Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Add highlight/visual cue to My Games for Games with Max Possible Completion %

• Posted on 23 June 17 at 16:49
    Under My Games, completed games show up with a 'Green' highight/visual cue to indicate that they have been completed. For games with Unobtainable achievements, there is nothing visually to denote that there is no progress left to complete, which makes it difficult to note whether or not the game has been "finished" with the max possible achievements.

I would like to propose that a highlight/visual cue be added for these titles, to make it easier to identify games which have no achievements left to obtain. The color for this does not matter, but should be distinct from completed games.

Example:
    https://snag.gy/MWbmvG.jpg

Wordament here is correctly highlighted to show that it has been completed.
    Vampire Rush here is not highlighted, but it has been completed with the max possible completion %. Going through my list in My Games, it is difficult to know if I had 1 achievement left, or none left, in comparison to the other games listed.

Note: While My Game Collection can be used in conjunction with the "Done With" status, this is strictly in relation to My Games and its functionality, which I prefer because it does not require me to manually curate my collection and manually set a "Done With" flag, which does not necessarily correlate with whether or not I've reached max possible completion % on a title.
  • Posted on 23 June 17 at 17:13
    I am all for this idea, but I kinda want "done with" instead. While I would have to manually mark the uncompleted game, I could do so if I deem that I would never want to go back to the game, do not want to grind it out, or I deem the achievement impossible for me to obtain. I always use the "MY games" page to find the next game I want to play, mostly out of habit but also because I prefer the layout and information there is there in comparison to the GC.

People kept saying I should just use GC in my wishlist thread, but I am sharing it here anyway, to let people know of a different idea but with the same use.

Regarding "done with" state - mark in games list
    Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,570,103
    Posted on 23 June 17 at 19:31
    I'm in the camp where if this is going to be done, it should made with the "Done With" attribute in mind from the "My Game Collection" feature (as Twink has said) rather than just be limited to the few games with Unobtainables. It can take care of the games with Unobtainables and be used for virtually every other game on the site that way.
  • Posted on 23 June 17 at 19:33
    If that's the case, would you support both with different visual highlights for "Done With" vs "Max Complete" ? Done With doesn't necessarily mean it's complete.
  • Posted on 23 June 17 at 20:11
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    If that's the case, would you support both with different visual highlights for "Done With" vs "Max Complete" ? Done With doesn't necessarily mean it's complete.
    I support this, but then two new colours would have to be chosen for the my games page. And colours that would work with the current colours on text, links, and background - for both light and dark mode of the website. It is feasible, just needs a lot of tests and eyes probably.
    Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,121,109
    Posted on 23 June 17 at 20:36
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    Agree with this.
  • Skeptical MarioSkeptical Mario1,311,537
    Posted on 23 June 17 at 21:19
    I'd like to see customizable colors/patterns for each play status (polka dots for backlog! plaid for On Hold!) but that would apply to Game Collection, not My Games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads