardcore dummy account casual onlne coop try splitscreen good luck
kestrel musa3rd
Posted on 19 June 17 at 00:34
Final note option for checkpoint reload only happens if You unpause and immediatly pressing Pause again while offline
Tucky90
Tucky90
Posted on 19 June 17 at 01:09
kestrel musa3rd said:
Final note option for checkpoint reload only happens if You unpause and immediatly pressing Pause again while offline
Cheers for the suggestions, in the end we have decided to just start over, deaths aren't really a problem and we got through it for my co-op partner in 6 hours today.
DEMOLITIONZ27
DEMOLITIONZ27
Posted on 19 June 17 at 03:08
Same thing happened to me. Dumb question probably, but does deleting the save from your console twice do anything?
Tucky90
Tucky90
Posted on 19 June 17 at 15:46
DEMOLITIONZ27 said:
Same thing happened to me. Dumb question probably, but does deleting the save from your console twice do anything?
Unfortunately no, It really is just a case of start from the beginning and hope. If you aggressive play you can get back there in 3 hours.
FoRty9
FoRty9
Posted on 21 June 17 at 19:03
This is an absolute joke. How does a glitch like this even exist?
DeceptiveTen
DeceptiveTen
Posted on 22 June 17 at 20:50
The Glitch happens when you jump down into the pit to fight the snatcher and then save your game by going back to the main menu. That's what happened to me, Just save before you get there and by doing so we had no problem.

The reason for it is when you exit out into the pit its like you already started the fight and he gets stuck in the hole he jumps out of. We tried to get a work around for the Glitch but with no success Hell we tried everything
deceptiveten
Tucky90
Tucky90
Posted on 24 June 17 at 01:34
DeceptiveTen said:
The Glitch happens when you jump down into the pit to fight the snatcher and then save your game by going back to the main menu. That's what happened to me, Just save before you get there and by doing so we had no problem.

The reason for it is when you exit out into the pit its like you already started the fight and he gets stuck in the hole he jumps out of. We tried to get a work around for the Glitch but with no success Hell we tried everything
Yeah we decided on our 2nd run to save it sooner and didn't encounter the problem, although there were plenty of other problems, including another near game breaking glitch on the lift escape.
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 24 June 17 at 02:09, Edited on 24 June 17 at 02:11 by JamP0und32
DeceptiveTen said:

It can still glitch at random. I was playing through and died the first time in that fight, had to dash and delete my save. When I retried it, it was glitched. Save was before getting into the pit.
DeceptiveTen
DeceptiveTen
Posted on 25 June 17 at 18:35
JamP0und32 said:
DeceptiveTen said:

It can still glitch at random. I was playing through and died the first time in that fight, had to dash and delete my save. When I retried it, it was glitched. Save was before getting into the pit.
Well then don't die in the pit laugh Then it has something to do when you jump into that pit it's like it messes with the save. Did your Snatcher get stuck where it comes out? Because to me it's like it saves as if it's still in the fighting scene.

When I hear about a glitch like this I let the cut scene play out but for some reason on this one instead of playing the cut scene it just jumped right into the fight which I thought was kinda off never seen that before and that's where my glitch happened I never died.

We need more detailed information on how and when this happens to other people
deceptiveten
o8oCHAINSAWo8o
Posted on 25 June 17 at 19:37, Edited on 25 June 17 at 19:38 by o8oCHAINSAWo8o
I believe I found a solution. I can't 100% confirm yet, but if this happens, pause the game when the game loads, go offline, and it will kick you off ironman. After unpausing and repausing the game, it will give you the option to restart chapter. DO IT! After chapter restarts, exit to main menu. After that, go back online, and click CONTINUE on your campaign save. It will load from chapter start with ironman ON. I don't know if the achievement will pop yet, but will update when I find out.
Tucky90
Tucky90
Posted on 25 June 17 at 19:48
o8oCHAINSAWo8o said:
I believe I found a solution. I can't 100% confirm yet, but if this happens, pause the game when the game loads, go offline, and it will kick you off ironman. After unpausing and repausing the game, it will give you the option to restart chapter. DO IT! After chapter restarts, exit to main menu. After that, go back online, and click CONTINUE on your campaign save. It will load from chapter start with ironman ON. I don't know if the achievement will pop yet, but will update when I find out.
A guy above mentioned the same thing and said that you would need to play up till that point again but no further.
o8oCHAINSAWo8o
Posted on 25 June 17 at 22:03, Edited on 25 June 17 at 22:05 by o8oCHAINSAWo8o
He said to go offline, fight boss, THEN go online. I recommend go offline, reload chapter, exit to main menu, then go online so you play whole chapter with ironman on. I can confirm it worked for that chapter (shows on campaign tracker). Will see if the cheevo pops at the end, although I suspect it will.

His method makes you miss a chapter with ironman (which is why you have to play over until that point). The one I presented has you replay 1 chapter so you don't miss it.
xDaddy Cake
xDaddy Cake
Posted on 26 June 17 at 02:27
o8oCHAINSAWo8o said:
He said to go offline, fight boss, THEN go online. I recommend go offline, reload chapter, exit to main menu, then go online so you play whole chapter with ironman on. I can confirm it worked for that chapter (shows on campaign tracker). Will see if the cheevo pops at the end, although I suspect it will.

His method makes you miss a chapter with ironman (which is why you have to play over until that point). The one I presented has you replay 1 chapter so you don't miss it.
then the good samaritan thing to do is you give him credit for his solution and then say as an add-on to above solution vice saying the same thing with one change.
o8oCHAINSAWo8o
Posted on 26 June 17 at 02:53
xDaddy Cake said:
o8oCHAINSAWo8o said:

then the good samaritan thing to do is you give him credit for his solution and then say as an add-on to above solution vice saying the same thing with one change.
Actually there is more than one difference and I'm not saying the same thing. I came up with this solution independently... you are hilarious, I'm trying to help people save hours of replay time by posting a solution that has been outstanding for months, if not a year, yet I need to be a "good samaritan." I don't care about getting credit, just trying to help people out. ..you used the reference of the Good Samaritan and you should have given credit to the source of that for using that in your post😁
o8oCHAINSAWo8o
Posted on 27 June 17 at 01:27
I can confirm this solution works. The campaign progress updated initially and I just finished up today and the achievement popped!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.