Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Free Content and Double XP Weekend for Friday the 13th: The Game

AuthorMessage
WillCBlogs
WillCBlogs
Posted on 19 June 17 at 20:58
Break the servers, get free stuff

Please click here to read the story: Free Content and Double XP Weekend for Friday the 13th: The Game
He A Good Boy
He A Good Boy
Posted on 19 June 17 at 21:04, Edited on 19 June 17 at 21:32 by He A Good Boy
Wow free outfits, that totally makes up for scamming people out of $40!!!! I feel bad for anyone who bought this.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 19 June 17 at 21:07
He A Good Boy said:
Wow free outfits, that totally makes up for scamming people out of $40!!!!
You bought a game at launch in 2017. You pretty much scammed yourself. wink
AHGreg
AHGreg
Posted on 19 June 17 at 21:13
Purple Jason!
A man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man.
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 19 June 17 at 21:14
I think it's cool that they are saying " our bad, here's some free stuff", at least they are trying to fix it and make up for it.
BEERME7
BEERME7
Posted on 19 June 17 at 21:15
At least there listening to feedback and working on fixing the issues unlike a lot of developers these days. Plus free stuff is always good no matter how small it is
is that Hydro
is that Hydro
Posted on 19 June 17 at 21:23, Edited on 19 June 17 at 21:24 by is that Hydro
So glad I decided to wait this one out a bit. Was afraid it would get stale like people said of Evolve & kept comparing this game to it. At this point, I think I'm just losing interest all together lol.

I hate how DEV's push out some cheesy free stuff to compensate for so much BS. The double XP is pretty much a standard in games these days, everyone does it. If you are hyped for some customization items, then Lord have mercy on your soul....
A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
MiggyBombs
MiggyBombs
Posted on 19 June 17 at 21:25
I paid 40 dollars at launch and haven't felt scammed. I love this game, even with all it's faults. I have made several friends by using the LFG feature. I will happily take CP and a new skin!
Grim Sadist
Grim Sadist
Posted on 19 June 17 at 21:30
Awesome. I like the NES Jason. Did not see that coming. I thought it would be Jason X or something.
He A Good Boy
He A Good Boy
Posted on 19 June 17 at 21:31
Fooga said:
He A Good Boy said:
But I didn't buy the game. I can still think it's fucked up that they released a knowingly unfinished game and aren't properly rectifying it
lI VOID
lI VOID
Posted on 19 June 17 at 22:55
MiggyBombs said:
I paid 40 dollars at launch and haven't felt scammed. I love this game, even with all it's faults. I have made several friends by using the LFG feature. I will happily take CP and a new skin!
Agreed. Almost at 150 hours and still enjoying the hell out of it.
RiseofMrBlonde2
Posted on 19 June 17 at 23:11, Edited on 19 June 17 at 23:12 by RiseofMrBlonde2
He A Good Boy said:
Fooga said:
He A Good Boy said:
But I didn't buy the game. I can still think it's fucked up that they released a knowingly unfinished game and aren't properly rectifying it
the problem isnt that they knew it was unfinished. the game ended up being WAY more popular than they expected so the servers simply couldnt handle the amount of people trying to play. almost all of the issues stem from that problem in one way or another. not only that but theyve released 2 patches on xbox that have significantly improved the game from launch and are constantly in touch with people about what theyre doing. funny that you come in and comment on a game that you havent even touched. all you know is nothing but hearsay.
He A Good Boy
He A Good Boy
Posted on 19 June 17 at 23:24
RiseofMrBlonde2 said:
comment on a game that you havent even touched. all you know is nothing but hearsay.
Wow, you've watched my every move since the game came out for you to know that? Creepy! Also, hearsay? Yeah, I've noticed the hordes of people complaining about the game everywhere it's talked about on the internet, and noticed the problems on Xbox are significantly worse than the other versions of the game. It's far from just server issues, it's riddled with bugs and crashing. I don't need to personally own the game to think that the developers could do a little something more for the people who plunked down $40 day one.
Lyzyrd
Lyzyrd
Posted on 19 June 17 at 23:55
There are some stability issues, but damn it is fun. LFG is the best way to find matches, rather on relying on the in-game quick match.
billbillbill
billbillbill
Posted on 20 June 17 at 00:04
He A Good Boy said:
I don't need to personally own the game to think that the developers could do a little something more for the people who plunked down $40 day one.
Something like... what?
DutRank
DutRank
Posted on 20 June 17 at 00:19
Couldn't care less about an XP boost. You'll be maxed out long before you come close to 2,000 matches played.
Oriole2682
Oriole2682
Posted on 20 June 17 at 00:20
Just wondering, what is LFG? Also this game does have popularity...DLC skins sell for over $1000 on eBay regularly...and thats for ONE CHARACTER SKIN.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 20 June 17 at 01:46
Oriole2682 said:
Just wondering, what is LFG? Also this game does have popularity...DLC skins sell for over $1000 on eBay regularly...and thats for ONE CHARACTER SKIN.
Looking for Group, a site that allows for you to get a group of like minded gamers. Commonly use in games like Destiny to get raids done but is useful for other games where teammates that communicate are critical to success.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 20 June 17 at 02:00
It does drive me crazy that they released the game in the condition it was in but it's pretty par for what a lot of games do so I'm more upset that this is acceptable for companies to do this. However, they admitted they made mistakes, they've listened to the community and released patches to try and fix things and they're giving out free stuff and they didn't have to. I'm just glad they're trying to make up for it and when it goes down in price they might my $$
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 20 June 17 at 02:01
Great stuff guys :) now send me my physical copy already ! .. btw this game is superior to dead by daylight that game is trash ,and no fun at all . The maps are small no build up the killer was on me in 10 secs after getting in to the game in 4 match's . Game sucks.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.