Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass July Update Adds Dead Island, Resident Evil 6 and More

• Posted on 28 June 17 at 16:59
    Good start, keep bringing better games to the program and they just might get my $$$
  • Posted on 28 June 17 at 17:07
    Splatador said:
    I thoroughly enjoyed my 14-day Game Pass trial. It's a service that I won't subscribe to just yet, but I look forward to what's to offer in the coming months and years.
    Me too my 14 day trial lasted about 3 weeks for some reason. I mostly just used it for the easy completions though and now I have rare replay free to tide me over for a bit.

Looking forward to seeing what gets added over time. :)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 June 17 at 17:10
    Always liked this kind of service. Much cheaper than buying games solely for the gamerscore.

Going to save my trial as well but once the library has a bit more I'll probably dive in.
    I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
  • matdanmatdan862,905
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 17:36
    Separate thing, there is a large sale with 300+ titles on sale up to 75% off for Gold members happening on the 30th June to 10th July. 10% less for silver members

Should add to the article that if any games are removed they occur in November with advanced notice just for those that are waiting on using their trial.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,125,630
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 18:11
    matdan said:
    Separate thing, there is a large sale with 300+ titles on sale up to 75% off for Gold members happening on the 30th June to 10th July. 10% less for silver members

Did not know that. I am hoping that many of the wishlist games go on sale, but my bank account would prefer them not to. laugh
  • CornerscoutCornerscout617,529
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 18:23
    They added games just in time for the bean dive!
    Among the best in my state and the world. I blog about it, and I tweet about things I take interest in: @Cornerscout
  • EverStoned77EverStoned77842,921
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 19:02
    MaurickShepherd said:
    Dilemma: I don't want to restart Resident Evil 6 on the Xbox One because I never finished the 360 edition :( Hopefully it goes backward compatible
    Is it me or isn't it very rare that a game that have been remastered (isn't that what you call an old gen game that have been updated & re-released on Xbox One like e.g Resident Evil 6) also goes Backwards compatibility? I can only think of 1 game I've seen do this & that's LIMBO & I'm pretty sure that only happened to keep Microsoft's promise of all upcoming GwG being BC
    Kicking Grass & Smoking Ass,wait,what?!?
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,125,630
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 19:23
    EverStoned77 said:
    MaurickShepherd said:
    Dilemma: I don't want to restart Resident Evil 6 on the Xbox One because I never finished the 360 edition :( Hopefully it goes backward compatible
    Is it me or isn't it very rare that a game that have been remastered (isn't that what you call an old gen game that have been updated & re-released on Xbox One like e.g Resident Evil 6) also goes Backwards compatibility? I can only think of 1 game I've seen do this & that's LIMBO & I'm pretty sure that only happened to keep Microsoft's promise of all upcoming GwG being BC
    The Ezio Collection was released but all 3 games are BC, however I don't think it was a graphical remaster.
    BioShock series (3 games).
    Borderlands series.
    Is Halo Reach part of the Master Chief Collection?
    Darksiders series.

Cannot think of any others.
  • Posted on 28 June 17 at 19:39
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    EverStoned77 said:
    MaurickShepherd said:
    The Ezio Collection was released but all 3 games are BC, however I don't think it was a graphical remaster.
    BioShock series (3 games).
    Borderlands series.
    Is Halo Reach part of the Master Chief Collection?
    Darksiders series.

Cannot think of any others.
    Sadly, Halo Reach is only a 360 game !
  • Posted on 28 June 17 at 20:13
    Christian Doe said:
    Sky Maniac said:
    surprised to see new additions so soon
    I think I'll keep my trial in bank a little longer in order to see what's coming next.
    How do you get a trial
    Banana Big Boys
  • AlahertAlahert2,920,853
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 20:19
    Nice additions, still have to use the trial!
    Twin$ 777
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,367,734
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 20:35
    Splatador said:
    I thoroughly enjoyed my 14-day Game Pass trial. It's a service that I won't subscribe to just yet, but I look forward to what's to offer in the coming months and years.
    Just fyi, Bing/Microsoft rewards has a promo where you get a month for half price, and with the normal cost at level2 its pretty easy to keep game pass without ever paying.
    Look at me so I can finish!
  • Posted on 28 June 17 at 21:10
    Still hesitant to pick up the game pass just yet at least until there is a few more games in there, then start the trial and see how that goes.
    Play for achievements. Play for fun. What's the craic hi.
  • quiettime3quiettime31,149,559
    Posted on 28 June 17 at 21:17
    ScuzzyBunny said:
    Splatador said:
    Just fyi, Bing/Microsoft rewards has a promo where you get a month for half price, and with the normal cost at level2 its pretty easy to keep game pass without ever paying.
    Just want to say thanks for reminding me that Bing Rewards exists, I didn't realise it was available in the UK until just now and will be making use of it as much as I can in the future!
  • Posted on 28 June 17 at 22:14
    Flame and the flood looks interesting...and I never did play Resident Evil 6...do I have to play part 5 first? those are the only 2 I've never played.
    Rob
  • Posted on 29 June 17 at 01:10
    Going to wait to see what is offered in the ultimate game sale on Friday before I jump at the trial. Maybe some of the games I'm interested in will have a nice discount and I can just own them instead of renting them.
  • Posted on 29 June 17 at 01:41
    Nice. :-)
    PunchedInTheEar
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 June 17 at 07:14
    Woohoo glad they didnt remove any game.. I am playing a lot of them as fast as i can
  • matdanmatdan862,905
    Posted on 29 June 17 at 08:07
    Hahaman4real said:
    Woohoo glad they didnt remove any game.. I am playing a lot of them as fast as i can
    You know you have until November and even then you have a few weeks notice if anything is actually removed?
  • ZukapeZukape599,194
    Posted on 29 June 17 at 12:05
    wellllllll, i cant even purchase from my country. It is kinda sucks... When they will release them as codes, anyone knows?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads