Game Discussion: Gears of War 4 Forum

Snatcher Glitch Campaign

AuthorMessage
kestrel musa3rd
Posted on 28 June 17 at 08:19
Do You mean the entire act 3 chain saw or starting from beginning of 3.6 good find i recommend that You let kait or del atack from snatcher swallowed by him release them and finish the fight in 1 go
kestrel musa3rd
Posted on 28 June 17 at 08:43
i loaded 1 of my save files its just under reload checkpoint starting 3.6 from beginning the glitch thx to chainsaw is fully fixable i never used start chapter over my game is in german i thought it restarts the act3 from beginning follow chainsaw perfected guid everybody who encounters this glitch nice day
Steakslave
Steakslave
Posted on 12 July 17 at 07:05
o8oCHAINSAWo8o said:
I believe I found a solution. I can't 100% confirm yet, but if this happens, pause the game when the game loads, go offline, and it will kick you off ironman. After unpausing and repausing the game, it will give you the option to restart chapter. DO IT! After chapter restarts, exit to main menu. After that, go back online, and click CONTINUE on your campaign save. It will load from chapter start with ironman ON. I don't know if the achievement will pop yet, but will update when I find out.
Would anyone know if this was patched with the July update? When I disconnect from the internet, I get no indication that Ironman is disabled, nor do I get an option to restart the chapter. Any input would be awesome, thanks.
Vein 666
Vein 666
Posted on 12 July 17 at 14:56
This method saved me last night. Same snatcher glitch, but going offline and then restarting the chapter worked for me.
Greenemail
Greenemail
Posted on 13 July 17 at 13:53, Edited on 13 July 17 at 22:08 by Greenemail
I must be missing a step. We are glitched in an "at the doorstep" checkpoint in our ironman run-through. After we kill everything, we cannot get a checkpoint or chainsaw through the webbing to get to the next area.

So I tried the solution above:

1) I load the checkpoint
2) Sign out of my gamertag

At this point, something goes wrong. I have about a second after I log out I get booted from the game, and get sent back to the startup screen with the picture of JD where you have to press A to start. It won't let me past this point unless I log back in.

Update: It worked, with one change. Instead of signing in and out of my account, I had to disconnect my xbox from the internet and then re-connect it. All the other steps were the same.

Thanks for posting the solution.
Steakslave
Steakslave
Posted on 15 July 17 at 05:40
Ok, I've sorted out why I was having trouble with this: my gold subscription had run out. Even playing locally, the game gives different options after a disconnect so you must have gold to make this work!
MushaConvoy
MushaConvoy
Posted on 24 July 17 at 00:03, Edited on 24 July 17 at 00:03 by MushaConvoy
o8oCHAINSAWo8o said:
I can confirm this solution works. The campaign progress updated initially and I just finished up today and the achievement popped!
Thank you so much o8oCHAINSAWo8o your solution worked an absolute treat. I was not looking forward to having to skip past the Snatcher and having to play through up to that point a second time. Replaying 3.6 was so much better.

I have linked your recommendation on one of the guides on this site so others may benefit from you too.
Peace Through Tyranny
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 13 August 17 at 19:20, Edited on 13 August 17 at 20:23 by HolyHalfDead
xDaddy Cake said:
then the good samaritan thing to do is you give him credit for his solution and then say as an add-on to above solution vice saying the same thing with one change.
You really have no idea what you are talking about do you, it's not the same thing at all. kestrel musa3rd said you can carry on and then replay everything up to that point and still get the achievement. That is the exact same amount of effort as just starting again so it is not a solution, although it does provide useful information about manipulating offline saves.

Thank you o8oCHAINSAWo8o. Even though I did my research before starting my Ironman run, and exited A3C6 mid-way then started it back up, I still couldn't kill the Snatcher or make it drop the player it snatched.

This time round I was able to make the Snatcher drop the person it was carrying :)
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
The Jobbymaster
Posted on 21 August 17 at 19:19
o8oCHAINSAWo8o said:
I believe I found a solution. I can't 100% confirm yet, but if this happens, pause the game when the game loads, go offline, and it will kick you off ironman. After unpausing and repausing the game, it will give you the option to restart chapter. DO IT! After chapter restarts, exit to main menu. After that, go back online, and click CONTINUE on your campaign save. It will load from chapter start with ironman ON. I don't know if the achievement will pop yet, but will update when I find out.
Life saver, got the snatcher glitch, tried this as I did not want to start from the start again. Worked a treat life saver. Played through and both achievements popped at the end of the game.
DangerCensored
Posted on 05 April 18 at 05:51
Still works! dance
P13rlu1g1
P13rlu1g1
Posted on 24 July 18 at 17:21
I stucked at the same point. the snatcher don't go down from the upper point, he jump down only if one get down by its tail attack. the glitch happen on pc and console and going offline on console is useless, nothing happen and there are no reload level option.
SicarioNY
SicarioNY
Posted on 25 July 18 at 02:46
o8oCHAINSAWo8o said:
Thank you so much for the solution to the Snatcher glitch problem. It worked flawlessly and a buddy and i got our cheevos.
Bastian Reader
Posted on 18 October 18 at 02:30, Edited on 18 October 18 at 02:30 by Bastian Reader
Thanks o8oCHAINSAWo8o for your comments. You saved my run through.

I can confirm that you can get both iron man achievements using o8oCHAINSAWo8o's method.

Gears of War 4Legends of SeraBastian ReaderThe Legends of Sera achievement in Gears of War 4 worth 456 pointsComplete all Campaign Acts on Ironman in Co-op on Hardcore or higher difficulty

Gears of War 4Pumping IronBastian ReaderThe Pumping Iron achievement in Gears of War 4 worth 439 pointsComplete all Campaign Acts on Ironman (Hardcore, Insane, or Inconceivable difficulty)
DangerCensored
Posted on 13 August 19 at 04:23
This still, still works!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.