The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Ultimate Game Sale [UPDATED]

• Posted on 01 July 17 at 11:35, Edited on 01 July 17 at 11:38 by X8BIT ScorpionX
    I decided I'll be getting:
    DOOM, Minecraft: Story Mode Adventure Pass (just for achievements), Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Worms W.M.D. and Deadpool. I'll spend the rest of the money I got from selling some games that I never played on the Steam summer sale.
    And there was a huge whale and it was all like MWAAAAA which made it super scary!
  • Rhhe82Rhhe82313,882
    Posted on 01 July 17 at 11:53
    I surprised myself and bought Injustice 2. I've always (since the very first Mortal Kombat in 1994 or something) been crap at fighting games - One Must Fall 2097 being the only exception and that's a mid-90s game too - but I guess I'll give the genre and myself one last chance.
  • SysRestartSysRestart571,859
    Posted on 01 July 17 at 15:05
    This ULTIMATE game sale is very disappointing. Same games they have had on sale before...didn't want it then and I don't want it now. TA did a great job of laying it all out, but the sale just wasn't impressive.
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1311,400
    Posted on 01 July 17 at 15:11
    so if I have the basic version of ryse, do I need to delete it before I buy the legendary version or no?
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,729,122
    Posted on 01 July 17 at 15:17, Edited on 01 July 17 at 15:17 by The Globalizer
    Looks like I forgot to click "Post reply" on my last attempt, so here goes again...lol

On Win 10, some other Telltale things are on sale:

The Walking Dead $6.24
    The Walking Dead Season 2 $6.24
    The Wolf Among Us $6.24

Also, The Walking Dead: Michonne season pass is $2 in-game.

All are stackable to X1/360 versions.

I think the rest of the Telltale stuff is on sale too, but I didn't buy it.
  • WebManWebMan1,122,584
    Posted on 01 July 17 at 16:51, Edited on 01 July 17 at 16:52 by WebMan
    I don't know why so many people complain about this Ultimate Game Sale. With 100's of games on sale, there must be some games that anyone would want. I just bought 7 games, so I am happy.

The Darkness II (xbox 360)
    Riptide GP: Renegade
    Song of the Deep
    The Bunker
    Late Shift
    Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition
    The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - The Complete Season (Ep. 1-5)

I will "Bean Dive" all of these games. smile
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy602,654
    Posted on 01 July 17 at 17:07, Edited on 01 July 17 at 17:08 by JMJimmy
    WebMan said:
    I don't know why so many people complain about this Ultimate Game Sale. With 100's of games on sale, there must be some games that anyone would want. I just bought 7 games, so I am happy. smile
    It's 315 games/dlc... there are over 4500 games alone not including DLC. Of the 315 only what, ~20-30 are over 50% off? It's lame and overpriced.
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Posted on 01 July 17 at 17:28
    J4CKA1 said:
    so if I have the basic version of ryse, do I need to delete it before I buy the legendary version or no?
    Nope, the Legendary edition is just the game + DLC. It will simply add the DLC to your game (If you have the disc version, it will unlock the game so you can play it w/o the disc as well)
    Hola
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 July 17 at 17:28
    ParadoxReal8 said:
    HQAZE said:
    Ultimate sale is a big word
    Yeah, even two big words
    Bigly
    Instagram: Jdricheson90 Twitter: jdricheson90
  • Posted on 01 July 17 at 20:54
    SpiralGamerpro said:
    "Ultimate"
    lolz,your comment made my day sir
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 July 17 at 21:54
    Basically unless all Games on all platforms are at least 95% off then some peeps will complain. The real deal is that one game or DLC you really want for ages is not on sale, and that nutt-hurts ppl.

What no Stranglehold DLC?
    Un-the-fuck-quote laugh
  • Belly EllyBelly Elly186,250
    Posted on 01 July 17 at 23:05
    Got Ori, oxenfree and game of thrones for 26 euro, not too bad.
  • Posted on 02 July 17 at 03:00
    Really dont get the hate on this sale. Havnt been buying alot myself for the past couple years and said screw it and got witcher complete, deadrising 3 pass, dragon age, bioshock collection, some indie stuff and injustice 2 which is really the only game i wish was a lil cheaper but is also understandable as its still really new
  • smakzillaasmakzillaa932,847
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 04:28
    Looks like the Evil Within Bundle has joined the sale
  • Posted on 02 July 17 at 04:50
    Why cant Sunset Overdrive DLC go on sale by itself? cry
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • EmDeeGeeEmDeeGee985,920
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 06:44
    Can someone confirm that the Walking Dead: A New Frontier Season Pass for Win 10 is indeed 50% off if you access it from within the game (and, therefore, bought Episode 1)?
    Proud member of the last remaining Dutch team in GTASC 2015
  • EmDeeGeeEmDeeGee985,920
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 10:28
    EmDeeGee said:
    Can someone confirm that the Walking Dead: A New Frontier Season Pass for Win 10 is indeed 50% off if you access it from within the game (and, therefore, bought Episode 1)?
    Decided to bite the bullet myself. The TWD: ANF season pass for Win 10 is indeed 50% off and costs $10 or your regional equivalent.
    Proud member of the last remaining Dutch team in GTASC 2015
  • eayragteayragt345,195
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 11:37
    When these threads get updated, can we get a comment on what's been added? Unsure if it's just Evil Within (which has been mentioned in the comments) that's been added, or if there's more. In a sale this large it's hard to notice additions!

Appreciate I'll get a pm if the game is on my wishlist, but if I only bought games on my wishlist I wouldn't have such a large backlog... hmmm... maybe you shouldn't tell us about any more sales!!!
    Say everything with a smile
  • Posted on 02 July 17 at 17:20
    Game of thrones and Life is Strange for me . For now roll
  • Posted on 02 July 17 at 19:19, Edited on 02 July 17 at 19:19 by rumandcokeslurp
    I expected better deals on the big games, but did pick up some smaller ones. Jackbox party pack 1, since I've only see part 3 on sale previously. Also Voodoo Vince. I'm tempted by the Wolfenstein games, Doom and Little Nightmares, but really I have too many on the go right now...I would have jumped at Dirt Rally if it were on the list...Also The Witness is tempting me...
    Rob
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.