Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass July Update Adds Dead Island, Resident Evil 6 and More

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic597,512
  • Posted on 28 June 17 at 14:19Permalink
    I'm definitely going to "rent" Dead Island when I have time.
  • Sky ManiacSky Maniac561,060
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 14:23, Edited on 28 June 17 at 14:23 by Sky ManiacPermalink
    surprised to see new additions so soon
  • Posted on 28 June 17 at 14:29Permalink
    Sky Maniac said:
    They said they plan to add at least five games a month, starting with this month (July).

They were less descriptive about how much would leave every month, but did state that anything currently in the Game Pass will be there until at least November (not sure if inclusive or the month of November or not).
  • stebeer85stebeer85461,734
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 14:29Permalink
    Thought they were removing games aswell?
  • Posted on 28 June 17 at 14:30Permalink
    I love this service. This, and EA Access. It strikes me as a rather good way for them to make money on games that nobody is buying anymore, and yet actually be damn good value for the consumer.

Saying that, I do own about 60-70% of the games in the Game Pass catalog. Which sucks somewhat, but there's still a bunch of stuff there that I've never played, and wouldn't actively buy without a massive discount (Flame in the Flood, for example). But for the sticker price, I'll play the crap out of those I don't have.

Now if only Ubisoft would follow suit...
  • RaidenIsRaidenIs165,641
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 14:37Permalink
    stebeer85 said:
    Not until November!
  • SplatadorSplatador323,652
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 14:46Permalink
    I thoroughly enjoyed my 14-day Game Pass trial. It's a service that I won't subscribe to just yet, but I look forward to what's to offer in the coming months and years.
  • Posted on 28 June 17 at 15:04Permalink
    Sky Maniac said:
    I think I'll keep my trial in bank a little longer in order to see what's coming next.
  • Whos JentWhos Jent171,910
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 15:04Permalink
    Still, is it worth it?
  • Inatimate1Inatimate1513,711
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 15:24Permalink
    stebeer85 said:
    Not until November from what I heard...

Good to see Bard's Gold on the list, I had a lot of fun completing this a couple of months back, so for fans of Roguelike (loosely) platformers I highly recommend it!

The Flame in the Flood looks like a lot of fun. I've still got far too many Indie games though that I bought during last week's sale to get through first roll
  • Posted on 28 June 17 at 15:26Permalink
    Maybe I'll try Bard's Gold.
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch762,452
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 15:31, Edited on 28 June 17 at 15:31 by Mike PitchPermalink
    Christian Doe said:
    Sky Maniac said:
    I think I'll keep my trial in bank a little longer in order to see what's coming next.
    I plan on using my trial in October since they've said that stuff would be removed in November, waiting to see what else gets added so I can knock out some easy GS in 14 days. I'm keeping a list as they add stuff.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 June 17 at 15:33Permalink
    JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:
    Maybe I'll try Bard's Gold.
    bards gold is a fun game
  • eohjayeohjay814,756
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 16:07Permalink
    Bard's Gold was a lot of fun!
  • Zarda1Zarda1550,245
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 16:15Permalink
    I got a month from Bing so I went ahead and used my trial. It's a nice service for when you want something new to play but I mostly just went after the easy completions. I'll definitely use it again as I've already seen some games come off my wish list.
  • NerdrageXNerdrageX550,365
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 16:26Permalink
    Sick! my friends won't shut up about Flame in the Flood so I guess it's good laugh

Looking forward to playing it once the Bean Dive goes live
  • Achilles8249Achilles8249538,055
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 16:38Permalink
    I'm pretty sure my days of buying games are over, between my backlog and the game pass I won't have to anymore.
  • Posted on 28 June 17 at 16:42Permalink
    Dilemma: I don't want to restart Resident Evil 6 on the Xbox One because I never finished the 360 edition :( Hopefully it goes backward compatible
  • Posted on 28 June 17 at 16:52Permalink
    Gonna wait for a few more games to be added before I use my Trial, but I like this service. Just wish I didn't already have a lot of the games! haha
    War...war never changes.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.