Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Upcoming Changes to Highlights and Loot Boxes in Overwatch

AuthorMessage
BruceWayne1008
Posted on 23 June 17 at 05:00
Change is good

Please click here to read the story: Upcoming Changes to Highlights and Loot Boxes in Overwatch
DarthDave89
DarthDave89
Posted on 23 June 17 at 05:09
I NEED one of those Diva E-Sport Jerseys. Jeff, Hook me up!
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 23 June 17 at 05:16
In case you don't feel like watching the video:

-Your last 5 highlights will be around for 24 hours regardless of whether you turn off PC/console.
-Bind a key on PC to capture highlights. Can have up to 32 saved.
-Loot box duplicate rate is "drastically" reduced. Credits from loot boxes will be increased.
Heartagram07
Heartagram07
Posted on 23 June 17 at 05:19
Moldy Tacos5000 said:

-Your last 5 highlights will be around for 24 hours regardless of whether you turn off PC/console.
-Loot box duplicate rate is "drastically" reduced. Credits from loot boxes will be increased.
Thanks for the summary :)
Alfsac
Posted on 23 June 17 at 05:47
Let's see if I can finall buy loot boxes during events, right now, it doesn't matter when yuou buy them, it's too underwhelming, you buy them at the start of the event, you risk getting duplicates and almost no credits at all, you buy them a few days before the event ends for those 3 last legendary skins you need, you'd still probably get the same event duplicates with really no good payout.
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 23 June 17 at 06:19
Great news about dupes and credits was very bad before.
Ereaser NL
Ereaser NL
Posted on 23 June 17 at 07:58
Moldy Tacos5000 said:

Really happy with that last point.

All I seem to get is player icons and sprays and when I finally get a skin it's a duplicate.
Heartagram07
Heartagram07
Posted on 23 June 17 at 08:30
Ereaser NL said:
gamer=Moldy Tacos5000]
All I seem to get is player icons and sprays and when I finally get a skin it's a duplicate.
Nothing like getting excited when you see the legendary coloured beam burst up as you open your loot box...to have the item drop down and reveal itself...as another duplicate.
Saikred
Saikred
Posted on 23 June 17 at 09:24
There's very little I even need to unlock any more, so more credits out of boxes will mean I can just buy everything for every event =)

Not so bad I suppose
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 23 June 17 at 09:34
Moldy Tacos5000 said:

Thanks a lot!
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 23 June 17 at 12:39
Moldy Tacos5000 said:

Thanks for the summary. I kinda get the "last 5 highlights will be around for 24 hours" thing, but not the limit of 32 saved. Not if you choose to save it on your own hard drive?!

The new function of capturing it yourself instead of the auto highlights has been long awaited.
Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 23 June 17 at 12:55
Saikred said:
There's very little I even need to unlock any more, so more credits out of boxes will mean I can just buy everything for every event =)

Not so bad I suppose
There are thousands of items, how much have you played?
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 23 June 17 at 13:05
Thousands? There's 24 characters with about 55 items for each and a couple hundred player icons.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 23 June 17 at 13:17
Sprays, lots of sprays as well. Maybe not thousands, but there's a LOT of things to unlock.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 23 June 17 at 13:18
Zorlac0666 said:
Sprays, lots of sprays as well. Maybe not thousands, but there's a LOT of things to unlock.
Sprays are counted in for each character, not to mention there's a lot of sprays that can be used with all characters.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 23 June 17 at 13:22
Twinkling82 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Sprays are counted in for each character, not to mention there's a lot of sprays that can be used with all characters.
And those aren't counted in the character unlocks. Is this really worth arguing over?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into http://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.