Forum for Editorials and other News Features

MotoGP 17 Review

• EurydaceEurydace652,588
    Posted on 25 June 17 at 21:13
    Racing at the speed of okay

Please click here to read the story: MotoGP 17 Review
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm652,865
    Posted on 26 June 17 at 02:47
    Thanks. Great review. I think the absence of a good soundtrack is a shame. I think it adds an extra adrenaline rush to a racing game.
  • RMKip455RMKip455120,564
    Posted on 26 June 17 at 03:37
    Thanks... I'm shocked because MXGP3 is actually pretty good
  • WillCBlogsWillCBlogs277,919
    Posted on 26 June 17 at 04:07
    Eurydace is lying. This is his GOTY laugh
  • AmniosAmnios285,717
    Posted on 26 June 17 at 08:33
    My biggest problem with the game is the lack of consistency with the AI.

In qualifying I can easily beat them, always getting pole, and often by a few seconds, but when it comes to the race the AI suddenly finds an extra few seconds, lapping faster than they did in qualifying.

Yes it makes the racing closer but it can also make it very unbalanced.

Otherwise the racing is good fun, although as you say the visuals are horrible.
    http://amniosblog.info
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty1,067,057
    Posted on 26 June 17 at 11:58
    Thank god there is no music. It is usually the shitty grungy/rock crap that they always assume gamers love for some reason.
  • hobohemianshobohemians247,269
    Posted on 26 June 17 at 13:22
    Thank you. I have not played any MotoGP yet, I think I'll buy it to try. Wow, thank god there is no music... rs
    Posted on 26 June 17 at 13:24
    BruceWayne1008 said:
    Eurydace is lying. This is his GOTY laugh
    laugh

+1

Ethics Statement
    The reviewer spent 15 hours racing bikes, managing his team, and winning three championships in both the Managerial and the Rider paths.
    I can just picture Eurydace taking off his helmet and brushing off the dirt as he sits down to write this review.
    Posted on 26 June 17 at 13:48
    Oh man I actually won four championships and forgot to update. Oh no!
    Posted on 26 June 17 at 14:16
    Eurydace said:
    Oh man I actually won four championships and forgot to update. Oh no!
    In RL?
  • Mystic MoshMystic Mosh353,594
    Posted on 26 June 17 at 14:47
    I platinumed this last week on the ps4 (the unobtainable trophy was patched 1 week after release), and if any thing found it a mile better than Moto GP 16 (AKA Valentino Rossi The Game). This was all because of the LACK of different vehicles to drive. In VRossi, they had use arsing around on trials bikes which was bad enough, but then drifting cars and rally weekends?; are you having a laugh?. It's meant to be about the bikes, so when I read that Milestone had come to their senses and made Moto GP 17 just about that, I bought it. The handling mechanic is a mile better than last years effort, and unless I'm wrong, I can never remember listening to bgm in any Moto GP title. It doesn't need music. The managerial career was decent, the only gripe being finding a teammate who isn't a complete muppet and can finish on the podium with you for a rather luck based achievement. I hope when they bring Moto Gp 18 out it's still about the bikes, and we still have no music. New player potraits is a must though; using pictures from Moto GP13 IS a bit lame.
    Posted on 26 June 17 at 16:05
    It does need music because the sound effects are atrocious.

I managed to get the podium achievement last night luckily. My guy was always first in Moto3 while I was doing my GP career so then I switched to that and of course the guy sat at 8th. So I set it to very easy and played it like burnout. Eventually my guy finally made it to first and I came in second.
  • TheJudge24TheJudge24426,109
    Posted on 27 June 17 at 00:42
    Hopefully MotoGP 18 will be better when it switches to Unreal Engine 4.
  • NaberiosNaberios1,385,801
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 21:27
    I'm with a lot of folks here, no need for music during a race. One of the first things I do in any racing game is turn off the music during gameplay. I did listen to Timeless for a bit in Forza Horizon 2 & again in FH3 for the skill song stuff, but that's about it.
    [insert witty yet thought provoking comment here]
  • RyoNo 46RyoNo 46493,280
    Posted on 03 July 17 at 13:33
    I kind of agree with the review apart from a few things.
    The music - they have tried it before and it sounded naff they are trying to build a sim racing game which in my opinion doesn't need music while racing.

The sound - my god the sound, to say im disappointed is an understatement, after buying every iteration since 2013 when Milestone released their first MotoGP game its taken them this long to make the bikes sound correct and whats worse is they use it as a selling point!.

The visuals look better than they did the 60fps is a godsend (when there arent any drops) but the visuals as you say still look dated! parc ferme is a laugh with 3 generic characters in a team shirt looking like emotionless mass murderers. oh and the riders look like they'd beat chuck norris in a staring contest.

Like you said it would be ok for an indie title but this is a full £40 release.
    Oh and MXGP looks so much better why couldnt we have the unreal engine :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads