Game Discussion: Lies of Astaroth Forum

Level 24 Noob Recomendations

AuthorMessage
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 18 June 17 at 01:57, Edited on 18 June 17 at 02:07 by BegFourMercy
Hi, I am still new to this game. I have bought everything I could off the store. I spend all my energy exploring each day to level up.

What is a good deck build? I have 2 decks unlocked. I keep seeing challenges needing 3 two star cards in the campaign. I have evolved my battle mage to level 10. That helped a lot, but now I am having trouble in Area 6.

My 4 star cards:
Bloood Lych
Time Traveler
Ganesha
Turtle Club
Winged Princess

I only have the lightning rune. They AI has 2 and keeps messing my up with them.

Thanks,

Beg
RadicalSniper99
Posted on 18 June 17 at 02:52
Looking over your achievements right now, I don't see much of a problem. You're a week in and your progress is similar to what most people was. Here is something to keep in mind, we've been at this for about 10 months now. I 'm going to finally hit Level 100 in the next 24 hours and I've played everyday (or really close to that). This game is a slow burn. Continue to log in, level up, and get better. Some basics that I'm guessing you do:

-Play everyday. Collect login bonuses
-Play multiple times a day. The more energy you get through, the more Gold/Exp you can earn each time
-Play with your most powerful cards now, but eventually you'll want to theme your deck around a single/couple races
-Save crystals and use them sparingly. It's not worthwhile to buy crystals for the most part. Either use it to get a bunch of crystal packs or wait for the right daily limit pack.
-Pay attention to the events and do what you can.

Slowly but surely, you'll make progress.
MemoriesOfFinal
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 18 June 17 at 03:38, Edited on 18 June 17 at 03:40 by MemoriesOfFinal
Early on, I'd recommend doing a few of the early world Torment maps (1-2) and try to get some 4 star cards that way.

Each week, you'll get 600 crystals or more. (Tuesday+ Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday). Make sure to login in each day though since those other days have valuable stuff as well.

Keep doing the towers in each world, after awhile, you might get lucky and get something decent to work with. (good for new players)

Invest in the rarer runes like Arctic Freeze when you can, they make a big difference between winning and losing.

Kind of a duh thing, but make sure the cards you use are at least level 10+. (there are some reasons not to use them at 10+ but most people will never deal with this)
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 18 June 17 at 14:00
Thanks for the information. Is it ok to let the game pick your materials to use for enchantment (Auto Select)?

BTW, the Daily Limit pack shows, Grant you a Pig Feat, Gold * 400K, Scrap of A, B, C, D. There is no or in the definition, but after 2 openings, I only see a Pig Feast. So you only get 1 item from the list?
HabitualNewt
HabitualNewt
Posted on 18 June 17 at 14:15, Edited on 18 June 17 at 14:17 by HabitualNewt
Youll get all from list...only Pig shows tho.

Daily packs are def a newer players best friend. You can grab great cards early on.
Id def be saving around 2500+ crystals (and dont spend magic tickets till an event asks to to blow 70 for a free card).

Reading thru a few on the map help threads, youll see a pattern of what cards people are recommending, saving crystals for some of those (if/ when they appear) will be great adds to your deck.
YNWA
Dubs187
Dubs187
Posted on 19 June 17 at 09:24
BegFourMercy said:
Thanks for the information. Is it ok to let the game pick your materials to use for enchantment (Auto Select)?

BTW, the Daily Limit pack shows, Grant you a Pig Feat, Gold * 400K, Scrap of A, B, C, D. There is no or in the definition, but after 2 openings, I only see a Pig Feast. So you only get 1 item from the list?
i never use auto enchant , i like to pick the cards myself, i just dont trust the AI.
MemoriesOfFinal
MemoriesOfFinal
Posted on 19 June 17 at 14:42
BegFourMercy said:
Usually, but it also tries to include anything that fits its criteria, which is enhancement cards -> 3 star -> 2 star -> 1 star... there are some 3 star and event cards I'd like to keep as trophies, so I don't auto-enchant to avoid using them. (I could just give them a tiny bit of xp each, but that would take far too long... even more annoying than just manually enhancing each time)
HabitualNewt
HabitualNewt
Posted on 19 June 17 at 16:02
Imo, best way to stop 'accidently' using a card for enhance, up it to lvl 5+....and if you have order as ☟itll be listed as last in that certain * grouping.
YNWA
Forty Water MC
Posted on 19 June 17 at 19:06
Mr Rodster
Mr Rodster
Posted on 19 June 17 at 20:43
FWIW, I long ago decided that it would be faster to just bite the bullet and level up to 1 every card I care about keeping (yes, hundreds) so I could use Auto Select for upgrade materials. For me at least, the effort was worth it. I use Auto Select all the time now...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.