Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Ignis DLC Dated for December

AuthorMessage
Dat Boi Treezy
Posted on 28 June 17 at 18:53
You may have seen the trailer yourself if you've completed "Episode Prompto"

Please click here to read the story: Final Fantasy XV Episode Ignis DLC Dated for December

Credit goes to MyDanishReality for this story
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 28 June 17 at 19:25
Dragging this out a bit.
TearsOfAClown9
Posted on 28 June 17 at 22:11
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Dragging this out a bit.
Lol. laugh
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 29 June 17 at 00:52
The Prompto DLC had a little more story to it than the Gladiolus. However, I would much rather see an Aranea DLC than an Ignis DLC.
Outsider Fenix
Posted on 29 June 17 at 01:04
Allgorhythm said:
The Prompto DLC had a little more story to it than the Gladiolus. However, I would much rather see an Aranea DLC than an Ignis DLC.
Get out of here.
Swinny Costello
Posted on 29 June 17 at 04:03
Aranea is the only character besides Cor and Ardyn that I cared about.

Ignis was the best of the main 4, however.
SiegfriedX
SiegfriedX
Posted on 29 June 17 at 04:48
I can't believe they need 6 months to come up with another 1-2 hours DLC that adds almost nothing to the game.

Let's at least hope they take those 6 months to release something less atrocious than that snowmobile races laugh
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 29 June 17 at 08:53
So where do these DLC's fit in with the main game - should you finish the main game first before starting them?
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 29 June 17 at 09:33
Stevo6483 said:
So where do these DLC's fit in with the main game - should you finish the main game first before starting them?
Yes. The first one explains what happens when he was away, the second (I think) is the same and the third is clearly dated after later story events, as shown in the trailer.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 29 June 17 at 12:44, Edited on 29 June 17 at 12:45 by Allgorhythm
Stevo6483 said:
There are no real spoilers in the two DLCs that have been released to date. The main one is that you find out something about Prompto's nature that is not disclosed until after halfway through the main game. However, it's not presented as a great revelation in the main game although it could have been if it had been presented with a little more drama. So, unless you're an absolute purist about spoilers, I would not consider the information presented in the two DLCs to prevent you from playing.

On the other hand, the DLC combat and controller mechanics are substantially different from the main game and are different from one another. The first DLC had a couple of achievements that were skill based and required good controller technique. The second DLC also has a couple of skill based achievements though they are (IMHO) less challenging than those in the first DLC. So, if you have committed the control scheme to muscle memory, I would not recommend popping back and forth between the two DLCs and the main game.

The case for playing the DLCs early is you get to know more about Gladiolus and Prompto. I think if I were starting the game, today, I would play the Gladiolus DLC followed by the Prompto DLC first. Then, when I got into the main game, I would be able to empathize more with the members of the party and it would enhance main game play.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 29 June 17 at 13:08
But by playing it first, you are filling parts of the story which was intended to not be told to Noctis.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 29 June 17 at 13:36, Edited on 29 June 17 at 13:36 by Allgorhythm
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Stevo6483 said:
Yes. The first one explains what happens when he was away, the second (I think) is the same and the third is clearly dated after later story events, as shown in the trailer.
If you've seen the trailer, you've already seen all the spoilers:

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 29 June 17 at 14:00
LuckyConquerer2 said:
But by playing it first, you are filling parts of the story which was intended to not be told to Noctis.
That's true but, like I said earlier, if you've seen the trailer, you've already seen all the spoilers to speak of. If the information you find out in the DLC had been presented with more dramatic flair in the main game, it would have been a bigger deal. However, that part of the main game story seemed rushed to me and the developers didn't capitalize on opportunities for major plot twists. Moreover, since the key points have been shown in the two minute Prompto DLC trailer, the developers must not have thought that revealing the info would be significant.
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 29 June 17 at 15:56
Cheers for the info guys. I don't have the game yet - it just didn't scream "buy me" when it released. I'm a big FF fan but there was just something about this that didn't immediately do it for me. Even now I'm still on the fence. Keeping an eye on sale prices, etc. Might even wait until all the DLC is out and discounted before I make a purchase. I've got plenty to occupy me in the mean time.
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 29 June 17 at 16:37
Stevo6483 said:
Cheers for the info guys. I don't have the game yet - it just didn't scream "buy me" when it released. I'm a big FF fan but there was just something about this that didn't immediately do it for me. Even now I'm still on the fence. Keeping an eye on sale prices, etc. Might even wait until all the DLC is out and discounted before I make a purchase. I've got plenty to occupy me in the mean time.
Because there are so many 'landmark' FF games, new ones are always held to a higher standard. Also, since Square-Enix likes to push the envelope, you always get something new. It seems the new features tend to be polarizing--some players loving them some hating them.

One thing you can count on is that a FF game will have high production values and FFXV's production values are through the roof. FF XV seemed to be a response to some of the criticism that had been levied against the FF XIII trilogy. Where FF XIII tended to be linear, XV was open world. XIII used a menu driven ATB combat system XV used a non-menu real-time button push action system. XIII emphasized the female characters while XV had an all male main party. XIII elaborated on the Fabula Nova Crystallis cosmology while XV deemphasized the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos. And so on.

I enjoyed the game and am enjoying the DLC. My recommendation, since you're in no hurry, is to wait for a good sale for the Final Fantasy XV: Digital Premium Edition. It includes the season pass with all the DLC. It's already been discounted. I don't know what the UK prices are like but, in the US, prices have gone down 10 USD from 84.99 USD to 74.99 USD. That's still on the high side. However, a 50% sale would make that a great bargain.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 30 June 17 at 00:21
Stevo6483 said:
Coincidentally, the XBox Ultimate Sale has just started:

Xbox One Ultimate Game Sale

It shows the FINAL FANTASY XV Digital Premium Edition at 30% off for 64.62 AUD or 44.99 USD. These are the XBox Live Gold Member prices. This edition, as I said earlier, includes the season pass for all DLC including the future Ignis episode. However, much as I recommend FF XV, I recommend Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Digital Deluxe Edition even more. IMHO, it is a better game at a better price. At 36.11 AUD (22.50 USD), it's an absolute steal. It also includes the season pass and all DLC has been released so you'll get the complete game.
gregalexander00
Posted on 30 June 17 at 23:39
Prompto had a techno-theme in his music. Gladious a rock-theme in his music. So will Ignis have a jazz or classical theme in his? music
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 30 June 17 at 23:40
gregalexander00 said:
Prompto had a techno-theme in his music. Gladious a rock-theme in his music. So will Ignis have a jazz or classical theme in his? music
He is definitely a jazz guy.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 01 July 17 at 02:16
gregalexander00 said:
In the short sneak preview at the end of Episode Prompto, the score sounds classical with dark overtones.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.