Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

What's Your Game of the Year So Far?

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 02 July 17 at 09:01
Six months down, what gets your highest praise?

Please click here to read the story: What's Your Game of the Year So Far?
Poll: The year is half over. What's your Game of the Year so far?
  • 7.0% - Injustice 2
  • 14.1% - Resident Evil 7
  • 5.6% - Halo Wars 2
  • 11.8% - Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • 5.7% - Prey
  • 7.1% - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • 3.0% - A PC game
  • 7.7% - A PlayStation game
  • 10.5% - A Nintendo game
  • 27.6% - Other

• We had 2,516 responses to the poll.
    You must log in to vote on this poll
    Dwaggienite
    Dwaggienite
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 09:06
    I vote snake pass. SO fun. If it wasn't for the glitches that plagued the achievements pre-patch, it would have been perfect.
    IronFistofSnuff
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 09:07
    Thats a hard choice to make. I've played a fair amount of games from this year, mostly indie, and can't decide on one single game. The best $60 game so far that I've played was The Surge. Other notable titles which aren't as much money are MX Nitro, RWBY Grimm Eclipse (although you need friends for this or it isn't very good), Riptide GP Renegade, The Inner World and Human Fall Flat.
    oo Yungstar oo
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 09:16
    I'll go with Lego City Undercover, best Lego game I've ever played.
    Elemant Zero
    Elemant Zero
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 09:16
    Certainly not Andromeda.
    WeyounNumber6
    WeyounNumber6
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 09:17
    It's still Resi 7 for me. Nothing matches that experience so far for me. Last year my favorite was DOOM for many of the same reasons.
    Kennyannydenny
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 09:20
    Wildlands is not worth it. It's way to repetitive. In the beginning it is fun, but after a while everything gets boring. The Story is also very weak.
    Odog1234
    Odog1234
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 09:33
    Ben-Hur, even though it came out last year,
    kintaris
    kintaris
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 09:33
    Dwaggienite said:
    I vote snake pass. SO fun. If it wasn't for the glitches that plagued the achievements pre-patch, it would have been perfect.
    Between this, Thimbleweed Park and Yooka Laylee.

All tap into a purity of gaming from my childhood but with significant modernisation. All have had a fair handful of technical problems, true. But all of the developers involved have continued to make huge overhauling improvements based on feedback. In the case of Thimbleweed Park it surely must be operating at a loss now because the systems that have been added had to be added manually, line by line. That kind of dedication to the product is pretty impressive to me, and it was a great game already.

Really looking forward to whatever each of these developers gets up to next, and I hope they all find audiences on the Switch too.
    Ereaser NL
    Ereaser NL
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 09:36, Edited on 02 July 17 at 09:37 by Ereaser NL
    None! But that's not an option...

I actually haven't played any new games this year. With so many titles coming out at the end of the year I doubt any of these will be a Game of the Year for most. (As far as Xbox goes at least)
    Blue n Gold Eel
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 09:54
    Other: Forza Horizon 3
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
    BlackxRyan
    BlackxRyan
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 09:58, Edited on 02 July 17 at 10:03 by BlackxRyan
    Even if it isn't as great as Mass Effect 3, Andromeda is still a very good game. That was a real challenge for Bioware to continue without Shepard and his universe and in my opinion, they did a good job.

But I'm waiting for the last games of 2017.
    IHeartParamore
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 10:04
    Has to be Injustice 2 for me so far. It's a shame really, The release of Tekken 7 has made me realise how far behind I've left the 3D fighter genre now, and all my favourites are 2D fighters. Who knows. Maybe Marvel vs Capcom Infinite will eclipse Injutice. We''l have to see I guess.
    Dat Boi Treezy
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 10:17
    Other: The Surge

The only other two games I've played that released this year so far are ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG 2 and ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG!

I've only played about 10-15 hours of The Surge so far but it's been enjoyable and quiet challenging. The combat is really rewarding and I look forward to seeing more of what the game has to offer.

Wildlands didn't impress me with the beta it had before it's release. None of the other titles interest me besides ME:A which I will check out at some point.
    Twitter: @TA_Treezy | Twitch: DatBoiTreezy | YouTube: Ash Treezy | "Wu-Tang is for the children" - ODB
    Tantric Monkeys
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 10:17
    I had to be a traitor and go for 'a playstation game'. I brought a PS4 in the sale the other day just to play Horizon and I have to say it was well worth it, one of best games I've played
    PerfectOO7
    PerfectOO7
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 10:32
    Simply as it is: Get Even. Impressive presentation of a cool story. I liked it!
    Nerfgirl83
    Nerfgirl83
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 10:32
    Breath of the wild! Seriously how do you not pick this?
    aka Kryptonian
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 10:35
    Tekken 7. I waited SO long to play it and I've loved every second since I got my hands on it.
    Pretend inferiority and encourage their arrogance.
    CHiLLiONS
    CHiLLiONS
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 10:35
    Had there been a N/A I would have chosen that.
    I KoNviiKT xX
    I KoNviiKT xX
    Posted on 02 July 17 at 10:36
    Persona 5 !
    Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.